Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
EVERYTHING is wrong about being proud of your race- no matter what race you are. YOU and I,the egos, had absolutely nothing to do with it- NOTHING. No living being chooses, creates, requests, demands, or is responsible for their skin color or race. Do you think a bird chooses the species and the color of his/her feathers? We may just as well be proud that we beat our hearts and remember to take each breath with such dependable precision!

Whether one believes in a god, mother nature, a roll of the dice, evolution, creation, the Big Bang, or whatever- it is a mystery that we exist at all. It is something we should be grateful and humble in the face of- not prideful.

Nevertheless, I defend your right to express your views as long as such expression does not interfere with the Constitutional rights of others. Hanging people of any color or race, for example, expresses a point of view quite graphically, but that does not make any such expression Constitutionally defensible, let alone morally defensible.

(Aside from all that I sometimes suspect, JCS, that you are not really sincere with your shark jumping "views" but are here only to pull our chains and then chuckle or cackle at our reactions. I hope that is the case.)
Jcs is for real. And your post is too intelligent for jcs

Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
This is just within the last couple of months
So if I find a person of any group who does something I can claim that is the group think of that entire group? (say yes please say yes don't ruin my fun) Or is the group think just limited to the groups you are against?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I agree. But be careful. There really are many on CD who agree with this kind of mentality. And about black racism... Well even if blacks hated white people just because of their skin color, which seems to be the prominent reason for not liking black people, what difference does it really make? what power does black racism have really, to impede the general welfare, peace of mind of the typical white citizen who tends to avoid any contact whatsoever with the black community, unless for entertainment or vocational purpose?

I don't claim to be the voice of all Afro-Americans. But I can tell you that of all the black people I have have encountered, none appeared to have issue with white skin. I mean with all the black men clamoring to date and mate with white women. It is not you as a white person that black people find issue with. But instead, the self-righteous majority that perpetuate elitist objectives. Some may disagree. But I think many black people share my feeling that it is also the condescending behavior that insists that black people are less intelligent inferior cretins, lacking integrity, responsible for all that has gone wrong with America, including the President, who happens to be Afro-American, despite being bi-racial.
Bolded for loss of credibility. Is it because blacks are better than white people? Is that why you said that? I think people are the same.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,648,464 times
The kkk are idiots imo....

But I am a little annoyed that there peaceful protest was infiltrated and their freedom of speech was a mocked .

Just as bad if there was a minority march or something and the kkk came infiltrated and made a mockery of it.

Help the kkk is the minority group now.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-15-2012, 05:18 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
You should be ashamed of not being proud of your race and heritage. Your race defines greatness. Your race has achieved what was thought as unachievable. Again, you should be proud of your race.

A sea of greatness in the 'Sea of Tranquility'.
What a lot of racist twaddle. I tend to be proud of things I achieve personally. I most certainly cannot take the credit for what others achieve and thus Pride has nothing to do with my feelings. No more than I am responsible for where I was born and the Passport I carry. An accident of birth.

I can be fascinated, in awe, repelled, horrified, I can admire and respect what my specie Homo Sapiens, has achieved ( the good and the bad), I can denigrate and reject it, condone and condemn it but I can only find pride in what is directly linked to my own personal achievements. I belong to the Human Race and despite your little racist tantrums so do YOU. That is the only race which truly matters.

My "Race" as a White individual is no better or no worse. It has no more value than any other. I value it just as much ( I never said any less I would like to point out). Like all human beings I find more ease of comfort and understanding in what I know and was brought up with.

This is not an assignation of value , not a qualitative judgement, simply an acceptance that I am a product of my cultural environment. However I can also look at the other sides and be in awe of their respective achievements and their cultural offerings to the communal "kitty" of Humanity.

What makes me proud as a Homo Sapiens is how we have evolved with such ingenuity, in such different natural and social environments and have produced so much beauty, so much intellectual diversity. We have shown ourselves to be the ultimate adaptable animal and yes to me that is something which is amazing and wonderful.

I do VALUE my Heritage actually. A lot. I respect what my forebears achieved intellectually, scientifically,culturally and artistically. Which is why I have been involved with many projects which help to protect and conserve this historical and social heritage. It is one of my Hobbies actually. So spare me this crap about pride. I suspect I spend a lot more time on cultural and scientific projects than you do.

HOWEVER I also seek to protect and preserve other race's and ethnic groups' heritage because there is no less valuable. I also value other people's heritage. Intellectually anything else is unthinkable to me.

I feel bereft and distressed that we are losing so many languages, dialects, cultural mores in the never ending cultural tsunami of a global social hegemony, a monochrome cultural homogeneity is the death of the Human race and the beginning of "cloneville". That terrifies and bothers me because what we are losing is so precious.

I do not denigrate what White people have achieved , but I refuse to believe I am somehow superior or have a monopoly on "right" or that we are somehow the only harbingers of intellectual "truth".

What I celebrate most about my race, Homo Sapiens is its diversity, its wonderful polychromic cultures all of which add to what we ALL are.

To you being Human is a p...ing contest and is all about moral and racial superiority. To me it is about a much bigger picture leaving out vanity and self obsession.

Being Human to me is about a journey of discovery and understanding. I am richer as a White person intellectually for all which other races have added to the mix. And if you can't see that then I pity you.

Why is it so difficult for people to value and respect their Heritage without denigrating others' ? I simply do not understand this. Respect for your own values and culture is not mutually exclusive with respect and value of the other cultures around us.

The word "pride" to me is very telling. I prefer respect and value. Pride does not come into the equation IMO. As the sayong goes "Pride comes before a Fall".

Racism from whatever race is stupid and based on ignorance and fear. I reject it from ALL quarters. I have a profound loathing of racists be they Black, White, Asian, because none of them follow their brains but just allow prejudices and feeling of "pride" and wanting to feel superior to attack and deride others. Racism is bullying and I hate bullies.

BTW choosing The Space Race as a way to make me proud of being White was about the worst example you could choose.

I would personally prefer we had spent that money on giving everyone Universal Healthcare, access to Free Education or found a cure for countless diseases... Impressive , awe inspiring achievement for Mankind ab to go to the Moon and explore Space absolutely, but not the best use of our money. Exploring the Oceans or finding a long term solution to our energy problems might have been a tad more pragmatic.

The Space Race was another perfect example of the greatest P...ing contest on the planet.

What great deeds have YOU achieved for the progress of the Human Race ? That is all that counts in the end, stop taking the credit for other people's work and intellectually prowess.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Congrats. Would you like a cookie?
I was thinking a Pat and Tummy Rub ! It might be contagious though, so better avoid all physical contact, I don't want to catch racist "cooties" !! Cookies would be a waste, give them to me instead !

Blond and Blue Eyed, if he is not a member already time for him to join the "Aryan Pride" marches.... The KKK will do I suppose , who knows he might trip over the robes , hit his head and come to his senses...

Miracles I am told constantly by my Christian friends exist so who knows...

Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Until 1964, when the democrats and republicans swapped sides of the fence.

Today's Democratic Party does not tolerate racism. That is one reason they kicked the republicans' butts all over the field last Tuesday.

This is very funny how ignorant people are about the fight for civil rights.
They think it was a Democrat idea and authored law.

Martin Luther King was a Republican, his entire life, as was his father.
Civil Rights was being pushed by Republicans, since Woodrow Wilson made segregation a law.
JFK refused to sign the civil rights act as a Senator in 1957 and again as President in 1962.

When the Civil Rights Act passed, it had 2/3rds more Republican support, than it did Democrat.
Against his parties values, LBJ signed it into law.
It was the nail in the coffin for LBJ to be re-elected as President, much less win the primary elections.
The reason he did not even waste his time and try to run for re-election.

Ignorance led many to believe the Democrat King, was their savior. They still have no clue, it has been Republicans that have always led the charge to civil rights for all mankind.

In a free nation, there are no civil rights laws, only consequences for one's actions.
By being forced, it only adds resentment and provoking behavior.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Lead by example, or rule by force?

Which one do you choose?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
So because the Republicans were the party of Lincoln over 150 years ago that means they are for civil right's today?

I should vote GOP in 2012 because Lincoln freed the slaves in 1863?

Lol as evidenced by the stance of the GOP and other RW they have totally lost their way from the original beliefs of the GOP.

You go for the party that has you feel has your best interest at heart today not YOUR great-great-great grannies.

Basically....screw the GOP who cares what they did over a 100 years ago and if the Democrats decide to reverse their current positions they will lose my vote the same way the GOP started losing the minority vote after the 60s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Civil Rights was being pushed by Republicans, since Woodrow Wilson made segregation a law.
JFK refused to sign the civil rights act as a Senator in 1957 and again as President in 1962.

When the Civil Rights Act passed, it had 2/3rds more Republican support, than it did Democrat.
It was the nail in the coffin for LBJ to be re-elected as President, much less win the primary elections.

Ignorance led many to believe the Democrat King, was their savior. They still have no clue, it has been Republicans that have always led the charge to civil rights for all mankind.

In a free nation, there are no civil rights laws, only consequences for one's actions.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

2x's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies