Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What does being patriotic have to do with eating at a local restaurant?? Are you only patriotic to your town? You make no sense. What a shock.

Now you know what the average Applebees patron tips? Do you stand around keepign count? Are you saying Appllebee customers are tight wads? Where do you people come up with these ridiculous ideas?

If corporate America was screwing their employees over so much guess what..............they wouldn't have any employees. Folks would find a job somewhere else. At least the ones who are smart would. Maybe only liberals work for corporate America?? I don't know. You folks seem to know where democrats and republicans and "wingnuts" shop and eat and how much everybody tips and on and on so you must know where they work too.
Eating at/patronizing local businesses keeps money in your town, thereby increasing such businesses' economic viability and supporting the people they employ, who will then in theory at least spend part of that money at other local businesses. I think that is very patriotic, especially once you look at the investment portfolios of large U.S. food conglomerates. I thought Republicans were all about supporting and fostering the growth of small entrepreneurs and small businesses, which Papa John's and Applebee's decidedly are not. What could be wrong with helping your local economy grow and choosing to spend your discretionary dollars with small local entrepreneurs as opposed to big corporate chains? When I waited tables, I never worked for a big corporation, choosing instead local businesses. And, guess what, I got paid and treated a lot better according to friends who worked for big corporations. I'll admit that that evidence is anecdotal at best, but what evidence do you have, KUC? If you say that "corporate America was screwing their employees over so much guess what . . . they wouldn't have any employees," then you are assuming that there are a plethora of other jobs available. Is that really the case, though? I thought the point of this thread was that big corporations were going to start cutting back on employees. All the more reason for people to start working for local businesses, local restaurants in particular. That way, everyone wins. Less gross, sucky food, and more money in local pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshaw07 View Post
Papa's gonna cut employee hours so he doesn't have to pay for healthcare. Yet he gives away a million pizzas. I, for one, won't give another dime to that heartburn franchise.
I fully agree with you.

Does anyone know if his mother is still alive?

Giving birth to something as toxic as this piece of filth surely had to have given his mother cervical cancer.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
I don't buy Papa John's because it is just bad pizza. If they think they can raise their prices 50 cents I don't really care. I'm sure a price hike has nothing to do with healthcare. Now he can learn what a free market capitalist system is all about. >>> price goes up, demand goes down, and others fill in the gap... sounds like some job creation to me.

The reality is 50 cents probably covers some of the tax benefits he lost without Flip.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:18 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
it is interesting how both republicans and democrats are going to boycott american businesses to teach somebody a lesson.

this should end well.

i find the democrat position especially interesting because they are always the ones whining about the government needing more money.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 AM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Why would I want to hurt Papa John's employees? Liberals are such morons. Of course they have to pass on the extra costs associated with Booboocare. Unlike the government, a business can't spend more than it takes in...a concept our president just doesn't seem to get.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I fully agree with you.

Does anyone know if his mother is still alive?

Giving birth to something as toxic as this piece of filth surely had to have given his mother cervical cancer.
Wow, what an idiotic comment. Shows your level of maturity and general hateful state of mind.

Maybe you don't like their pizza...I sure don't, but you can't deny that the guy has built a huge business. He has made a decision to cut employee hours and there may be backlash by way of decreasing sales, but I can guaranty that they have already factored this into their decision.

Please also note that many of his franchisee's have made themselves quite wealthy as a result of his companies decisions. Maybe you should give it a try and accomplish something instead of sitting on your can and being so angry.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:36 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Don't eat Pappa John's. I don't care what he raises the prices to. There is a local pizza place that I love, not a chain. Their prices are staying the same.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why would I want to hurt Papa John's employees? Liberals are such morons. Of course they have to pass on the extra costs associated with Booboocare. Unlike the government, a business can't spend more than it takes in...a concept our president just doesn't seem to get.
This ^^^^ 100%!!! I can't rep you enough.

Very well said and easy to understand....even for a leftie drunk on the kool aide.

Elections have consequences and I am very concerned about what the recent one is going to do to jobs.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't know why they'd announce a price increase so boldly, but hell I don't really want to pay $0.5 more for a half-assed pizza from them. Anyone agree?

Papa Johns has to be the worst pizza out there! I'd rather eat store bought, frozen pizza, before I'd eat their crap!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
They make a good veggie pizza, but its still nowhere near as good as a couple local places. Neither is Domino's, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's. I just had their pizza last week, BTW. Hmm, I can make a mean pie myself although its tough to get a decent pre made crust.
The guy knows his business so he'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies