Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:13 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What costs? No one has even paid the damn tax yet! You don't even know why the guy us tacking this onto the bill, and so you're offering up conjecture as to why. And I'm telling you that I don't believe it...AT ALL.

And I don't expect that my credit won't take a hit, but I'm more than willing to bet that I could still get just about anything I want regardless. But no, I won't be needing any large loans anymore.
Again, this looks like a rate schedule, not a bill, it is prep for 2013 when they are paying those fees. Look at all the numbers running down the left side, they are the codes for each service in chronological order with seemingly no gaps, nobody got all of those services all in one visit and is being charged yet.

You don't need to "believe" it, its just logical and if you cant get your head around that, I really don't care because minus the words "Obamacare" this is not a political issue, the dentist has an extra $50 cost coming to provide the service, and he/she is simply preparing the billing system to handle it.

Congrats on never needing credit again, I hope that is true because if so thats awesome, we should all strive for that, we would be in MUCH better shape as individuals in this country and much less reliant on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
How many more of these lame threads will appear? Basically the same overtired argument that has been debunked over and over.

Unless this tool has 50+ employees, he will not have to buy them HC insurance. Business with 50+ employees ALWAYS had to buy HC insurance. They just need to buy AFFORDABLE HC insurance for their employees.

sheesh. Why don't you guys have a meeting and give us one big dumb Obamacare misinformation thread.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
How many more of these lame threads will appear? Basically the same overtired argument that has been debunked over and over.

Unless this tool has 50+ employees, he will not have to buy them HC insurance. Business with 50+ employees ALWAYS had to buy HC insurance. They just need to buy AFFORDABLE HC insurance for their employees.

sheesh. Why don't you guys have a meeting and give us one big dumb Obamacare misinformation thread.
Wow, strong language there. You might want to re-read the thread. It has nothing to do with him as an employer, he is charging customers for the additional expense he has to pay for supplies for his business. Essentially its an increase to his cost of goods sold that he is passing onto his customers.

Happy I could help YOU be less misinformed.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

Cool story, bro.

The 50 employee rule is not relevant in this matter. This is the increase in excise tax for braces, being passed on to the customer as should happen.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Has desertdetroiter officially donned his tin foil hat saying that the picture isn't for real or that the dentist is BSing people? Does the dentist need to pose next to the terminal with a thumbs up to prove it? Or, will it just be claimed as a photoshopped session anyway?

LOL at the h8ers. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Again, this looks like a rate schedule, not a bill, it is prep for 2013 when they are paying those fees. Look at all the numbers running down the left side, they are the codes for each service in chronological order with seemingly no gaps, nobody got all of those services all in one visit and is being charged yet.

You don't need to "believe" it, its just logical and if you cant get your head around that, I really don't care because minus the words "Obamacare" this is not a political issue, the dentist has an extra $50 cost coming to provide the service, and he/she is simply preparing the billing system to handle it.

Congrats on never needing credit again, I hope that is true because if so thats awesome, we should all strive for that, we would be in MUCH better shape as individuals in this country and much less reliant on others.
I said "large loans." A la a mortgage loan or large car loan. I don't need anymore credit cards and I have no use for a signature loan ever again. I'm old.

3,264 posts, read 5,651,760 times
Quote:
From looking at it, I don't think this is a bill though, just looks like a rate schedule, so again, its perfectly reasonable to think that this is just work being done to be ready for 1/2013.
If the linked source is to be believed, this guy is going to be adding the "Obamacare" line to his bills though.

e.g. "I will. It will be a separate fee labeled "Obamacare medical device tax" on their invoice or treatment plan."

Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I said "large loans." A la a mortgage loan or large car loan. I don't need anymore credit cards and I have no use for a signature loan ever again. I'm old.
Look, I wasn't being sarcastic...seriously a good thing, and I'm happy for you, I just used the wrong words there.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
If the linked source is to be believed, this guy is going to be adding the "Obamacare" line to his bills though.

e.g. "I will. It will be a separate fee labeled "Obamacare medical device tax" on their invoice or treatment plan."
And the problem with that is?

I mean that is as transparent as it gets, and that is something we need more of in medical billing.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
And the problem with that is?

I mean that is as transparent as it gets, and that is something we need more of in medical billing.
Yeah. Let's retroactively slap a "name" on every price increase ever...that'll teach us. This is joke/anger/my guy lost/I hate Obama stuff that is not going to be around in a year. It never is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies