Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Wrong. Rolling back all tax cuts right now, under this precarious economy, would be bad.
The cuts are going to be bad for the economy as well. I don't know which one is worse. Deep cuts or rolling back tax increases on the middle class. Increasing taxes on the wealthy...that is a no brainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And WTF is $5 billion a year going to do to deficits and fixing the fiscal mess we're in?
Contract the economy and send it into a recession with unemployment peaking around 9.1%
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...estraint_0.pdf

Plus, we are not in a fiscal mess, we are in a austerity crisis.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The cuts are going to be bad for the economy as well. I don't know which one is worse. Deep cuts or rolling back tax increases on the middle class. Increasing taxes on the wealthy...that is a no brainer.
Unemployment should be the first priority, not the deficit. The deficit is always more manageable with a healthy, robust economy.

Unemployment is our first concern.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thank you. That's the gist of my comments earlier, that we all have to share the burden of what it takes to be a Tier 1 world power.

Ending ALL of the Bush tax cuts only puts us back where we were at the close of 2000 and start of 2001. We paid those rates then, we can pay them now, and the whiners can grow up and stop being jerks about it.

The most destructive man in America is Grover Norquist, his tax cut ideology is a blueprint to destroy the nation, far more than Al Queda or the Soviets or Castro could ever dream of.
Explain how $395 billion of $400 billion is going to do anything to the massive budget deficits.

It won't and Obama himself acknowledges that in his 2013 budget proposal where he still runs near $trillion dollar deficits as far as they're willing to go.

By 2022 the deficit is $26,000,000,000,000.

You people fell for one of the biggest con artist in the history of the world.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Contract the economy and send it into a recession with unemployment peaking around 9.1%
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...estraint_0.pdf

Plus, we are not in a fiscal mess, we are in a austerity crisis.
Like we ever came out of it ?

Heck, Iceland did it so can we.
Iceland is better off today because they did it.
Take the hard knocks now..we keep putting it off.
We have to face this demon sooner or later.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Agreed. Taxes never hurt the rich. I don't see why the rich should complain. Billionaire Warren Buffett even said tax the rich.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...xes-super-rich
http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/15/news...jobs/index.htm
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...875519978.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/op...uper-rich.html

Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Like we ever came out of it ?

Heck, Iceland did it so can we.
Iceland is better off today because they did it.
Take the hard knocks now..we keep putting it off.
We have to face this demon sooner or later.
We have been practicing austerity measures for awhile now and are worse off for it.

Therefore, I have to ask what they hell are you rambling about?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
I like National Defense, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and big bird and I don't mind contributing to pay for it. I don't want to be a Rich guy in a poor country. I would prefer to be a middle class guy in a country that will not sit and watch the poor starve or do without health care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thank you. That's the gist of my comments earlier, that we all have to share the burden of what it takes to be a Tier 1 world power.

Ending ALL of the Bush tax cuts only puts us back where we were at the close of 2000 and start of 2001. We paid those rates then, we can pay them now, and the whiners can grow up and stop being jerks about it.

The most destructive man in America is Grover Norquist, his tax cut ideology is a blueprint to destroy the nation, far more than Al Queda or the Soviets or Castro could ever dream of.
Actually, your answers are diametrically opposed to each other. National Defense, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid costs are higher than ever. 2000 tax rates won't cover the growth of those programs, nor will they elimiate the deficit. So in essence, you're both asking for more taxes but yet the return on investment won't even get us out of the hole, much less cover the growth rate of those programs.

In other words, both of you are parroting talking points fed to you by Democrats and Barack Obama without even knowing the facts behind that of which you speak.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
We spend more on defense ( offense) than the rest of world combined, ss, medicare, and all other gov run programs are insolvent.
You crooks are living a first tier lie.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Explain how $395 billion of $400 billion is going to do anything to the massive budget deficits.

It won't and Obama himself acknowledges that in his 2013 budget proposal where he still runs near $trillion dollar deficits as far as they're willing to go.

By 2022 the deficit is $26,000,000,000,000.

You people fell for one of the biggest con artist in the history of the world.
Exactly. More liberal tripe without a shred of fact-based data to back up their ignorant opinions.

I guarantee you neither of those poster's will come back and defend themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies