Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
So, apparently you can't just go fishing. You have to apply for a license. Jeez, you'd think you could do something humans have done since we were in caves without answering to the gubment....oh well, I'll pay the $15 I guess....effing idiots...I swear...
Oh well gee no you can't just go fishing.... There is LAWS, and you can't just go hunting either, and that costs even more. A lot of states won't let you 'just' buy a lic anymore with out taking Hunter Safety which also costs.

What old fashion men once knew or were taught growing up is all wussified now and modern man don't know squat compared to his elders. Not when it comes to camping with out a whole RV, and hunting for days on end in the woods with a pocket full of food if that. I mean the whole point to hunting once was to bring home food not bacon.

I swear I have days were i think real cave man had more smarts....

He started fire no problem, and with 2 sticks. I do that, but it took me a year to learn how.
He got hungry so then he went off to find something to eat. Woolys and other larger game like that were a team hunting event.

We still hunt that same way, 50 yards apart driving game to 'standers' No talking allowed!

If you ask me Paleoman had it made... Hunted the wooly, hunted caribou, elk. and deer . He ate salt water fish and dug for clams, took abundant shellfish and all for free.

They didn't have any notion of owning land, money or taxes ...... That's all stupid crap modern man insists we all need to live and the truth is we don't need one stinking bit of it and I know because i spent 3 full years living off the land myself and with no stinking licenses.

I will admit i didn't eat nearly so well....... The sea coast is all but wasted with modern homes and you better not get caught on a private bch now..... But wild fish and wild birds are still free for the taking if you know how.

A lot of the know how is understanding the term 'To bark up the right tree' and then doing what that means, which boils down to making cordage by hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
What is the point of going fishing when you can buy fish at Wal-Mart?
The point is, it is nice to eat a fish that has been dead for less than a month, has never been frozen and wasn't flown in from 3,000 miles away. Also, I'd rather spend my day next to a pond or river than standing in line at Wal*Mart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
Was asking a friend from the midwest this yesterday evening--all I could think of was Bambi.
I agree. That is why I never shoot a talking deer with huge, tear-filled eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Same with a bow. My first was a re curve, then a compound, then "better" compound, then the crossbow, wow was the first one ever heavy, then a lighter more modern one.
Hey man, you went the wrong direction! My 'replica' of an 8,000 year old Danish flatbow weighs 1 pound, 4 ounces and draws 70lbs. @ 29".

Old 11-15-2012, 12:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

Hey man, you went the wrong direction! My 'replica' of an 8,000 year old Danish flatbow weighs 1 pound, 4 ounces and draws 70lbs. @ 29".

Those training wheels add weight, ya know....

Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't get it. I know people who got up early this morning to go and sit in a deer stand in the cold waiting for a deer to come close enough for them to shoot. Why?
In the summer time, many people head out to the ballpark after a hard day of work to stand in the outfield in the hot, humid, mosquito-filled air waiting for a ball to be hit close enough to them to field it. Why?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The point is, it is nice to eat a fish that has been dead for less than a month, has never been frozen and wasn't flown in from 3,000 miles away. Also, I'd rather spend my day next to a pond or river than standing in line at Wal*Mart.

I agree. That is why I never shoot a talking deer with huge, tear-filled eyes.

"Hey man, you went the wrong direction!"

Sorry, physical limitations required me to make my decisions.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't get it. I know people who got up early this morning to go and sit in a deer stand in the cold waiting for a deer to come close enough for them to shoot. Why?
Why do you care what other people enjoy doing?

If you don't get it, then don't do it.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
I've lived in Philly or NYC my entire life and have never been hunting but I certainly understand the appeal.
I think I would rather use a bow and arrow though. Besides, venison is good!

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 11-15-2012 at 04:36 PM..

Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,910,766 times
Because it's in our genes.
Simple as that.
That is why they enjoy it.
That is why you are here, if your ancestors
didn't enjoy it, you wouldn't be here, and either
would most of us.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
So, apparently you can't just go fishing. You have to apply for a license. Jeez, you'd think you could do something humans have done since we were in caves without answering to the gubment....oh well, I'll pay the $15 I guess....effing idiots...I swear...
Dude its like $15 and it is more then you will catch anyway.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Dude its like $15 and it is more then you will catch anyway.
I spent almost $15 on a sandwich, fries and a beer today. I have no real problem paying for a fishing licence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies