Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

Boo-freakin-hoo. Your guy lost, get the hell over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 AM

724 posts, read 593,446 times
Man, I need my sunglasses, the tin-foil hats are causing a lot of glare around here. I love how everyone is saying that the "states" are proposing to succeed, as if it were a state government sanctioned action and not the hurumphing of a few angry old white guys.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Man, I need my sunglasses, the tin-foil hats are causing a lot of glare around here. I love how everyone is saying that the "states" are proposing to succeed, as if it were a state government sanctioned action and not the hurumphing of a few angry old white guys.
The will of the people.

You guys have no understanding of what that means - you see everything from your own view -- blind following of a leader. We're talking something more like democracy, people-rule.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Romney basically tied Obama in the popular vote & was at one point whooping the crap out of him.

Not a single vote for Romney in several precincts in Pennsylvania & in Ohio?

Sounds like a case of voter fraud to me.

Romney Won Zero Votes In 9 Cleveland Precints, 59 Philadelphia Precincts | TheBlaze.com
Meaningless

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
3 million votes is a landslide? Not exactly. That's less than 1% of the population.
Yea. Landslide. What you'd call it had Romney won by the same amount.

Quote:
Wrong. Apathy won in this election -- look how many fewer votes Obama got in 2012 than he had in 2008 and that was with a very marked increase in total population and his major pandering to the illegals for their votes.

It really comes down to many fewer than 3 million -- because of the electoral votes and the so-called swing states. It's only the voters in those swing states that got him elected -- and some of those were quite close.

With all the damage Obama is doing to the economy and how little he cares about the American people, the midterm elections may be interesting. The welfare crowd obviously believes that spending can just keep going up and up and up and Obama can destroy the taxpaying class and all will be great.
Apathy, huh? The sad thing is how you're twisting it. Obama got less votes....FAR LESS votes than he got in 2008, with a poor economy, and he still TROUNCED Romney, and did so in easy fashion. Romney wasn't even in the game.

Then, you start with the "welfare crowd" stuff again. SMH...

And of course, that's the same kind of talk that got you guys in trouble in this election to begin with. But you guys just can't help yourselves.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
The will of the people.

You guys have no understanding of what that means - you see everything from your own view -- blind following of a leader. We're talking something more like democracy, people-rule.
Oh, you mean like how MORE people voted for the President than for Mr. Romney. That kind of "people-rule?"

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,653,809 times
Quote:
3 million votes is a landslide? Not exactly. That's less than 1% of the population.

If you don't vote in an election, your opinion quite literally doesn't count. You've left it to the actual voters to make your decision for you.

So if someone didn't vote, for whatever reason, they do not count as part of the voting population, and they can not used to pad population numbers to artificially narrow the margin of victory for a winning candidate.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
The will of the people.

More like the will of the sore losers. I think this is just as funny as the "other side" declaring they're moving to Canada after their guy lost.

Grow up, folks, Obama won, there was no "voter suppression" on his side, Mittens lost both the popular and electoral vote. You just can't get your immature little heads around that fact, can you?

This kind of RW nuttery is what's screwing up the GOP.

So very sad, and so very funny.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, you mean like how MORE people voted for the President than for Mr. Romney. That kind of "people-rule?"

You're just going to give him a headache.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
This has got to be the most embarassing moment ever in the history of US presidents.

Residents In All 50 States File Petitions To Secede From United States
I'd say it's more the most embarrassing moment in the history of the GOP. I've never so many tantrums thrown in my life.

So what political party do you think most of these petition starters belong to? Who are wasting our time with this nonsense?

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
The will of the people.

Why are all you red-staters still here typing on your laptops?? Don't you have a new government to plan and bunkers to build?

So typical. All talk - no action.

I'm not holding my breath for your guys to leave but it sure would be a refreshing change.

Buh-bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies