Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,986,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Four deaths? I wonder how that compares to the deaths in the useless wars of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Bush got a ruthless dictator, Sadam Hussein, as well as many of Bin Laden's top men who were directly responsible for the deaths of 3,000 American lives on 9/11.

Is that useless to you?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How does it "go deeper" when you can't even come up with a half-way sensible theory as to how that would be?

If the whole affair was concocted by the White House to discredit Petraeus's impending testimony, then why would Petraeus himself admit to it?

If the affair was real and the White House just used the timing to get him out of office before he could testify, then why would Petraeus himself go out of the way to stress that the timing of his resignation had nothing to do with Benghazi?

If the White House was so hell-bent on him not testifying, then how come no one is blocking his upcoming testimony?

If Petraeus is in cahoots with the White House on this, then why has he now agreed to testify? And if he's testifying anyway, then why would he have bothered to drag his name through the mud with this affair if it was all some sort of a clever smokescreen to ward off testifying?

If Petraeus feels that he has been wronged and censored, then why hasn't he, now as a private citizen, gone screaming about this all over the media? Why has he instead in effect acted in harmony with the White House?

Hello? Is anyone home up there, guys?... Are the lights on? Earth to wingnuts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient
Yeah... so Petraeus himself publicly announced his admission that he slept with some chick...in order to help his enemies in the White House dishonor him? Great theory you have there. You could try thinking about this.

I see you've greatly used your imagination here.
Likey going deeper than that meant nothing more than the timing was suspect at least.
You will recall that very soon after his announcement Feinstein decalered that Petraeous would no longer have to testify.
Where did she come up with that?

I never said nor do I believe, nor inferred that the affair was "created".
Would be kind of difficult to prevent him from testifying wouldn't it?

Where did you get that from....oh yeah your imagination.
You've really managed to conjur up a lot of words here.

"In cahoots", latest report is now Petraeous will amend his earlier statements in his testimony.
I never said he was "in cahoots".

Here is my post in it's entirety.
You've really must have spent a lot of time on "creating" yours out of this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke
I have no faith in Petraeous as he has shown himself to be an dishonorable man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
That is exactly what they wanted you to think. Dishonor the man prior to his testimony and walla when he blows the whistle they can just say oh he's just some disgruntled general who was forced to step down spouting sour grapes. What is a disgrace is how they treated a career military man who served his country his entire life over Obama's screwup. Sickening.

bluesjuke
Could very well be. Still does not change the fact that a man that betrays his family, to whom he owes his first loyalty to, may or may not tell the truth.
He did not make a mistake just on one day, it was repeated long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
They knew about it months ago. Why not dishonor him then? Oh wait they didn't need to. What were you squeaking about again?

bluesjuke
Timing is everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101
You may want to trash the mans stellar military career over something as trivial as an affair,i'll continue to think him an extraordinary gift to America and its military, having an affair in no way diminished American security or his illustrious career.
Looking over his impressive career are you seriously going to trump all those accomplishments with who he slept with?
David Petraeus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bluesjuke
Nothing discounts his service or accomplishments. I was speaking to the man's honor.
As I said above, he betrayed his own family repeatedly.

He may very well be up front with the American people..............maybe.
There is no worry I hold about him making anything up in retaliation for those that investigated his affair.
That wouldn't fly and he knows that.
I have not a strong faith in him revealing all he knows.

He wasn't very forthcoming in this debacle himself to this point already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient
Yeah... so Petraeus himself publicly announced his admission that he slept with some chick...in order to help his enemies in the White House dishonor him? Great theory you have there. You could try thinking about this.

bluesjuke
It's likely this goes deeper than that.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not a black man, the wrong man.

You appear to make it all about race.
Most Americans have gotten past that but it is the centerpiece of the Obama way.

Like a dog returning to his vomit.

Black man or wrong man, you folks just can't get past your hate.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
The OP is just plain loony. He's declaring things which aren't even remotely true simply because, in his deranged mind, he wants them to be true. It will still be much ado about nothing in the end because there is nothing important to see. Just a guy in a position of authority who wanted to have sex with a woman who was 30 years younger than him. It happens every day and it will never stop happening because men want to have sex with younger women as much as younger women want to get ahead by having sex with older men in authority. It's a song as old as the hills.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,324,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Explain. How is my post Nazi?
Aside from your "Magic Negro" comment, it's not just THIS post. It's the endless pattern of racial-related comments and posts.
Don't play dumb.

Ken

Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
No matter which way you flip things around, the whole administration is toast.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The OP is just plain loony. He's declaring things which aren't even remotely true simply because, in his deranged mind, he wants them to be true. It will still be much ado about nothing in the end because there is nothing important to see. Just a guy in a position of authority who wanted to have sex with a woman who was 30 years younger than him. It happens every day and it will never stop happening because men want to have sex with younger women as much as younger women want to get ahead by having sex with older men in authority. It's a song as old as the hills.
Yup.

Ken

Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
The OP has made MANY Nazi posts. This is not opinion, this is a matter of fact. I'm sure this post will be deleted as telling facts which some people don't like ALWAYS gets reported and deleted no matter if they are 100% true.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
No matter which way you flip things around, the whole administration is toast.
Dream on.

Ken

Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The OP has made MANY Nazi posts. This is not opinion, this is a matter of fact. I'm sure this post will be deleted as telling facts which some people don't like ALWAYS gets reported and deleted no matter if they are 100% true.

hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies