Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,425,086 times

Advertisements

They also decided that the leader of these lunatics,Rev. Phelps,is a Democrat. At least in FOX nation he is. Even if he is,it`s not relative to the story.
Fox Calls Westboro Baptist Church A 'Left-Wing Cult' - NewsHounds

Old 12-26-2012, 04:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,218,224 times
We'll only see a story like this from Faux News.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
We'll only see a story like this from Faux News.
Yup. We distort...you decide.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 AM

10,815 posts, read 14,883,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They also decided that the leader of these lunatics,Rev. Phelps,is a Democrat. At least in FOX nation he is. Even if he is,it`s not relative to the story.
"They also decided"?

Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Democratic Party

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[30] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[31] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[32][33] and 1997.[34]

Support for Al Gore

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.
[34] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm". Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[35] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[3]
The truth of it is Fred Phelps has always been a big time democrat supporting the likes of Al Gore.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:58 AM

20,103 posts, read 16,061,878 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
"They also decided"?

Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Democratic Party

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[30] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[31] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[32][33] and 1997.[34]

Support for Al Gore

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.[34] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm". Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[35] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[3]
The truth of it is Fred Phelps has always been a big time democrat supporting the likes of Al Gore.
Gosh, the truth can be so darn inconvenient, can't it?

Old 12-26-2012, 05:04 AM

Do you think he voted for Obama? Most people see the Westboro church and the GOP for what they are. Haters.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Do you think he voted for Obama? Most people see the Westboro church and the GOP for what they are. Haters.
I have no clue. Your original assertion was that FOX news claiming he was a Democrat was yet another obvious example of how they distorted the news, no?

Yes, Phelps and company are haters. Some of the worst I have ever seen. I don't blame you or the Democratic Party for not wanting to claim them. Their views are contrary to what you and most Democrats believe, and that they are a member of the party, let alone a former candidate, is an embarrassment. You wish there was some mechanism to kick them out of the party and all association with them erased..... just like most Republicans feel about Akins and some members of the Tea Party. Perhaps you ought to think about that next time before you paint all Republicans with the "haters" brush.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have no clue. Your original assertion was that FOX news claiming he was a Democrat was yet another obvious example of how they distorted the news, no?

Yes, Phelps and company are haters. Some of the worst I have ever seen. I don't blame you or any Democrat for not wanting to claim them. Their views are contrary to what you and most Democrats believe, and that they are a member of the party, let alone a former candidate, is an embarrassment. You wish there was some mechanism to kick them out of the party and all association with them erased..... just like most Republicans felt about Akins and some members of the Tea Party. Perhaps you ought to think about that next time before you paint all Republicans with the "haters" brush.
Would you say that Westboro is a left wing cult as FOX asserted? I believe this is the part where we`ll be told that Lincoln and MLK were republicans. Never fails.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Would you say that Westboro is a left wing cult as FOX asserted? I believe this is the part where we`ll be told that Lincoln and MLK were republicans. Never fails.
No, I would not classify them as a left wing cult, I'd classify them as a group of right wing nutjobs and suppose cult is the right description. I do find Phelps membership in the Democratic Party and his support of Gore baffling. I am not so biased or partisan that I can't see or admit the obvious.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,060,664 times
Quote:
He might have been at one point, but if there's something that Republicans and Democrats agree on, it's condemning the Fred Phelps and his disgusting ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies