U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,317 posts, read 8,449,954 times
Reputation: 3386

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post

What damage did Bush do????? The economy under Bush was doing FINE until the Demcrats took over the Congress in 2008.
Here's a nice summary, so I wont have to type it myself:

W. and the damage done - Salon.com

And by the way ... the Dems took over Congress in Jan 2007, not 2008.

And the economic collapse was a result of bad subprime mortgages that were given to unqualified home owners long before Jan 2007.

This Republican built "house of cards" was almost entirely completed when the Dems were handed the keys to it in Jan 2007.

The Dems took over just in time to watch it collapse!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,934 posts, read 7,897,890 times
Reputation: 3497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I love how he Alinskied the Susan Rice question. He blamed the questioner. "How dare you do that to that poor little helpless female, little Miss Susie."

God, I despise that. And lefties slurp it right up. And don't see that it's 0bama himself who hates women and thinks they can't do a single thing by themselves. Gotta send in the Government Militia to help the poor little things.
The President's "How dare you ... " comments were directed to Sens. McCain and Graham ... from what I'm recalling. Not the "questioner." And he was right to say that. Those cowards, rather than taking-on the President ... they attacked a surrogate. Kudos to the President for manning-up.

The extremist blogs are frothing at the sight of a confldent Black man who the nation once again selected to lead our nation Forward. It does give me pleasure, though, to see the racists/extremists and other anti-Americans squirm and squeal when they see or hear the President speak.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,416 posts, read 18,666,042 times
Reputation: 8949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It's attitudes like yours that cost your side the election.
No it isn't.

What cost us the election, primarily, was an ignorant electorate believing the lies of this worthless piece of human debris. That, along with a strong dose of election fraud.

Too many people bow at this mans feet. He is seen as a god, but he hasn't accomplished anything but to distribute misery.

Obama does not want to restore our prosperity. His purpose is our destruction. That is the path he is following, and you willing dupes follow him without questioning his motives for his actions.

He speaks of energy independence, yet does everything to make us more dependent on our enemies, blocking a needed pipeline, and restricting offshore drilling and shutting off Federal lands, where some of the richest deposits exist, from energy production.

He has facilitated and enabled the takeover of much of the Middle East by the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood organization, which led to reorganization of al-Qaeda in Libya, and establishing a new "beachhead" in Benghazi, which led to the Sept. 11 Benghazi attacks and the death of four Americans, including our Ambassador.

He has betrayed those people who gave their lives in Benghazi, by refusing assistance when assistance was urgently requested. Of course you people brush this off as a lie by Fox News, even though all evidence suggests that this is the truth. A SEAL does not "paint" a target unless he knows that he has the air support to take out the target, otherwise he is giving his position away. The conclusion to be drawn here (and the only conclusion) is that he "painted" the target because he had reason to believe that there was an AC130U overhead. Who gave the orders to "stand down?" Was it Barack Obama?

The administration has been lying since the beginning on this, and Barack Obama furthered speculation about his culpability in this presser, when he scolded Lindsay Graham publicly, and said Rice said what she was "told to say." Telling, isn't it? Told by whom?

Barack Obama is a scum bag. He is a tyrant.

I have already sent a fax to John Boehner telling him that we should not give in to Obama's demands. It is the House that holds the power of the purse. They should refuse to authorize any new spending, and defer to the Ryan plan and implement drastic cuts.

Romney had the right plan for a recovery. Obama does not. I predict that four years from now, barring a miracle, we will be worse off than we are today.

Hope you enjoy the tax creases going into effect in January as a result of ObamaCare. They are going to effect you, and all Americans big time!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,416 posts, read 18,666,042 times
Reputation: 8949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Our economy HAS GROWN since Obama took office, just not at a rapid pace. The damage Bush left behind was not repairable in just four years!



Yes ... let's go back to the Bush era!

Hey ... let's start another war... because we know how wars help our economy!

After all ... wars create jobs. Lots of them.

I wonder if the families of those thousands of dead soldiers are happy about how Bush managed to keep unemployment below 5% for so many months?
Man o man.. you've bought the liberal lie hook line and sinker. We used to call people like you, "fish", when I was in the Navy.

I bet you believe in the tooth fairy too.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,416 posts, read 18,666,042 times
Reputation: 8949
[quote=ColonelStraker;26962037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post


What damage did Bush do????? The economy under Bush was doing FINE until the Demcrats took over the Congress in 2008.
True, and singling out the "Mortgage crisis," that was entirely due to Democrat Policies, because they believed home ownership was a "right."

Of course, the "war on terror" is always a convenient excuse. Notice that they always say "wars." They cannot get their pea sized brains around the concept that it was one war, several fronts.

I always wondered, do they think WWII was one war, or many? It was all WWII, even though we had the Pacific Front, and the European Front. Perhaps this is splitting hairs though.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,416 posts, read 18,666,042 times
Reputation: 8949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
And the economic collapse was a result of bad subprime mortgages that were given to unqualified home owners long before Jan 2007.

This Republican built "house of cards" was almost entirely completed when the Dems were handed the keys to it in Jan 2007.
The entire subprime mortgage crisis was because of Democrat Policies, as established by the CRA (Jimmy Carter) and greatly expanded under Clinton.

Republicans had warned many times of the coming collapse. Democrats wouldn't listen, and I can still hear Sheila Jackson Lee lambasting the Republicans for daring to aver that there was a problem.

That was all caught on YouTube video. It may still be out there. But there is no way you can pin this on Republicans.

Many Democrats, including Barack Obama, Barney Frank, Franklin Reins, Chris Dodd, and a few others, made out big time from the subprime mortgage scheme they created.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,739 posts, read 6,384,852 times
Reputation: 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're a dupe. Obama has no intention of ideas from Republicans. It's his way or the highway, as always. "I won" was again the theme of this presser, the first in many months.
Obama is a bully. He is a thug. He will not tolerate spending cuts, and he has no intention of any kind of tax cuts.
Your wealthy friends deserve no tax cuts. They have benefitted from the trickle-down gravy train for too long. They should be taxed retroactively back to Reagan.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
And you believe that? He won't speak to anyone....ever heard of the term "predict future behavior by past behavior?"
You cannot be this naive...I watched it and it was the same bullsh** he still has not done a thing to help this economy...and it will be four more years of gridlock because it's my way or the highway...
You are talking about Boehner and McConnell. That is where the gridlock is. You sound like a Fox acolyte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Mitt knows how to grow the economy. Obama is clueless. If Obama knew how to grow the economy (if he wanted to, which is a big question), he would have been successful in his first term.
In fact, Obama's disastrous first term shows he has no clue. He squandered billions on useless programs and payouts to companies that failed (payback to donors). He threw away many more millions increasing welfare rolls, while eliminating work requirements of a very successful Welfare Reform Act from the Clinton years (largely to the credit of Republicans, not Bill Clinton).
Mitt Romney should shun any requests from this President. Why should he sully his good name?
If Obama fails again, and he will, it will be to the discredit of Democrats and liberalism.

We only hope that we (conservatives) can resurrect America from the ashes and restore liberty and freedom for future generations. As of now, America and the freedom of all mankind is in the grip of death because of this one man, "The One."
You are propagating lies, sir. Give it up.
"You conservatives" support republican Wall Street control of government. That is fascism, not "freedom and liberty". Your muddled ideas are the real danger to America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What damage did Bush do????? The economy under Bush was doing FINE until the Demcrats took over the Congress in 2008.
The democrats took office in 2009.
The Wall Street crash occurred in 2008 before the election.
My god, this election outcome has sent you righties over the edge. The good news is, you are becoming more irrelevant.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 11-15-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,739 posts, read 6,384,852 times
Reputation: 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No it isn't.
What cost us the election, primarily, was an ignorant electorate believing the lies of this worthless piece of human debris. That, along with a strong dose of election fraud.

Too many people bow at this mans feet. He is seen as a god, but he hasn't accomplished anything but to distribute misery.

Obama does not want to restore our prosperity. His purpose is our destruction. That is the path he is following, and you willing dupes follow him without questioning his motives for his actions.

He speaks of energy independence, yet does everything to make us more dependent on our enemies, blocking a needed pipeline, and restricting offshore drilling and shutting off Federal lands, where some of the richest deposits exist, from energy production.

He has facilitated and enabled the takeover of much of the Middle East by the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood organization, which led to reorganization of al-Qaeda in Libya, and establishing a new "beachhead" in Benghazi, which led to the Sept. 11 Benghazi attacks and the death of four Americans, including our Ambassador.

He has betrayed those people who gave their lives in Benghazi, by refusing assistance when assistance was urgently requested. Of course you people brush this off as a lie by Fox News, even though all evidence suggests that this is the truth. A SEAL does not "paint" a target unless he knows that he has the air support to take out the target, otherwise he is giving his position away. The conclusion to be drawn here (and the only conclusion) is that he "painted" the target because he had reason to believe that there was an AC130U overhead. Who gave the orders to "stand down?" Was it Barack Obama?

The administration has been lying since the beginning on this, and Barack Obama furthered speculation about his culpability in this presser, when he scolded Lindsay Graham publicly, and said Rice said what she was "told to say." Telling, isn't it? Told by whom?

Barack Obama is a scum bag. He is a tyrant.

I have already sent a fax to John Boehner telling him that we should not give in to Obama's demands. It is the House that holds the power of the purse. They should refuse to authorize any new spending, and defer to the Ryan plan and implement drastic cuts.

Romney had the right plan for a recovery. Obama does not. I predict that four years from now, barring a miracle, we will be worse off than we are today.

Hope you enjoy the tax creases going into effect in January as a result of ObamaCare. They are going to effect you, and all Americans big time!
The election has unhinged you, it seems. Take a rest on the fainting couch.
* You wasted a fax. Boehner and repubs will continue to spend like they always have.
* Fox certainly does lie. It is the propaganda arm of the republican party, and does the bidding of scumbags Karl Rove and Roger Ailes.
* Because you believe the Fox liars, you have no idea what happened in Benghazi. Obama-hate is obviously clouding your mind.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,241 posts, read 11,439,530 times
Reputation: 3550
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Obama wants to implement Romney's 'sketchy deal'?
Mitt does not give a damn about this country and never did, Obama offered his hand knowing damn well mitt will not accept it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM
 
4,684 posts, read 4,249,129 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Mitt does not give a damn about this country and never did, Obama offered his hand knowing damn well mitt will not accept it.

Mitt was going to accept, but he wanted to know what was in the gift bag first.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top