Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I love how he Alinskied the Susan Rice question. He blamed the questioner. "How dare you do that to that poor little helpless female, little Miss Susie."

God, I despise that. And lefties slurp it right up. And don't see that it's 0bama himself who hates women and thinks they can't do a single thing by themselves. Gotta send in the Government Militia to help the poor little things.
I was watching today on one channel and I don't remember which one but the War on Women came to mind when I saw how much the death taxes that will continue in January will cost many widows. Statistics say that men are more likely to die first. Then here comes the government to take away enough of the money the couple have saved together to make it seem like she not only lost a spouse but a government divorce of the two happened at the same time. Some widows will lose up to 55% of the money left when the spouse dies.

The Democratic party is always talking about the War on Women. Basically one of the couple will be penalized because they lived conservative lives. Can't they at least wait until they both pass on. I think this is cruel to the one left behind. They will be needing to hire people to do the work the other spouse did with sometimes 55% less money.

I am all for helping the poor, but my government should not be taking money from either me or my husband just because the other one died. It is a greedy, heartless government that would do something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama wants to hear Romney's ideas.

Unlike most Republicans, Obama is actually willing to listen to the other side.

No, it's just a game.

When the economy fails Obama will blame the Republican House.

Refer to this post in the future.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 11-14-2012 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Quote:
Obama wants to hear Romney's ideas.

Unlike most Republicans, Obama is actually willing to listen to the other side.
He had Simpson/Bowles to put forth a plan and ignored it. What makes you think he is going to listen to anyone else if he does not even listen to his own experts? He put forth an entire health plan behind closed doors. I know you have your rose colored glasses on concerning your great leader; but every once in a while even you need to engage your brain. The only reason this man ever listens is so he can turn around and tell the other person they have it wrong and he knows better than they do. I heard that today when he was talking about Rice.

We voted on a president, not a dictator.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Obama is showing himself for what he is now that he is not campiagning for the first time in 4 years.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 PM

79 posts, read 80,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Obama became angry and petulant again. He skirted questions and bloviated about unimportant stuff and the reporters let him get away with it.
You must have been watching a different news conference. Some topics are still being investigated and other issues have yet to be decided thus he could not talk about them yet.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,977,850 times
I was too distracted by our "uh" president to get much useful information out of todays press conference.

I counted 5 uh's in the first opening line of his speach.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-14-2012 at 07:57 PM..

Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,470,526 times
Rice Had 'Nothing to Do' With Libya, So Why Was She Asked to Explain?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No, it's just a game.

When the economy fails Obama will blame the Republican House.

Refer to this post in the future.
And Romney. It's apparent that Obama has no clue on how to fix the economy, he's now saying he wants Romney's plan -- if we need Romney to fix the economy, he's the one who should have been elected.

Obama is a complete fraud -- he doesn't care one iota about fixing the economy for the American people, he is just trying to cozy up to Republicans to get them to help push through an extremely massive amnesty -- one that will make that 1986 massive amnesty look like small potatoes.

And for Obama -- it's to hell with unemployed Americans, he's about to show his true face when it comes to them.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
President Obama just held his first press conference since being re-elected.

I thought it went extremely well.

One of thing things which stood out was Obama mentioned he was planning to talk with Mitt Romney to discuss Romney's ideas for improving the economy. I think this is a true sign of great leadership. Obama shows he is open to ALL ideas from both sides of the isle.

Obama also praised Romney for his work in the Olympics.

Obama also mentioned he wanted to hear ideas from both Republicans and Democrats to deal with the Bush tax cuts, which are set to expire in January.

Below is a video of the conference on YouTube streamed from The White House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_JTKkSjt4
It was his first press conference in eight months, not since his election. 0bama has been phoning it in for two years now.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Because she allowed herself to used as a propaganda tool. Someone so easily fooled, and led around by the nose, do you really want her speaking for the nation?

0bama is starting to surround himself with useful yes men, and yes women. He is not looking to appoint intelligent, critical thinkers, he just wants people who will do as they are told, and to not ask questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies