Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:25 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
$50 extra for medical device. Just pass it on to patient. So much win. A gun nut dentist to boot (just to make it extra fun for the anti-gun folks here).

I too am implementing a new Obamacare tax in my business - AR15.COM

Screenshot of cost code, etc. for proof.

In before photoshopped, "probably not a dentist", "fake screenshot" conspiracy theories.

How much will he tack on for the $4 trillion Bush/Cheney oil war?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75S25320110629

Figures from a year and a half ago showed $3.7 trillion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 03:28 PM

420 posts, read 335,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
Okay..............then why is the dentist calling it Obamacare? Why doesn't the dentist just say "taxes" or call it "cost of doing business"?
I agree. "Medical device tax" would be concise and appropriate.

Virtually all my bills include some itemized tax or another, yet none include the name of a politician.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
Okay..............then why is the dentist calling it Obamacare? Why doesn't the dentist just say "taxes" or call it "cost of doing business"?
The dentist correctly identified the excise tax as Obamacare (which Obama himself calls it) because it one of the taxes included in the bill itself.

What's wrong with calling a tax by its proper name?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Love folks like you. Really do. Really, you are all talk and no walk.

You see, here is how it goes.

You refuse to pay, you get sent to a creditor. They hassle you day and night, you think you are clever and try to avoid them by changing your number and they research and call your friends, work, and family, letting them know how you can't seem to own up to your responsibilities.

You get comments from your family, friends, boss, etc.. because of this and everyone knows you are irresponsible, won't pay their bills, you know... the kind of person people whisper about being a dead weight, worthless, a draw on the system.

This goes on, and you think you have won. Then... they garnish your paycheck and your only recourse is to not work.

In the end, you have a credit rating that all but the shark business with interest rates at "you are too stupid to loan to" would offer. This is no biggie, I mean, it only results in you not being able to get a car loan, a house loan, or getting another job and even with the fact that the utility companies won't even give you service without a nice hefty deposit! You sure showed them though!

You sir, my hat goes off to your dedication to such position!
You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

All of that is gonna happen over a $50 dollar charge on a dental bill?

Please. Go eat a celery sandwich or something.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Thats pretty much exactly how it works.

Don't pay your bills and you get screwed, and deservedly so...especially if its intentional. It equates to stealing if it is intentional.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 PM

Man, this link isn't even legitimate. He posted some nonsense from someone CLAIMING to be a dentist on a forum. Anyone could've made that document up.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Thats pretty much exactly how it works.

Don't pay your bills and you get screwed, and deservedly so...especially if its intentional. It equates to stealing if it is intentional.
Nonsense. It doesn't always happen that way.

About 25 years ago, I got a 60 dollar charge-off on a Goodyear credit card, which ended up being a misunderstanding when they missed sending me a payment book. So I figured out what i thought I owed, and it turned out to be less than what I actually owed.

I didn't even find out about it until 3 years later when i applied for a car loan with Service Federal. I cleared it up with Goodyear,sent them the money, but my credit took a hit. Even still, the credit union STILL issued me the loan regardless.

So please, stop with the doomsday scenarios. It's not the same for everyone. Just because you guys don't pay your bills and catch hell, doesnt mean I'm in your situation.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Nonsense. It doesn't always happen that way.

About 25 years ago, I got a 60 dollar charge-off on a Goodyear credit card, which ended up being a misunderstanding when they missed sending me a payment book. So I figured out what i thought I owed, and it turned out to be less than what I actually owed.

I didn't even find out about it until 3 years later when i applied for a car loan with Service Federal. I cleared it up with Goodyear,sent them the money, but my credit took a hit. Even still, the credit union STILL issued me the loan regardless.

So please, stop with the doomsday scenarios. It's not the same for everyone. Just because you guys don't pay your bills and catch hell, doesnt mean I'm in your situation.
OK, two things. 25 years ago is a LOT different today, and two...I've never not paid a bill in my life, because I know better and have some morals and will pay what I owe.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:

Actually, yes.

What you fail to understand is that the 50 bucks turns into late fees, processing fees for collection trade off, etc.. which compound for you failing to pay them. In time that, 50 bucks turns into 300, then 1k and so on.

Go ahead, play the tough guy with them. See what happens.

My wife used to deal with these types of folks. You think you have it all figured out, that you will show them and each time, every single one of you end up eating your own words.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
This is just a greedy reactionary dentist trying to gouge patients by pretending to pass on costs to patients on a tax that doesn't even exist yet.

The increased tax (2.3 %) on medical devices is to be charged on manufacturer's revenues in January. It's not even in place yet, and Congress is sure to fight it.

How does this dentist even know he will incur an additional $50 expense of anything yet? He's just trying to rip people off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies