Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFreeSpirit View Post
Its that liberal deal. Not taking personal responsibility for ones actions ya know...always find someone to blame...
Why should I take personal responsibility for a bunch of bigots passing a law to kill homosexuals?
Talk about specious reasoning...

Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you are blaming white american evangelicals for laws in uganada?
That is correct.

What Would Jesus Do? Uganda, White Supremacy and Evangelical Blood Money « The New Humanism Blog

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/wo...anda.html?_r=0

Uganda Anti-Homosexual Bill Inspired by American Evangelicals - The Daily Beast

Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM

126 posts, read 89,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Why should I take personal responsibility for a bunch of bigots passing a law to kill homosexuals?
Talk about specious reasoning...
Are you one of the ones blaming christian in America for forcing the Ugandan political establishment to pass this? If not then I wasn't talking about you.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFreeSpirit View Post
Are you one of the ones blaming christian in America for forcing the Ugandan political establishment to pass this? If not then I wasn't talking about you.
Well, I'd consider myself a liberal.
You see, when you make nonsensical blanket statements, you get a response. That's what you were looking for, right?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
i am glad they arent really christ followers. maybe religious zealots yes, but not followers of christ

Old 11-16-2012, 03:06 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i am glad they arent really christ followers. maybe religious zealots yes, but not followers of christ
Yawn

No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Judging by what some people post on here, I'd say just about anybody.

Jebus is all about condemning others, only caring for oneself, looking down on others, exerting revenge, etc.

From what I understand, Jebus is quite alright with gluttony, lust, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride IF (and only IF) it is the believer who has somehow fallen prey to these vices. You see, then they can easily be forgiven, especially since believers these days have the prerogative to pick and chose which "rules" need to be upheld about themselves and which can NEVER be violated when it comes to others. After all, believers were tempted by the devil and really had no control over their actions. Thus, anybody else who isn't quite "perfect" deserves to be relegated to the depths of hell. No excuses.

Come on, you know this - you've been on this forum long enough.
I guess Jebus would, whoever he is. Jesus would not.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 PM

126 posts, read 89,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Well, I'd consider myself a liberal.
You see, when you make nonsensical blanket statements, you get a response. That's what you were looking for, right?
Do you blame businesses for raising prices/cutting their workforce because of Obamacare or do you blame obamacare and its overwhelming taxes and things its forcing employers to do?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not our country, not our problem. We have no more reason to frick with the internal affairs of Uganda than we do Iran. Or Syria, Libya or Afghanistan.

This is what is stupid. All these idiots go on about the injustices of other countries, but they never really seem to give a crap about it until it falls within their political opinion.

The OP hates Christians, we get it... fine, but don't go blaming rogue factions and attempting to deem it as a whole.

If you are going to do that, it makes you no different than the KKK, Black Panthers, or any other group who loves to generalize a particular group of people for its personal gain.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not our country, not our problem. We have no more reason to frick with the internal affairs of Uganda than we do Iran. Or Syria, Libya or Afghanistan.
I don`t see anyone suggesting that we frick with their internal affairs. Some folks will condemn murder wherever it happens and whoever it`s happening against. No harm in bringing this to people`s attention ..is there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies