Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
NO it takes a true nutcase to think that cuts to spending INCREASES will do anything. You are ill in.
Just tell me straight up, please. Is you plan to shrink the money supply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Is you plan? I don't understand the question. I won't be doing anything as I'm not the president or in congress if your asking me what I'll do. I'll ***** and moan about it which is my right as a citizen though. By all means continue printing money until the presses break. That is the plan and it's working out quite well as you can see. For some.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Is you plan? I don't understand the question. I won't be doing anything as I'm not the president or in congress if your asking me what I'll do. I'll ***** and moan about it which is my right as a citizen though. By all means continue printing money until the presses break. That is the plan and it's working out quite well as you can see. For some.
What are you talking about? Are we printing money or going into debt? Which is it? Why do we have a national debt of 16 trillion if we just "printed money".

The only time there is too much money is when we exceed full employment. Is 60% full employment? We certainly have too much money going to the wrong people but that is because we have welfare on the one side and monopolists on the other.

But why can't you just answer the question?Should we raise income taxes across the board to pay down the numbers on the computer screen? Pay off the national debt? What is the goal?

What is the goal of a strong currency? What is the plan for it? Monopoly profits on currency hoarding?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Obama's figure for additional taxes is double the amount proposed during failed closed-door talks with GOP leaders....God Help Us....

Obama to seek $1.6 tln in new tax revenue: reports - MarketWatch
This cannot be a surprise to anyone who can do math. Only a fool would have believed the original numbers. People had to know it was being white washed so he could win the election.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This cannot be a surprise to anyone who can do math.

On the bright side, once obamacare kicks in there will be plenty of part time jobs for us to work on top of our full time jobs to pay those taxes. I'm not kidding here. The only way I can see balancing my own budget after a tax increase is to get another job.
Aren't you getting all the printed money? I am not so I figured everyone else is. Everyone keeps talking about all the money printing. Where is it? Why isn't is causing run away wage inflation?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What are you talking about? Are we printing money or going into debt? Which is it? Why do we have a national debt of 16 trillion if we just "printed money".

The only time there is too much money is when we exceed full employment. Is 60% full employment? We certainly have too much money going to the wrong people but that is because we have welfare on the one side and monopolists on the other.

But why can't you just answer the question?Should we raise income taxes across the board to pay down the numbers on the computer screen? Pay off the national debt? What is the goal?

What is the goal of a strong currency? What is the plan for it? Monopoly profits on currency hoarding?
You may be better off asking a potted plant.... Their overlords tell them deficits are bad and Obama is to blame.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM

"We certainly have too much money going to the wrong people but that is because we have welfare on the one side and monopolists on the other. "

You answered your own questions.

I guess we should just wipe the puters clean is what your saying? I'm sure it will come to that soon.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You may be better off asking a potted plant.... Their overlords tell them deficits are bad and Obama is to blame.

Deficits are good in your eyes? Why did GM need help then. Using your theory they should have been in the best shape of anybody right?

Old 11-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Deficits are good in your eyes? Why did GM need help then. Using your theory they should have been in the best shape of anybody right?

Then why don't you ask for higher interest rates? I never see deficit hawks ask for higher interest rates. That weakens the dollar just dandy. Since you will not tell me your plan, probably because you don't even understand your plan, I'll tell you what it is. Instead of public debt being provided for full employment you want to continue the bank bubble economy where we rent bank credit at high interest. Instead of regressive tax relief to create interest free liquidy( since Fed debt is recycled to the treasury as a fictitious debt) you want to drive the economy with mortgage debt that, just like deficits, spills as credit on the economy but with one critical difference; banks rent out the money at high interest. You want us to give banks their cut of the loot with money created out of thin air. You want us to rent our entire money supply. That's your plan.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Will one person explain to me why we want deficits under control?
See: criticality.

Also see: perpetuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies