Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Hey don't be jealous just because the majority of the Asian population go to school, get educations, find jobs, and contribute to society while other groups (shall not be named but it's obvious) drop out of school, sell drugs, kill innocent citizens and contribute nothing to society.
Did you say something, or was that some bovine bodily function I smell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
That's the real issue.
I also remember reading about tension between Koreans and Blacks. I live in a southern military town, and have heard my fair share these stories.

I guess it must hurt to see "OTHERS" taking over all the service/retail jobs in minority areas.
Not really. Most probably couldn't care less.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
Even though Asian American overwhelmly voted for Obama, some non Legal Asian residents are very hostile to other minorities. There are full of hate languages, racial slur etc in a forum. Someone claims that hate speech is protected by the Constitution even though they aren't legal residents at all.
In an open forum, is it ok to have open hate speech, language?
I think you only have to look at the riots in recent years especially in black neighborhhoods and who they targeted. Asian buiness where targeted and often burnt.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 PM

447 posts, read 496,030 times
You must notice that what I refereed is non-legal Asia residents, not Asia American voters in general.
Your point is irrelevant , those guys weren't victim for such violence since they were still abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think you only have to look at the riots in recent years especially in black neighborhhoods and who they targeted. Asian buiness where targeted and often burnt.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
Even though Asian American overwhelmly voted for Obama, some non Legal Asian residents are very hostile to other minorities. There are full of hate languages, racial slur etc in a forum. Someone claims that hate speech is protected by the Constitution even though they aren't legal residents at all.
In an open forum, is it ok to have open hate speech, language?
Do you have any evidence for these claims? While it is true that Asian-Americans voted by about eight to two for Obama, what is the connection between that and the former group's alleged hostility to other so-called minority groups in the U.S? While the following isn't true at this time, the category of "Asian-Americans" could potentially be humungous, far larger than any other hyphenated American group given that about 2/3rds of the world is Asian.

So, for the sake of argument, let's just say that, as you said, "[Asian Americans] are full of hate languages, racial slur (sic) etc (sic) in a forum." Even if we granted that these claims were true, what would they have to do with free speech and legal residence status?

I'm really not being coy here; I just don't get what you are saying. Are you saying that because Asian Americans tended to vote for Obama, it is paradoxical that they resent or dislike other so-called minorities who also tended to support Obama? Or are you implying that there is a conflict of interest because of the discord you speak of but do not document? Because you brought up hate speech, are you rather saying that protected speech should not apply to illegal residents? I'm asking these questions in all honesty because I'm finding it hard to parse out your main point from the statements you've made.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Another racists thread. Dumb.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 PM

447 posts, read 496,030 times
I didnt say "Asian Americans", only said non-legal Asian residents, so I am not sure what are you talking about. Anyway this is paradoxical that while Asian American voters voted for Obama but non-legal foreign guys in a forum spread so much hate language. They need to bear consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Do you have any evidence for these claims? While it is true that Asian-Americans voted by about eight to two for Obama, what is the connection between that and the former group's alleged hostility to other so-called minority groups in the U.S? While the following isn't true at this time, the category of "Asian-Americans" could potentially be humungous, far larger than any other hyphenated American group given that about 2/3rds of the world is Asian.

So, for the sake of argument, let's just say that, as you said, "[Asian Americans] are full of hate languages, racial slur (sic) etc (sic) in a forum." Even if we granted that these claims were true, what would they have to do with free speech and legal residence status?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM

831 posts, read 680,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've never heard an Asian say anything hateful to me, so i can't really expound on that.

And if they do say something out of line, i'll just kindly return the favor, and i'll be twice as bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
Ummm...are you sure you are legal? You seem like you barely speak English, son.

He's baiting. I think some Asian kid/gal handed his ***** on a platter and ranted his embarassment here to make one feel better, something along those lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies