Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Men with power forget just how vulnerable they really are in the scheme of things. Eliot Spitzer...we had high hopes for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM

414 posts, read 344,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sixty year old guys should know better than to get involved with women nearly half their age. For a guy as smart as he is about warfare he sure is stupid about women. He got played and we're just lucky the woman/women who played him wasn't working for the enemies of our country. At least we don't think they were at this point in time. Damned old fool, jeez! I feel sorry for his wife.
Twitter from Fox News national Security Correspondent released 48 minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC

quote:
Jennifer Griffin
@JenGriffinFNC
Holly Petraeus may have known about affair all along - family friends tell Fox. Why reveal it now...just days before Petraeus to testify?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Twitter from Fox News national Security Correspondent released 48 minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC

quote:
Jennifer Griffin
@JenGriffinFNC
Holly Petraeus may have known about affair all along - family friends tell Fox. Why reveal it now...just days before Petraeus to testify?
Nobody knows what actually goes in a couples personal life except the couple. Holly might've been good with it. You just don't know.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,821,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Instead of a cover-up for the Benghazi attack, ridiculous on the face of it, or as intriguing as the possibility of a woman trying to glean classified information, it is looking more like an episode from Jerry Springer!. A woman with a Fatal Attraction complex trying to protect "her man" from another trollop. Now that's pathetic.

David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell affair: FBI investigation found emails showing CIA director affair with biographer.
I think it's part of a cover up. I think that the CIA knew of the upcoming Benghazi attack and Petraeus let it slide in order to cause trouble for Obama. When it didn't work, the military flew a drone into Iran airspace to create a state of fear.

Now, it's payback time.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOvq8FsiUE

Video has some swears.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Nobody knows what actually goes in a couples personal life except the couple. Holly might've been good with it. You just don't know.

Great point. This is an issue that only the very naive fail to take into consideration. Although one might demand a partner to be discreet, there are instances when a couple agrees to have seperate lives while maintaining a seemingly "normal" relationship. Maybe the woman has lost interest in the man physically, emotionally...whatever and gives the green light for him to play. Maybe it's a mutual decision based on any number of things. Some women/men even get turned on at the thought of someone else finding the partner attractive. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I thought about this during the Clinton thing. But that is what having an open mind is all about.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
I though after Bill Clinton, no one even cared about these issues? Did anything he did interfere with his professional duties, to the point of making him ineffectual? If not, what he does behind closed doors, including in the dang CIA Office is his business. There is NO allegations of sexual harrassment or forcing her to have sex with him.

If every person who had sex while married or to someone else which were married, there would be MILLIONS of people resigning from their jobs. I'm betting over half this board would be in the unemployment lines. Really? Who the hell cares?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I though after Bill Clinton, no one even cared about these issues? Did anything he did interfere with his professional duties, to the point of making him ineffectual? If not, what he does behind closed doors, including in the dang CIA Office is his business. There is NO allegations of sexual harrassment or forcing her to have sex with him.

If every person who had sex while married or to someone else which were married, there would be MILLIONS of people resigning from their jobs. I'm betting over half this board would be in the unemployment lines. Really? Who the hell cares?
Finally, another reasonable person..

Old 11-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Great point. This is an issue that only the very naive fail to take into consideration. Although one might demand a partner to be discreet, there are instances when a couple agrees to have seperate lives while maintaining a seemingly "normal" relationship. Maybe the woman has lost interest in the man physically, emotionally...whatever and gives the green light for him to play. Maybe it's a mutual decision based on any number of things. Some women/men even get turned on at the thought of someone else finding the partner attractive. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I thought about this during the Clinton thing. But that is what having an open mind is all about.
Excatly, Hall Pass wasn't just a movie, it's reality. We don't know if it's the case in this situation but we just don't know.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

I think I heard that it was based upon very stringent rules about extramarital affairs when employed by the CIA. They feel it sets an employee up for blackmail and scandal and the possibility of access to sensitive information on the part of the employees lover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies