Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,362 times

Advertisements

The market has lost almost 700 points since the election of Obama...I guess the markets have a lot faith in our dear Marxist leader...

Wall Street Pounded, Nasdaq Hits Correction Territory | Fox Business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
The market has lost almost 700 points since the election of Obama...I guess the markets have a lot faith in our dear Marxist leader...

Poor Wall St fatcats- will not see their 7 figure bonuses go up this year.

You understand Wall st is afraid the resolution of the fiscal cliff will hurt their bottom lines right?

Wall St needs debt out there. The more debt the more they can move funny money around in their perpetual shell game. All the while creating not a single thing.

Why do you think they loved all the mortgage debt people took on during the housing boom?

They knew it would blow up at some point - they also knew good the Good Ole US Treasury would be there with gobs of taxpayer dollars to keep them from extinction.

Its time to stregnthen our dollar- erase the deficit and pay down the debt!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post

The market has gained over 4600 points since the election of Obama in 2008.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Wall street took Joe Blow's debt and sold it who knows how many times and when Joe Blow couldn't make the payment uncle sam did however many times they sold it to make em whole. Meanwhile Joe Blow lives in a box now and nobody cares. These crooks in DC should be frog marched to jail every one of em.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM

420 posts, read 335,148 times
You may want to rethink that theory. The Dow has nearly doubled since Obama took office.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
The market has gained over 4600 points since the election of Obama in 2008.
And will gain even more during his second term I might add. Investors are jittery over Republican efforts in the House to continue obstructing and sabotaging the President for political gain. After all, it was Republican obstructionism that caused our credit rating to be downgraded the other day.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Poor Wall St fatcats- will not see their 7 figure bonuses go up this year.

You understand Wall st is afraid the resolution of the fiscal cliff will hurt their bottom lines right?

Wall St needs debt out there. The more debt the more they can move funny money around in their perpetual shell game. All the while creating not a single thing.

Why do you think they loved all the mortgage debt people took on during the housing boom?

They knew it would blow up at some point - they also knew good the Good Ole US Treasury would be there with gobs of taxpayer dollars to keep them from extinction.

Its time to stregnthen our dollar- erase the deficit and pay down the debt!
Why not ? The investment banks make just as much money selling stocks as they do buying.
They don't actually own shares of companies in the DOW. They buy and sell.
They make money both ways.

Did you know that if you want to do a wash to take the loss but want to buy back you have to wait 30 days between the sale and the purchase otherwise the loss cannot count for the current tax year ?

November and December are the typical months when people cash out their gains and losses for tax purposes.

Add the threat of the Obama cuts expiring and that sends more selling.

Add the Obamacare taxes coming next year and that sends more selling.

This is no "Message to America" regarding Obama.

This is just people taking care of their money.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You may want to rethink that theory. The Dow has doubled since Obama took office.
Thats because the Marxist held back to an extent his radical agenda to get a second term...

Remind me about the markets in 2016...and we shall see then if they doubled in the positive or negative...

Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM

420 posts, read 335,148 times
Too funny. Why stop at Marxist? Why not call him Satan? Do you have any clue what Marxism is? I'll give you a hint. I still own my home, car and Road King. Anything ring a bell?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Too funny. Why stop at Marxist? Why not call him Satan? Do you have any clue what Marxism is? I'll give you a hint. I still own my home, car and Road King. Anything ring a bell?
Don't be so confident...His mentor was Frank Marshall an avowed communist!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies