Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the anti-American conservative calls for secession?
Yes, the election didn't go my way so the United States should be broken up. 15 18.07%
No, I stand by my flag and my country. I believe in the United States of America. 68 81.93%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbia752 View Post
The extreme right is showing their true colors with all this secession business. All these "Pro America" patriots are being exposed as a bunch of traitors and white supremacists. The truth is when these people say they're "Pro America" it's really just code for "Pro White" and they just hate that a black man is President and that America is growing more diverse. These people make me sick.
obama is half white, so get over the race thing.

as ron paul said about the DESIRE for secession:

Well, they don’t know their history very well because if they think about it, it’s an American tradition. It’s very American to talk about secession. That’s how we came into being. Thirteen colonies seceded from the British and established a new country, so secession is very much an American principle.

What about all the strong endorsements we have given over the past decade or two of those republics that seceded from the Soviet system? We were delighted with this. We never said, “Oh no. Secession is treasonous”.

No. Secession is a good principle. Just think of the benefits that would have come over these last 230-some years if the principle of secession had existed. That means the federal government would always have been restrained, not to overburden the states with too much federalism, too many federal rules and regulations.

But since that was all wiped out with the Civil War, the federal government has grown by leaps and bounds and we have suffered the consequences, and we need to reconsider this. It’s not un-American to think about the possibility of secession. This is something that’s voluntary. We came together voluntarily. A free society means you can dissolve it voluntarily. That was the whole issue was about.

Just remember one of the reasons that Wilson drove us in unnecessarily into World War I. He talked about what we have to give, have every country in the world the benefit of self-determination, a good principle. Of course, I don’t think he really believed that. But self-determination is a good principle. It’s a very American principle, so to me it’s a shame that we can’t discuss this. (end quote)

seems like the fascists would even close dialogue down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times
It did used to be taught at West Point that the States had a right to secede.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:55 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
It's really too bad. Secession could actually kick start the economies of both countries formed. Think about the real estate boom in both countries as people move to stay with their belief system. This would cause a housing boom WRT existing house sales. Moving companies would also have a boom. It may be just what the doctor ordered. Companies would be hiring to replace workers (the only time you can really negotiate wages is at hire in). AND the icing on the cake, we'd get to see who really had the best ideas. I say go for it.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
blah blah blah my mommy doesnt love me blah blah blah

My suggestion to these un-American people calling for secession is, why don't you just grab your passport and leave the USA? I hear Saudi Arabia is a paradise for conservatives. Feel free to go there or any other country that meets your criteria. Why do you think America belongs to you? America is a democracy. The majority of the American people voted to give Obama 4 more years in office. If you can't live with that just leave. It's as simple as that. America will go on without you.

why are you so Unamerican ?
there is nothing more American than peacefully protesting our Government, maybe YOU should leave the country if you dont like it ?

p.s.
America is not a Democracy, we're a Republic.
Spend more time reading and less time sitting in your beanbag chair eating cheetoes

Old 11-15-2012, 08:25 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Republican Governors in Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, and other states have come out strongly against anti-American calls for secession from disaffected conservatives bruised by another crushing election defeat to Obama.

Residents In More Than 40 States File Secession Petitions, GOP Governors Say No

My suggestion to these un-American people calling for secession is, why don't you just grab your passport and leave the USA? I hear Saudi Arabia is a paradise for conservatives. Feel free to go there or any other country that meets your criteria. Why do you think America belongs to you? America is a democracy. The majority of the American people voted to give Obama 4 more years in office. If you can't live with that just leave. It's as simple as that. America will go on without you.

I would rather return to a republican form of goverment that we are supposed to be in the 1st place. something that neither the democrat nor republican parties want to give the citizens they are supposed to be serving.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
well, as a conservative i disagree with you.

people STILL HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR FRUSTRATION over policies which are going to destroy things for future generations.

i feel sorry for the high school kids now, as they are going to have a different america than i had when i was in school.

obama can't stop spending, and we are going to default on our debt unless he can get his act together-but i seriously doubt it. the americans who struggled (like my father) working every single day of his life deserved better than this drunken no-accountability spending spree that this government has embarked on, and the sad americans who would cheat THEIR OWN CHILDREN.

they are like j. wellington wimpy from popeye-give me my burger today and put it on my tab.

ron paul totally nails it, as always:
The Fed Undermines Foreign Policy

oh, and now the federal reserve stealing houses too with printed money, the corzine "don't know what happened to the money" fraud, the benghazi cover-up (of whatever the heck happened), and DEGRADING the currency that some people WORK very hard to earn.

it is a disgrace, and people have a right to be angry.

so, if they want to talk secession god bless em, because at least they are still awake-unlike half of the somnolent population which really doesn't even care what happens anymore.
I agree with everything you said right up to "so if they want to talk secession".

No. they dont get to talk traitor. they need to join us and finding a way to win this argument. Right now we are losing and we dont need morons tossing fuel on the fire.

we need solid conservatives joining together to explain why all this gimmestuff liberalism is horrible not just for us but for generations to come.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Those conservative Govs know that their states have their lips firmly wrapped around the govt teat. They talk a lot of crap but their new countries would be third world without those federal $$$.

Prime example: C. Christie of NJ. Obama was the devil until half the Jersey shore got washed away. Now, they are the best of friends and he even stood up his bff on Obama's behalf because he wanted no impediments to accessing govt funds. Spare me.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 AM

620 posts, read 1,746,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
well, as a conservative i disagree with you.

people STILL HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR FRUSTRATION over policies which are going to destroy things for future generations.

i feel sorry for the high school kids now, as they are going to have a different america than i had when i was in school.

obama can't stop spending, and we are going to default on our debt unless he can get his act together-but i seriously doubt it. the americans who struggled (like my father) working every single day of his life deserved better than this drunken no-accountability spending spree that this government has embarked on, and the sad americans who would cheat THEIR OWN CHILDREN.

they are like j. wellington wimpy from popeye-give me my burger today and put it on my tab.

ron paul totally nails it, as always:
The Fed Undermines Foreign Policy

oh, and now the federal reserve stealing houses too with printed money, the corzine "don't know what happened to the money" fraud, the benghazi cover-up (of whatever the heck happened), and DEGRADING the currency that some people WORK very hard to earn.

it is a disgrace, and people have a right to be angry.

so, if they want to talk secession god bless em, because at least they are still awake-unlike half of the somnolent population which really doesn't even care what happens anymore.
This is not based in reality. In truth republican administrations increase spending and increase the deficit more than the democrats. Reagan did it, Bush I did it and Bush II did it. Mittens would have done the same. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and face reality. You are so gullible to fall for their lies. Show me one instance in the last 40 years where a republican administration cut spending and decreased the deficit.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So does this mean I need my passport to go to Texas?
Why in God's name would you want to go there???

Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 AM

414 posts, read 344,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbia752 View Post
The extreme right is showing their true colors with all this secession business. All these "Pro America" patriots are being exposed as a bunch of traitors and white supremacists. The truth is when these people say they're "Pro America" it's really just code for "Pro White" and they just hate that a black man is President and that America is growing more diverse. These people make me sick.
There is nothing wrong with being proud of your race and heritage, especially when it has been successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies