Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times

Advertisements

Susan Rice is expected to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. It would be a historical first. The first time the president, secretary of state and attorney general are all African-American under one administration. (Tea Party folks would be livid about that) It would also be the second time and African-American woman with the last name Rice is Secretary of State, although there is no family relation.

Susan Rice likely Hillary Clinton replacement - CBS News

Last edited by gsoboi78; 11-13-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,112 times
You mean the Tea Party who were livid over supporting Herman Cain, Mia Love, and Allen West?

But back to the actual story, this is not surprising to me. That whole Benghazi-gate issue was a test run for Ambassador Rice on the Sunday talk shows. She passed the test - she got a script, memorized it, and played it out for everyone to hear and see.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Susan Rice is expected to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. It would be a historical first. The first time the president, secretary of state and attorney general are all African-American under one administration. (Tea Party folks would be livid about that) It would also be the second time and African-American woman with the last name Rice is Secretary of State, although there is no family relation.

Susan Rice likely Hillary Clinton replacement - CBS News
She'll never be confirmed. Her disgusting lies about Benghazi will NEVER hold up under scrutiny.

And yes, I'm a Tea Party folk. And no, I don't see appointees by their skin color only, as the OP apparently does. I see them by their experience, character and ability to do the job. I wouldn't be livid at all if a black woman was appointed. But I would be livid if an incompetent liar was appointed because of the color of her skin.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Susan Rice, oh good, she is a good lier, she fits right in with the gang.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
You mean the Tea Party who were livid over supporting Herman Cain, Mia Love, and Allen West?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't see appointees by their skin color only, as the OP apparently does. I see them by their experience, character and ability to do the job. I wouldn't be livid at all if a black woman was appointed. But I would be livid if an incompetent liar was appointed because of the color of her skin.
Reverse-racists don't really care about logic and facts.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
The more the right hates her, the happier I am he's going to appoint her. I hope he appoints Marion Barry as Drug Czar.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The more the right hates her, the happier I am he's going to appoint her. I hope he appoints Marion Barry as Drug Czar.
That's going a tad too far.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Condalezza would be better.

Doesn't the president claim that he wants to "reach across the aisle"?

On the other hand, the madame Secretary seems perfectly happy with her current status at Stanford, and since President Obama's second term is bound to be disastrous on ll fronts - maybe especially foriegn policy - one wonders why she would want to insert herself into such a mess.

At least she could improve the situation somewhat.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
I think she took a hit for the team and might get rewarded for it. Some one had to go to the public and say something and that's what she did. Not unlike the way George Bush made Colin Powell tell every one Saddam Hussein had WMD when they knew it was a lie.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think she took a hit for the team and might get rewarded for it. Some one had to go to the public and say something and that's what she did. Not unlike the way George Bush made Colin Powell tell every one Saddam Hussein had WMD when they knew it was a lie.
So you are ok with government officials who aren't afraid to lie to the American people for the team ?
All because you think it was also done under Bush ?

So corrupt people in high government offices are ok if they are put there for revenge against the other party ?

Is this what we've become ?

Valerie Jarrett was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies