Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times

Advertisements

President Obama just held his first press conference since being re-elected.

I thought it went extremely well.

One of thing things which stood out was Obama mentioned he was planning to talk with Mitt Romney to discuss Romney's ideas for improving the economy. I think this is a true sign of great leadership. Obama shows he is open to ALL ideas from both sides of the isle.

Obama also praised Romney for his work in the Olympics.

Obama also mentioned he wanted to hear ideas from both Republicans and Democrats to deal with the Bush tax cuts, which are set to expire in January.

Below is a video of the conference on YouTube streamed from The White House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_JTKkSjt4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Good job, Mr President.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
I love when people talk about bi partisanship being a good thing in our current environment.
Mish mashing all the bad policies Democrats and Republicans have inundated our nation with over the last 2 decades does not instill confidence.

It is time for Americans to look for different ideas not a mix of old bad ideas.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Mitt "I know how to grow the economy" Romney knows as much about improving the economy as John "I know how to get Osama Bin Laden" McCain knew about capturing Osama dead or alive.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM

691 posts, read 771,078 times
Obama became angry and petulant again. He skirted questions and bloviated about unimportant stuff and the reporters let him get away with it.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I think itsd sunk in that he is president;not Geporge Bush finally.He has a mssive problem of a long enemies list and its sunk in that the mid term and this election isn't 2008 and elections have consequences as he said.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I love how he Alinskied the Susan Rice question. He blamed the questioner. "How dare you do that to that poor little helpless female, little Miss Susie."

God, I despise that. And lefties slurp it right up. And don't see that it's 0bama himself who hates women and thinks they can't do a single thing by themselves. Gotta send in the Government Militia to help the poor little things.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I love how he Alinskied the Susan Rice question. He blamed the questioner. "How dare you do that to that poor little helpless female, little Miss Susie."

God, I despise that. And lefties slurp it right up. And don't see that it's 0bama himself who hates women and thinks they can't do a single thing by themselves. Gotta send in the Government Militia to help the poor little things.
The "woman in question" wasn't there to comment, so what are you talking about? Obama was speaking to the typical republican slimebag cowardice of going after the weakest target. Conservatives are basically bullies, and that's what they do. The more they are called out, the better.
Referring to women, you say "the poor little things"? You sound very much like the child Limbaugh, and it seems that you have woman issues as well. Pathetic - but typically conservative. You righties love women of course - in their place.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:09 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
Obama wants to implement Romney's 'sketchy deal'?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I think the only hope how to avoid the cliff is Simposn-Bowles whch mnay on both sides favor. Send that to presdient and he either signs ot he doesn't. His request to duble what he has preevoiuly shows he not i on any compromaise at all. he is suhig towards the cliif ;not compromise.The senate fiance committeee was right months ago when leadership form both sides they don't like everyhtig in Smpson-Bowles nut its likely the only coprmise likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies