Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This is nothing like the "million moms " boycott to get Ellen fired. Nope nothing at all.
Or like the right-wingers boycotting Disneyworld over Gay Day.

Should we mention the Dixie Chicks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Don't feed the troll folks.
One of the trolls who posted so many hateful discussions prior to the election, seems to be back under a new handle. Not surprising.

It gives me great pleasure that the extremists and America-haters are so upset that for another 4 years a black man will be sleeping in the White House. LOL!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Donald Trump has been selling clothes at Macy's for years.

While I despise Donald and am not a particular fan of Madonna, I couldn't care less if Macy's sells their clothes. If Macy's wants to sell it, fine, I don't have to buy it. I'm not signing any petition to boycott a store because of some dumb clothes.

I still shop at Macy's because it is one of the few stores left that sells petite clothing. Most stores disdain petite women and have stopped selling petite clothes. Plus the clothes at Macy's are affordable and they fit. I can't afford to have all of my clothes altered.

I get better bargains at the clearance racks of Macy's then I would if I shopped at Walmart, even if Walmart's clothes weren't too big for me.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Stupid Lefties!!!! Grow up, stop your idiotic crying about Trump and get a life! Macy's needs to do well this Holiday Season so don't start your crap.
What crap???? Macy's is not the only place to shop. I signed that petition because I won't support a company that uses a person I abhor as advertizing. There is nothing at all childish or idiotic about that decision at all. Corporations make choices just like the rest of us. They use these choices to promote their brands. I guess Macy's must think Trump is a net plus for them. I reserve the right to make my own choices as well and I will let the object of my choice aware of that choice.

I generally choose to shop at small mom and pop type stores and I try to buy goods made in Canada or made in the USA. Many others choose otherwise and that is their business isn't it??? However, I will advocate to them when ever possible to support our own workers and our small retailers.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Stupid Lefties!!!! Grow up, stop your idiotic crying about Trump and get a life! Macy's needs to do well this Holiday Season so don't start your crap.
All the more reason to dump his azz!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Macy's needs might be better served with other spokespersons, then. I thought you guys embraced market forces?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Macy's needs might be better served with other spokespersons, then. I thought you guys embraced market forces?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
I am a women and I do not need a job! I own a business with my husband that allows me to live a very nice life and am currently starting another with a friend for fun. But YOU are welcome to take a try at that link....if you are ready to give up your entitlement checks!
What's the name of your business so I can be sure to create a petition to have it boycotted? I don't support hateful people owning businesses.

You support the free market after all don't you?

Btw, where is your "Stupid Righties!" thread when Conservatives boycotted JC Penney for having Ellen as their spokesperson? Do you realize you're a complete hypocrite?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
I think all business slandering for political leanings are stupid. This is stupid as was the Chick Fila thing as was the Million Moms against JC Penney. It's mostly liberals who do these kind of things. I shop places or eat at restaurants because they have a product I like, not to support or oppose a political viewpoint. That is what charity is for.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Default Dump the Trump?

Will Macy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies