Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Oh good grief. He could have been on the beach or fishing with his shirt off and sent pics to her as a friend. He indeed was a friend. We all have done something like that. The media is in full spin mode trying to do anything to slander these people in order to protect the president.

Seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
on a side note, i have seen her picture, and i just don't get it.
A career move by Petreaus?
Quote:
Two months after graduation Petraeus married Holly Knowlton, a daughter of Army General William A. Knowlton, who was superintendent of West Point at the time
David Petraeus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
William A. Knowlton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I know a two star general who knows petreus. He said Petreus was an arsehole. He is all about politics and had always planned on going into politics after he got out of the service. I guess that probably will not happen now.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
She is getting what she deserves.
Maybe it started out as blackmail attempt, and she got upset that no one gave into her, so she tattle-tailed on them?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I know a two star general who know petters, friend of the family. He said Petreus was an arsehole. He is all about politics and had always planned on going into politics after he got out of the service. I guess that probably will not happen now.

For the record, just so the FBI or CIA does not come knocking on my door. I have never been given any classified information.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
She is getting what she deserves.
Well you've certainly changed your tune now that he is no longer General Betray Us.

If this scandal had broke in 2007 so many of the posters here would completely reverse thier positions on it.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I know a two star general who knows petreus. He said Petreus was an arsehole. He is all about politics and had always planned on going into politics after he got out of the service. I guess that probably will not happen now.
So much so that his named was tossed about as a presidential candidate. Seriously, you don't get to do the things he did and the level he reached by being an arsehole - no matter who your father in law is. I worked for some arseholes who were brilliant at what they did. Usually it's their success that causes an over inflated ego that results in "bad behavior". An ego can also be the very thing that can destroy someone. I think it was Petreus' ego that did him in.

His nickname is "Peaches", not petters.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
President is out but he has senate possiblities in the right state looking at past history.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
So much so that his named was tossed about as a presidential candidate. Seriously, you don't get to do the things he did and the level he reached by being an arsehole - no matter who your father in law is. I worked for some arseholes who were brilliant at what they did. Usually it's their success that causes an over inflated ego that results in "bad behavior". An ego can also be the very thing that can destroy someone. I think it was Petreus' ego that did him in.

Sure you do, or certainly can. Walk over people, take credit for others' work...
That's how most of these people get to the top.

It's the American way

Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Computer spellcheck problem. I had no idea he was called Peaches...was that by his girlfriends. In the military being an arsehole is exactly how you achieve success. You are not an arsehole to the people who are above you or horizontal to you, but to the people who are below you. The military is all about politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies