Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You misquoted my post, and I didn't say there were no other categories.

I'm in category 4; I've saved enough to pay my tax increases.
You shouldn't have stopped with three that clearly was intentional. Now you know why you shouldn't go labeling people, if you hate the favor being returned to you. But, if you enjoy it, bring it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
While we were all debating the cost to our liberty due to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), we were ignoring the cost to our pockets. If there ever was a reason for bipartisan rage about this law, it should be on the twenty - yes, twenty - hidden new taxes of this law. Making matters even more relevant is that seven of these taxes are levied on all citizens regardless of income. Hence, Mr. Obama’s promise not to raise taxes on anyone earning less than $250,000 is just another falsehood associated with this legislation.

Obamacare: Seven New Taxes on Citizens Earning Less than $250,000

Of course, the leeches aren't worried since they don't pay FIT and the rich (Soros, Al Gore, the Hollywood elite, etc) aren't worried because it's just peanuts to them. But millions of hard working Americans will get hit by these tax increases and don't have the extra cash to pay them.
From personal experience the ACA has lowered my out of pocket healthcare costs next year. Because of there requirement that the insurance companies spend a certain percentage on actual healthcare, they lowered the cost of our healthcare. This is objective reality.

Those aren't taxes. Only the individual mandate is an actual tax and that won't impact "middle class" families nearly all of whom have employer provided and government subsidized health insurance.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
From personal experience the ACA has lowered my out of pocket healthcare costs next year. Because of there requirement that the insurance companies spend a certain percentage on actual healthcare, they lowered the cost of our healthcare. This is objective reality.

Those aren't taxes. Only the individual mandate is an actual tax and that won't impact "middle class" families nearly all of whom have employer provided and government subsidized health insurance.
Are you joking we all have employer or gov ins.where I live in flyover country we only have the fine for most of us. We pay cash for our healthcare and owe nothing and suddenly we owe a fine or tax or whatever the liar is calling it today to trade free healthcare to obama voters .

Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Are you joking we all have employer or gov ins.where I live in flyover country we only have the fine for most of us. We pay cash for our healthcare and owe nothing and suddenly we owe a fine or tax or whatever the liar is calling it today to trade free healthcare to obama voters .
First the government "spends" billions every year subsidizing employer provided healthcare. Like I said a regulation in the ACA healthcare bill says that insurance companies have to spend a certain percentage of their money on actual healthcare. The regulation caused our insurance to drop.

To be honest I have no idea what you mean.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Obamacare taxes will be on top of the big taxes coming in January -- you can bet a lot of people are going to suffer big.

Only those on welfare can go on blissfully without having to tighten their belts.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
I already have insurance so I will pay no penalty.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:49 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
First the government "spends" billions every year subsidizing employer provided healthcare. Like I said a regulation in the ACA healthcare bill says that insurance companies have to spend a certain percentage of their money on actual healthcare. The regulation caused our insurance to drop.

To be honest I have no idea what you mean.

I view it as government taxing uninsured workers and redistributing their tax dollars to insured workers in the form of a tax break.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
While we were all debating the cost to our liberty due to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), we were ignoring the cost to our pockets. If there ever was a reason for bipartisan rage about this law, it should be on the twenty - yes, twenty - hidden new taxes of this law. Making matters even more relevant is that seven of these taxes are levied on all citizens regardless of income. Hence, Mr. Obama’s promise not to raise taxes on anyone earning less than $250,000 is just another falsehood associated with this legislation.

Obamacare: Seven New Taxes on Citizens Earning Less than $250,000

Of course, the leeches aren't worried since they don't pay FIT and the rich (Soros, Al Gore, the Hollywood elite, etc) aren't worried because it's just peanuts to them. But millions of hard working Americans will get hit by these tax increases and don't have the extra cash to pay them.

Finally overcompensated union workers get to put skin in the game and uninsured workers get some justice?

The seventh new tax that directly impacts the middle class, along with all citizens, is the Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans or the “Cadillac” Health Insurance Plan Tax. These are plans that provide extensive coverage and that are generally fully paid for, or largely paid for, by employers. This provision imposes a 40% excise tax on the employer-paid premium on taxpayers who are covered by such plans, beginning in 2018. The reason it begins in 2018 is because most unionized workers are covered by plans that fall under this definition and a deferral was made to spare union members from this tax for at least a period of time.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I already have insurance so I will pay no penalty.

Got taxpayer subsidy?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obamacare taxes will be on top of the big taxes coming in January -- you can bet a lot of people are going to suffer big.

Only those on welfare can go on blissfully without having to tighten their belts.
that "welfare bliss" might not be for long.

first, you get the money where you can (check, we collected 5 trillion in taxes), but spending is way too high- then you try and tax the rich more (but that's problematic if you don't want them moving their money, or investing elsewhere), and then you cut the spending on social services.

then you get this:

Anti-Austerity Protests Sweep Europe, Sparking Violence; Brussels Blinks, No Further Austerity for Spain; Economic Burnt Toast

A wave of protests swept across Europe today. Two-thirds of Spain's commuter trains were shut down. In Portugal, bus and train were suspended across the country. Italy, Greece, and Belgium also saw major protests.

Read more at Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Anti-Austerity Protests Sweep Europe, Sparking Violence; Brussels Blinks, No Further Austerity for Spain; Economic Burnt Toast

what we need is a taxpayer bailout. ....oh, wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies