Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

In the early morning of Sunday, September 15, 1963, Bobby Frank Cherry, Thomas Blanton, Herman Frank Cash, and Robert Chambliss, members of United Klans of America, a Ku Klux Klan group, planted a box of dynamite with a time delay under the steps of the church, near the basement. At about 10:22 a.m., twenty-six children were walking into the basement assembly room to prepare for the sermon entitled “The Love That Forgives,” when the bomb exploded. Four girls, Addie Mae Collins (age 14), Denise McNair (age 11), Carole Robertson (age 14), and Cynthia Wesley (age 14), were killed in the attack

Medgar Wiley Evers (July 2, 1925 – June 12, 1963) was an African-American civil rights activist from Mississippi involved in efforts to overturn segregation at the University of Mississippi. He became active in the civil rights movement after returning from overseas service in World War II and completing secondary education; he became a field secretary for the NAACP.

Evers was assassinated by Byron De La Beckwith, a member of the White Citizens' Council

I think it's best for most sane Americans to stay away from your brand of "American Values"...
OK, so I must ask....

How do you extract the values of....

hanging black people

burning down churches

and assassinating civil rights activists

from his comment?????

Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 AM

414 posts, read 344,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
They were specific victims of idiots that were so stupid as to believe white skin made them superior.

They were specific victims of idiots afraid of other people being granted the rights of American Citizens.

They were specific victims of losers who had to have someone lower on the racial hierachy then themselves, eventhough they knew they were on the bottom.

They were specific victims of idiots who feared competition

Thet were specific victims of a system that has never worked, apartied.
I disagree.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Yes defense of the country.
That is what this is about.
defense against what?

If you are against illegal immigration petition the lobbyists and corporations.

The phrase "I dont support the KKK, but I support their protests"

Is code, we all know what it means here.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Anyone who believes the KKK are, foremost, patriots as opposed to inbred, mouth-breating, knuckledraggers who aim further their own sick agendas is an ignoramus who knows very little history and has a myopic vision of how hate groups work. The KKK use 'patriotism' as a smokescreen to advance their belief that Aryans are the master race; everything else is simply marketing.

So, go ahead, pretend that you're some patriot in part due to your support of anything that comes out of the KKK's mouthpieces. Good luck with that.
What is wrong with being proud of your race and using the Constitution to express your views?

Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM

37,162 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The roots of the KKK are in the Democratic Party. Read some history.
Until 1964, when the democrats and republicans swapped sides of the fence.

Today's Democratic Party does not tolerate racism. That is one reason they kicked the republicans' butts all over the field last Tuesday.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
The Klan is about preserving White European's heritage, values and traditions. There is nothing wrong with that. They want our borders protected from unlawful invaders.

Patriotic David Duke after illegal Mexican invaders on the border mid 70s
You don't even know the history of your own movement. {Which doesn't surprise me seeing anyone making the kind of comments your are is a cretin} Anyway, the Klan also hated and persecuted white Eurpoean ROMAN CATHOLICS.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

If you are against illegal immigration petition the lobbyists and corporations.

Why?

Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You don't even know the history of your own movement..
Oh yes I do

Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
OK, so I must ask....

How do you extract the values of....

hanging black people

burning down churches

and assassinating civil rights activists

from his comment?????
When someone trots out the KKK as the defenders of "American Values" and what they have done most is kill, main, cheat and terrorize, how do you not make the connection???

Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
I disagree.
Then you are wrong..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.