Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,608,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I voted for him PRECISELY because of the way he handled himself today!

I am extremely happy that he plans to speak to Romney about Romney's ideas.

It shows he is not leading with "blinders on" and is willing to hear ideas from anyone and everyone, even his opponents.

Presidents aren't supposed to have all the answers themselves. That's what Presidential advisers are for.

It is a President's job to make decisions based on the advice they are given.

And you believe that? He won't speak to anyone....ever heard of the term "predict future behavior by past behavior?"

You cannot be this naive...I watched it and it was the same bullsh** he still has not done a thing to help this economy...and it will be four more years of gridlock because it's my way or the highway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,969,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
He had Simpson/Bowles to put forth a plan and ignored it. What makes you think he is going to listen to anyone else if he does not even listen to his own experts? He put forth an entire health plan behind closed doors. I know you have your rose colored glasses on concerning your great leader; but every once in a while even you need to engage your brain. The only reason this man ever listens is so he can turn around and tell the other person they have it wrong and he knows better than they do. I heard that today when he was talking about Rice.

We voted on a president, not a dictator.
Obama DIDN'T ignore Simpson/Bowles. He just didn't support the entire plan.

He even used ideas from the plan in his own proposal.

Try reading THE FACTS about Simpson/Bowles:

Fact Check: Paul Ryan misleads on debt panel's spending cut plan - CNN.com

Quote:
Bowles and Simpson proposed a sweeping program of spending cuts and a radical overhaul of the U.S. tax code, aimed at cutting projected budget deficits by a total of $4 trillion by 2020. The plan included changes to Social Security and substantial cuts in defense and discretionary spending.
But for their proposal to be adopted as official recommendations to Congress, the Bowles-Simpson commission needed 14 of the 18 votes. It failed on an 11-7 vote, with four Democrats and three Republicans, including Ryan, voting no.
Even Paul Ryan, who was on the commission, voted against the plan.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Mitt "I know how to grow the economy" Romney knows as much about improving the economy as John "I know how to get Osama Bin Laden" McCain knew about capturing Osama dead or alive.
Mitt knows how to grow the economy. Obama is clueless. If Obama knew how to grow the economy (if he wanted to, which is a big question), he would have been successful in his first term.

In fact, Obama's disastrous first term shows he has no clue. He squandered billions on useless programs and payouts to companies that failed (payback to donors). He threw away many more millions increasing welfare rolls, while eliminating work requirements of a very successful Welfare Reform Act from the Clinton years (largely to the credit of Republicans, not Bill Clinton).

Mitt Romney should shun any requests from this President. Why should he sully his good name?

If Obama fails again, and he will, it will be to the discredit of Democrats and liberalism.

We only hope that we (conservatives) can resurrect America from the ashes and restore liberty and freedom for future generations. As of now, America and the freedom of all mankind is in the grip of death because of this one man, "The One."

Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're a dupe. Obama has no intention of ideas from Republicans. It's his way or the highway, as always. "I won" was again the theme of this presser, the first in many months.

Obama is Piggy, from "Lord of the Flies." He is nothing but a fat bully (okay, a skinny bully).
It's attitudes like yours that cost your side the election.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Bring back Glass-Stegall! That was put in place as a safety, during the 1930's depression, to avoid what happened.

Look why it was dropped and what it caused.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Mitt knows how to grow the economy. Obama is clueless. If Obama knew how to grow the economy (if he wanted to, which is a big question), he would have been successful in his first term.

In fact, Obama's disastrous first term shows he has no clue. He squandered billions on useless programs and payouts to companies that failed (payback to donors). He threw away many more millions increasing welfare rolls, while eliminating work requirements of a very successful Welfare Reform Act from the Clinton years (largely to the credit of Republicans, not Bill Clinton).

Mitt Romney should shun any requests from this President. Why should he sully his good name?

If Obama fails again, and he will, it will be to the discredit of Democrats and liberalism.
Our economy HAS GROWN since Obama took office, just not at a rapid pace. The damage Bush left behind was not repairable in just four years!

Quote:
We only hope that we (conservatives) can resurrect America from the ashes and restore liberty and freedom for future generations. As of now, America and the freedom of all mankind is in the grip of death because of this one man, "The One."
Yes ... let's go back to the Bush era!

Hey ... let's start another war... because we know how wars help our economy!

After all ... wars create jobs. Lots of them.

I wonder if the families of those thousands of dead soldiers are happy about how Bush managed to keep unemployment below 5% for so many months?

Last edited by RD5050; 11-15-2012 at 06:10 AM..

Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,569,421 times
[quote=RD5050;26959064]Our economy HAS GROWN since Obama took office, just not at a rapid pace. The damage Bush left behind was not repairable in just four years!

If the economy has grown so much, why are we getting several percentages less interest on our savings than we did when he went in office? Our groceries have gone up about 20% probably because of so many people having more money because they use food stamps but as a retiree part of our income is interest and some accounts are down 80% in income.

I can tell you really believe in your man, but I don't share your view. Thank goodness it is only four more years unless he is impeached. I was hoping since so many voted for him he would see the error of his ways and decide to engage others into the process and do that by doing it their way since his way did not work and IT DIDN'T WORK!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM

691 posts, read 770,190 times
[quote=NCN;26961382]
Quote:
Our economy HAS GROWN since Obama took office, just not at a rapid pace. The damage Bush left behind was not repairable in just four years!

If the economy has grown so much, why are we getting several percentages less interest on our savings than we did when he went in office? Our groceries have gone up about 20% probably because of so many people having more money because they use food stamps but as a retiree part of our income is interest and some accounts are down 80% in income.

I can tell you really believe in your man, but I don't share your view. Thank goodness it is only four more years unless he is impeached. I was hoping since so many voted for him he would see the error of his ways and decide to engage others into the process and do that by doing it their way since his way did not work and IT DIDN'T WORK!

What damage did Bush do????? The economy under Bush was doing FINE until the Demcrats took over the Congress in 2008.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,307,873 times
Quote:
President Obama just held his first press conference since being re-elected.
That was an astonishing press conference. The media really does strap on their knee-pads for this guy.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

Government getting smaller, private sector growing faster:
Government Is Getting Smaller in the U.S. - Off the Charts - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Of the administrations shown, overall growth in Mr. Obama’s first three years has been the slowest. But that is largely because government spending did not accelerate as it normally does when the private sector is weak. The private sector grew faster in the first three years of the Obama administration than it did in three of the previous five administrations — the exception being Bill Clinton’s administrations, when private sector growth was more rapid. In both of George W. Bush’s terms as well as in the first three years of the George H. W. Bush administration, though, the private sector grew more slowly.
Perhaps you should stop getting your news from Fox?
Fox Denies Economic Growth Under President Obama | Research | Media Matters for America
Reality: Economy, Private-Sector Jobs Are Up Under Obama

Quote:
Bureau Of Economic Analysis: GDP Up 7.1 Percent, $905.2 Billion During Obama Administration; Consistent Positive Growth Every Quarter For Over Three Years.

Bureau Of Labor Statistics: Private-Sector Jobs Up 759,000 Since Obama Took Office, 3.8 Million Since Recession Ended; Growing For 32 Consecutive Months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies