Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

For about 96% of the businesses out there-- who the president is has about ZERO effect on your business.

"Job Creators" (ahem) who are using Obama's re-election as a pretense to lay people off are either:

(A) Slimeballs who care more about political ideology than their employee's (and company's) well-being

or

(B) Captaining a ship that was failing to being with -- and this is just a good subtext to lighten payroll and blame someone other than themselves.

I own a technical publishing company. You know what I would have done differently if Romney won? Nothing. See, I focus on growing my business. Y'know stuff like training employees, supervision, retention, policy, sales, marketing, analytics-- the stuff that real business owners care about.

For these tough right-wing capitalists who see an election as a obstacle to their success-- Get over yourself. Focus on doing business, because the economy and the President are going to do what they're going to do. If you think so little of your business skills that you think Obama is going to destroy your business-- Perhaps a nice, safe job with the Federal Government is truly more your speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
For about 96% of the businesses out there-- who the president is has about ZERO effect on your business.

"Job Creators" (ahem) who are using Obama's re-election as a pretense to lay people off are either:

(A) Slimeballs who care more about political ideology than their employee's (and company's) well-being

or

(B) Captaining a ship that was failing to being with -- and this is just a good subtext to lighten payroll and blame someone other than themselves.

I own a technical publishing company. You know what I would have done differently if Romney won? Nothing. See, I focus on growing my business. Y'know stuff like training employees, supervision, retention, policy, sales, marketing, analytics-- the stuff that real business owners care about.

For these tough right-wing capitalists who see an election as a obstacle to their success-- Get over yourself. Focus on doing business, because the economy and the President are going to do what they're going to do. If you think so little of your business skills that you think Obama is going to destroy your business-- Perhaps a nice, safe job with the Federal Government is truly more your speed.
So... all those claims from the left side of the aisle that Obama's policies are creating jobs are a bunch of hot air? Cool, glad we're on the same page.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:00 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:

or

You are not looking at the whole picture. Dangling fiscal tax cliff in front of the nation every 2 years is destroying jobs. Signing 0bamaCare with hundreds of fill-in-the-blank federal mandates, does destroy jobs. Have his EPA run around creating thousands of new regulations does destroy jobs. 0bama is a wrecking ball, causing instability wherever he goes.

Businesses cannot draw up a five year plan because they don't know from one month to the next, what their tax liability, employee heath care liability, or their regulatory liability will be.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So... all those claims from the left side of the aisle that Obama's policies are creating jobs are a bunch of hot air? Cool, glad we're on the same page.
The trend has been that jobs are being created. I don't think the president has much control over it, do you? Whether jobs are created or lost overall in the economy is likely based on tens of thousands of individual factors. I don't wear partisan blinders-- so, I would say, jobs are being created. That's good. I certainly wouldn't give full credit to any one factor-- or full blame when jobs are lost.

There needs to be balance between the needs of business and growth and protection of people in the middle class and the poor...

Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are not looking at the whole picture. Dangling fiscal tax cliff in front of the nation every 2 years is destroying jobs. Signing 0bamaCare with hundreds of fill-in-the-blank federal mandates, does destroy jobs. Have his EPA run around creating thousands of new regulations does destroy jobs. 0bama is a wrecking ball, causing instability wherever he goes.

Businesses cannot draw up a five year plan because they don't know from one month to the next, what their tax liability, employee heath care liability, or their regulatory liability will be.
Both sides are to blame for "dangling the fiscal cliff," which unless we fall off and the world stops buying programming courses from me, has ZERO effect on my business.

Since my business is under 50 people, Obamacare doesn't effect me... and if it did, I would gladly participate in programs that would allow my employees to get affordable health insurance. Insurance companies consider me, as a cancer survivor, uninsurable-- so I get my insurance through the State of Connecticut's pre-existing conditions program. But in the end, it behooves me to have healthy employees.

EPA regulations effect a very, very small percentage of business-- and again-- balance is the key. There needs to be a balance between business needs and protecting our environment so our grandchildren are able to breathe the air and drink the water. Climate change aside, I think we can agree that pollution is bad and some companies left unchecked would pollute the air water and soil beyond reason.

Finally, there is always uncertainty, volatility and change. Pretending that it is unique to these times or this administration is disingenuous political hackery. I have a five year plan, and the agility to change it if needed. I bet a lot of companies had 5 year plans that went out the window on September 12, 2001... Every business should plan... No one can predict what will happen in the future. Good managers anticipate and manage change...

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Both sides are to blame for "dangling the fiscal cliff," which unless we fall off and the world stops buying programming courses from me, has ZERO effect on my business.

Since my business is under 50 people, Obamacare doesn't effect me... and if it did, I would gladly participate in programs that would allow my employees to get affordable health insurance. Insurance companies consider me, as a cancer survivor, uninsurable-- so I get my insurance through the State of Connecticut's pre-existing conditions program. But in the end, it behooves me to have healthy employees.

EPA regulations effect a very, very small percentage of business-- and again-- balance is the key. There needs to be a balance between business needs and protecting our environment so our grandchildren are able to breathe the air and drink the water. Climate change aside, I think we can agree that pollution is bad and some companies left unchecked would pollute the air water and soil beyond reason.

Finally, there is always uncertainty, volatility and change. Pretending that it is unique to these times or this administration is disingenuous political hackery. I have a five year plan, and the agility to change it if needed. I bet a lot of companies had 5 year plans that went out the window on September 12, 2001... Every business should plan... No one can predict what will happen in the future. Good managers anticipate and manage change...

Wow! An intelligent rebuttal that actually made sense....Congrads

Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:

Are you a subchapter S ? If so has the tax changes for next year caused you to alter your business planning ?
And those exempt are under 50 people working full time with full time being 30 hours per week.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Default Sorry, The President Just Doesn't Effect Your Business...

And an opposing Presidential candidate does?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:

or

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You are both correct.
The Presidents of the United States of America never created one job while in office.

The economic path of this country is determined in board rooms around the globe.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Presidents drive popular opinion which in turn gives lawmakers a percieved mandate to carry out the passing of laws.
look at the bobble heads who hang on his every word around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies