Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times

Advertisements

The winners appear mean spirited this year because of the arrogant, callous attitude of those that were certain they'd win. Maybe you weren't included but take a gander through the first few pages here and you'll see why people are rubbing their faces in it. Also, don't forget 10' either, the winners then went crazy. Maybe you weren't involved in either situation but that's the way it goes.

How about you delete the emails before reading them or block them on social media. You cant expect others to not exude their happiness because you're salty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
I know the feeling...I have some in-laws in the family who are simply great people, but due to their Catholicism, they're staunch Republicans. Back during the 2004, they kept forwarding us pro-Bush spam emails, about him visiting sick children in the hospital and that kind of clap-trap. Really, as long as you want to keep them as friends, just ignore the emails. Otherwise, there's always the "block" option.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I need some help please. I consider myself a moderate in most political things. However, this election has rocked my world. Although I was not a strong Romney fan, I do not support the current Administration and I was distressed by the negative campaign they ran. Look, I get it..they won, those who were closer to my side lost.

I have several VERY close friends who were huge advocates for this administration. They are gloating like crazy. They are downright nasty about it. I get it, their guy won. however, I feel as if it has taken a toll on our friendship in some cases. The nastiness is almost unbelievable.

I need to write to a few of them to ask them to please, stop sending me the "happy emails" and the nasty joke pages. I do not particularly want to offend them, I just want to stop this. In every election result, some are happy and some are not. However, this time...at least in my experience....the "winners" are being incredibly mean spirited.

Can any of you please me with an email I need to send to some? I do not want to be mean...just to let them know that I disagree and their gloating is pretty upsetting to me. I want them to respect the differences in our opinions. Thanks.
Dear Abby, oh,
Dear FlightAttendant,
change your email address and don't give it to the people who are bashing you,
Abby

Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Dear Friend:

Your gloating over the election is upsetting me.

Please stop.

Your friend,
Flight Attendant
Sounds good to me. I ain't happy that Obama lost but; like you, I DON'T go around ragging on people who are happy he won.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM

25,724 posts, read 18,797,332 times
What kind of a "friend" does these sorts of things? They are not your friends. Tell them so.

If it were me, I'd give them the finger. But from reading your posts, I'd doubt that's your style. I'd simply tell them that they are no longer friends and you'd like to part amicably. But that you will be parting with them.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
I still am wondering how these friends knew you were anti-Obama. If they didn't know, why would they send you those emails? Did you have some sort of conversation with them about politics, during which you let them know your opinion of Obama?

Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Dear Friends.

Please don't pee on my back and tell me it's raining.

Yes, I am more than aware the loser won, but sooner than later your grain bag will come up empty.

Today your dollar is worth 1/26th of what it used to be.

Please don't ask me for bailouts when you are hungry because I will be just as hungry, and there are no jobs for those who have been out of work for the past 3.5 years.

.................................................. ............
These people are not your friends.... You can count friends on one hand and have fingers left over.

The best way to tell who are friends is to go dead broke. Anyone who helps with out being asked and wants you to only pay it forward is a friend.

The rest are shallow beeches......

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-12-2012 at 06:25 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Unfortunately, they are a continuation of the divisive 0bama campaign. The nastier, the better. There was a time when people could politically disagree and remain the best of friends. Those days are gone, hopefully not forever.

I don't have an email for you. Just my sympathy.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Looks like people are forgetting Republican behavior after 2000 and 2004. Anyone remember the Sore-Loserman bumper stickers?

I remember how Republicans behaved after 2010. Shameful.

Mitch McConnell saying that making Obama a one term president was a priority even before Obama could put a foot in the White House. Rush calling the FLOTUS "Mooshelle" and saying that he wishes that the new president would fail.

Then there's the birther movement. Or how about Conservative claims of how Obama is only an Affirmative Action president and the persistent bellittling of African Americans like myself...constantly being told that we only voted for him because we're black and brainwashed.

Obamaphones? Remember that one.

How about after Romney TROUNCED Obama in the first debate? Remember some of the threads after that happened?

And even after this victory, all I see is threads about how Obama won because of voter fraud and welfare. SMH...

Look, I feel bad about the crap the OP is going through, but if Obama had lost, the rightwingers would be INSUFFERABLE right about now, and you know it.

So hey...it is what it is. This too shall pass.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Looks like people are forgetting Republican behavior after 2000 and 2004. Anyone remember the Sore-Loserman bumper stickers?

I remember how Republicans behaved after 2010. Shameful.

Mitch McConnell saying that making Obama a one term president was a priority even before Obama could put a foot in the White House. Rush calling the FLOTUS "Mooshelle" and saying that he wishes that the new president would fail.

Then there's the birther movement. Or how about Conservative claims of how Obama is only an Affirmative Action president and the persistent bellittling of African Americans like myself...constantly being told that we only voted for him because we're black and brainwashed.

Obamaphones? Remember that one.

How about after Romney TROUNCED Obama in the first debate? Remember some of the threads after that happened?

And even after this victory, all I see is threads about how Obama won because of voter fraud and welfare. SMH...

Look, I feel bad about the crap the OP is going through, but if Obama had lost, the rightwingers would be INSUFFERABLE right about now, and you know it.

So hey...it is what it is. This too shall pass.
Nothing you have mentioned has anything to do with friendship or personal emails.
Try to stay focused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies