Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

Chill out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
EDIT "Shills" People it was a typo! Goodness gracious.

In the week since the election, we've had a pretty noticeable bunch of new posters arrive, all parroting the Right Wing Talking Point of the Day.

Folks with 20 or 40 total posts, all posting in the same exact style, all with a link to questionable source and a "I can't believe Obama is ... " declaration of some sort.

Why can't C-D weed out these obvious plants?

And yes, this applies to BOTH left and right.
It's just the way things flow. After the 2010 elections, after a presidential election, we get new people, but most of them go back to what they were doing in a month or so.

You didn't notice all the liberal posts once the presidential general election started?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I would also suggest that there are a number of anti-Obama regulars who have disappeared post election and may have found it more palpable to return in another guise to avoid the well deserved ridicule.
I second that.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Absolutely there are. There's one person on this site that I'm 100% certain is one of them. Haven't seen that person since the election, either... That person is/was an Obama supporter, btw.

The thing is, you're claiming that people are showing up AFTER the election, and posting messages intended to.... do what, exactly? Sway voters? Your theory fails the logic test, and that's the very first thing you should have noticed, before you even typed the first letter of the post.

Nine thousand and whatever posts, and you're claiming that I'm a newbie shill? LOL - that's a first. I've been accused of being a shill before - even a shill for the "radical leftist Obama agenda," which is absolutely hysterical (that one was from a super-duper-die-hard conspiracy theorist), but lumping me in with the new posters you're complaining about? Wow. Loosen up the tin-foil, dude. Better add another layer, too, just to be safe... Make it three layers - you can't be too careful, and I just bought another bunch of shares in Alcoa...
Doesn't have to be a political party, since they seem to parrot the Rush/Beck/Breibert stuff, it could be them. Could be anyone with an agenda. [added with edit:] There is always a message to push for somebody, regardless of how far off an election is.

I wasn't calling you (swagger) a newbie shill at all, I was talking to SouthernFreeSpirit at that time, and referring to other new posters with very low post counts and very similar posting style of very similar political ideologies.

And I'm still not a tin foil dude. :P

Old 11-14-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's just the way things flow. After the 2010 elections, after a presidential election, we get new people, but most of them go back to what they were doing in a month or so.

You didn't notice all the liberal posts once the presidential general election started?
sure, but those came from the same liberal posters who have always been here for the most part.

The posts I'm noticing lately are coming from brand new posters and share a writing and content style that I found interesting.

Clearly I should have never bothered to start this thread. Point taken everyone.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Yeah, this has gone exactly as I should have expected it to. Carry on.
Yeah so what's you other sock puppet name?

1,137 posts, read 875,050 times

1,000 posts in all this time? Waugh!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah so what's you other sock puppet name?

1,137 posts, read 875,050 times

1,000 posts in all this time? Waugh!
I've always been me.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Unlike you lib posters parroting everything on MSNBC, progressive radio, MoveOn and the editorial boards of the LAT, NYT and WaPo.

It goes both ways dude.
strange how the lib babblers will bring up fox news on virtually every topic. no matter how little it has to do with fox news.

FNDS, the leftard plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies