Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 07:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
How nice your digging up the usual saying from someone who knows nothing, Here's a thought if you use a credit card that is all paid off why don't you send a check into the credit card company and see what happens ? Of course no one is just going to send a check into the irs. first they wouldn't take it, and second who would you make it out to ?? Imagine just sending a letter to a company but to no one specifically, now just imagine it's a large corporation say AT&T would you make the check out to AT&T or would you make it out to a specific person. This is how idiotic your idea truly is
US Treasury

They will accept it.

Even if they didn't, these unprincipled knuckleheads could simply fire their teams of accountants and stop claiming deductions (or, as your leftie braindead have come to know it, "loopholes").....but they won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The rich have the money to afford the best tax advisors.
They probably know more than you do about sheltering your wealth from increased taxes.
Then since they aren't going Galt these smart tax advisers are telling them that it is better to make a profit and pay taxes on it then not to make a profit.

Quote:
People, do you realize that when all is said and done, nearly 40% of your income goes to various levels of government agencies.
Most people just look at Fed Income tax but that is the tip of the iceberg.

And this goes for the peons as well as the rich.
So? If we want a government that protects, if we want a government that educates our children, if we want a government that provides Social Security and Medicare, if we want a government that has police and firemen etc., etc., it costs money.

I can't speak for you, but I don't want to revert to a state of nature where we have no taxes but no organized society either. If you disagree, go do a Ted Kaczynski, and live in the woods.

You know, paying taxes isn't the worst thing in the world.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:49 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
What! They must have a secret union. lol

Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Going Galt is not leaving the country. It's removing yourself from the system as much as you can.
You don't have to be rich to go Galt either.

But it seems some of you don't get it. You quote tax rates and foreign countries, etc.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Then since they aren't going Galt these smart tax advisers are telling them that it is better to make a profit and pay taxes on it then not to make a profit.

So? If we want a government that protects, if we want a government that educates our children, if we want a government that provides Social Security and Medicare, if we want a government that has police and firemen etc., etc., it costs money.

I can't speak for you, but I don't want to revert to a state of nature where we have no taxes but no organized society either. If you disagree, go do a Ted Kaczynski, and live in the woods.

You know, paying taxes isn't the worst thing in the world.
You can't live beyond your means forever. And that is the path the US is going down.
You want the government to do all this stuff and they are spending more than they take in and don't cut anything.

They cry for more taxes and dole out billions in worthless government studies.

I wouldn't mind more taxes if the government actually cared about how they spend the money.
But they don't..they spend and then they "need more money".

Old 11-22-2012, 08:18 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Have a friend who is seriously considering downsizing his business. He says, and I agree, it is just not worth it. I had already made a decision to close my little doors at the end of 2013. Will stay on course with that. Son works for a company that the older owner is considering closing. A client is shedding employees to get below fifty. None of this is anecdotal, nor heresay. Just too much of everything required to be profitable in this time.

Waves of productivity is headed for the exits. Partly an age thing, partly not. We'll see how when fairness, restrictive labor laws and rules, workers rights, spreading the wealth, and anti-capitalist sentiment dominate, with much less productivity in the economy, things work out.

I believe, "Hello Southern Europe. Here we come."

Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Pay if foreward? The only ones they need to pay it foreward to are their children not yours. Go make your own wealth. It is YOU who are the greedy one.
What is with the incessant whining? Its nothing but constant crying and sniffling and blubbering. Its a free country. Go, stay do what you like. Nobody cares. If you want to move, move.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:41 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
My inlaws are in Texas as we "speak" looking for property doing just that. They live in Florida some of the year, bought a place and a hotel in a small city in Montana, spend part of their time there, and are looking north of San Antonio now. Texas just seems to sustain itself.

Quote:
Going Galt is not leaving the country. It's removing yourself from the system as much as you can.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:05 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
My inlaws are in Texas as we "speak" looking for property doing just that. They live in Florida some of the year, bought a place and a hotel in a small city in Montana, spend part of their time there, and are looking north of San Antonio now. Texas just seems to sustain itself.
If they take out a mortgage they are not leaving the system. That is the system.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
They own all their properties. They pay cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If they take out a mortgage they are not leaving the system. That is the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies