Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM

25,706 posts, read 18,781,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's what must be done.

Other nations are at a distinct advantage in manufacturing businesses, because healthcare costs (especially long term costs for retired workers) are not part of the bottom line.

Canada, Japan, Germany, etc.... socialized medicine.
And Spain, Greece, Italy, and Ireland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Really? On the customers tab these things are itemized?

I've never seen it at any restaurants around here...

I was under the impression that the tab would have a 5% surcharge added as a line item, you know, to rub it into peoples' faces.

Coffee $2.00
Doughnut $1.50
Tax $0.25
Affordable Healthcare Act Surcharge $0.18
Total $3.93
Not on the customers' tabs! On the books. On the books.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,132,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I always thought that I worked a job for wages. Either those wages were acceptable or not. If they were not, I found something else that was. Somewhere along the line, this grand nation of such independent thinkers got the idea that an employer is supposed to wipe his employees' asses for them, and coddle them like the good fairy.

I don't have insurance. I've rarely been provided it by employers. And I've never expected it from them. I work for a wage. My employer is not my mommy and daddy. What I hope is that every employer in the United States cuts working hours to 20 per week. I wonder how loud the spoiled little babies would start crying about that? That's what happens sooner or latter when you twist somebody's arm and give them the finger. They give you the finger right back. As for this employer, I say way to go.
Got a spouse, kids, no? If not, move along and stay healthy because make no mistake one day your health is going to fail and you will become a burden to someone else.

Heads up, millions work for a wage and benefits.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You are ignoring the cost/penalty factor.
What cost/penalty factor?

It's a restaurant. How many employees does he have? If he has less than fifty employees, he has no obligation/zero obligation to provide insurance for his employees, and he pays no penalty/zero penalty/nothing, nada, zilch for not providing insurance for his employees.

10 Questions Every Small Business Owner Should Ask about Health Care Reform

He may have to fill out a little extra paperwork. That doesn't equate to a 5% surcharge on the prices he charges customers.

He's lying in order to line his own pockets.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Crybabies. My Kleenex stock is skyrocketing.Those who have health insurance don`t care about those who don`t.Nothing new here just typical republican greed and selfishness.
Those that have nothing, for the most part, did nothing to deserve anything. The technical term for your pals is "FREELOADER". Go get a job and stop mooching from the working people.
Save you large stock of Kleenex for obama and yourself, you are the ones who will need it...............

Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
But that's entirely the point. Businesses don't generally advertise why they are raising prices, they just do it. (There are some exceptions I've seen, like gas prices for example, to be fair).

This seems like nothing more than boo hoo whining - especially seeing as the only ones that are losing out here are his employees - and his customers, for whom he's charging a surcharge of 5% for the AFCA that he's not choosing to partake of.

7,923 posts, read 8,844,483 times
Florida restaurant owner adding surcharge on menu for Obamacare ...........
WOW..... Greed coming before their hard working employees............. why am i not suprised.
Obamacare hasn't even been fully implemented yet but these greedy employees know how it will affect them?
Nah they just need another excuse to screw their employees and customers.

25,706 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Got a spouse, kids, no? If not, move along and stay healthy because make no mistake one day your health is going to fail and you will become a burden to someone else.

Heads up, millions work for a wage and benefits.
Unlike most in this nation, I don't believe that I'm going to live forever. When my health fails, I die. Pretty simple concept.

Do your "benefits" include a free tushy wiping?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Which set?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Not that I ever patronized liberal/Obama-hating establishments like Denny's, Papa John's, Applebee's, or Chick-Fil-A prior to all the controversy...but I certainly won't be starting now.

I prefer to do business with companies who treat their employees well, though that list seems to be getting smaller by the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies