Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Put on your big boy pants ladies. Crying aint gonna cut it. This is beyond pathetic.

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- A dozen female members of the House staunchly defended U.N. ambassador Susan Rice against Republican criticism over her remarks on the deadly Sept. 11 Libya attack, suggesting the GOP lawmakers' comments were racist and sexist. "It is a shame that anytime something goes wrong, they pick on women and minorities," Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio, the next chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, told reporters Friday at a Capitol Hill news conference."

Defend her comments don't cry they are being mean to her because she's a woman. The victim and race card rolled into one. A+ all around from the dem playbook rulers I'm sure.

News from The Associated Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Women cry as do men, women are just lucky enough that crying is more acceptable for women to cry in public and as more women enter into positions of power they're probably be a lot more crying in the future, so take off your pseudo-macho britches because you better get used to it.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Women cry as do men, women are just lucky enough that crying is more acceptable for women to cry in public and as more women enter into positions of power they're probably be a lot more crying in the future, so take off your pseudo-macho britches because you better get used to it.
Crying is one thing, but always a job discrimination case stretch....
Can't it ever be as simple as incompetency

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Any person named "Fudge" can't be taken seriously.

"Hi, i'm Marcia FUDGE and i'm here to tackle serious matters!"

LOL

Who amongst you could keep a straight face?

LOL

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM

Whining and crying about some congressors being "mean" to Rice is pathetic. They should be scolding Obama for his comments and tell him that they don't need anybody to stand up to these bullies for em if that is what they think they are being. What next will they start hiding behind Obama's prompter so nobody will be mean to em?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Any person named "Fudge" can't be taken seriously.

"Hi, i'm Marcia FUDGE and i'm here to tackle serious matters!"

LOL

Who amongst you could keep a straight face?

LOL
I always laugh when I hear Dick Armey's name.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
From the article,
[Republican Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham earlier this week called Rice untrustworthy and unqualified to be the nation's top diplomat if President Barack Obama chooses her to succeed Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. The two vowed to block any Senate confirmation if she is nominated.
The House women, a majority of them Africa-American, lashed out at McCain and Graham and demanded that they retract their criticism.
"To batter this woman because they don't feel they have the ability to batter President Obama is something we the women are not going to stand by and watch," said Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis. "Their feckless and reckless speculation is unworthy of their offices as senators."
Said Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-D.C.: "We will not allow a brilliant public servant's record to be mugged to cut off her consideration to be secretary of state."
At issue are Rice's statements in a series of television interviews five days after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. Republicans insist that she should have labeled the incident an act of terrorism rather than cite a protest over an anti-Muslim video that had roiled cities in the Middle East.
Rice said she was providing the "best information and the best assessment we have today."
"In fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video," she said. "People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent. Those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya, and that then spun out of control."
Acting CIA director Mike Morell has told congressional committees this week that Rice was relying on an initial intelligence assessment that eventually proved incorrect.]

Actually, the top two red high-lighted statements question her veracity and competance,
to take over Hillary's (also a woman, but her competance is not questioned) job.
The bottom red high-lighted statement confirms their fears.
Well, the acting CIA director explicitly backs Rice view in that quote since she said it back when our own intelligence assessment said it was not preplanned and not premeditated. She communicated what she was given in her brief, and the brief she was given was incorrect as we didn't have the correct intelligence. It doesn't seem to say she made those statements up, that she willfully misled, or that she tried to force a particular agenda into the announcement. She simply stated what was known at the time--why does that put into question her veracity and competence?

And why would you paint this as females crying over something silly? Is it to imply this is what females do in general? Is it to say they aren't capable? Isn't that a strange tactic when about half the nation is female?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM

I guess you didn't know Patreaus testified earlier today. Best keep up. She did NOT stat what was known at the time according to him.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 PM

Oops I'm being mean. I hope the house women don't come on here and chastise me.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you didn't know Patreaus testified earlier today. Best keep up. She did NOT stat what was known at the time according to him.
He sure did. What's the incredible thing he revealed today? You were at the closed congressional hearing right? Tell us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies