Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,493,643 times

Advertisements

I enjoy driving through redstates. Makes me even more thankful to reside in a blue area. And, in the end, there's always a cool blue city in every red state. Atlanta, GA and Austin, Texas are my favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,922,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
If it's "just as beautiful," it requires so little of you to post some pictures of these areas for comparison. Is that overly taxing for you? Careful, you're liable to confirm another regional stereotype.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not live in either state that you are referring to, but I have been through Mississippi and I found it to be a pretty place. People that have to run down other places to make themselves feel better are lacking in something. I see beauty in all of the regions of the country and I see poverty and filth in all too. You can keep on with your juvenile talk about certain areas if you wish, but I will terminate my conversation with you now. Evidently you have the need to feel superior to others and that is a defect in your character. Any further conversation with you will not yield any benefits since you are so blinded by your ignorance.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,847,575 times
People that have nothing feel better when they can make fun of something that is perceived as less than superior to themselves.

The Polish, Arkansans, Texas Aggies, etc. learn to laugh at these pseudo intelligent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not live in either state that you are referring to, but I have been through Mississippi and I found it to be a pretty place. People that have to run down other places to make themselves feel better are lacking in something. I see beauty in all of the regions of the country and I see poverty and filth in all too. You can keep on with your juvenile talk about certain areas if you wish, but I will terminate my conversation with you now. Evidently you have the need to feel superior to others and that is a defect in your character. Any further conversation with you will not yield any benefits since you are so blinded by your ignorance.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,529,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
People that have nothing feel better when they can make fun of something that is perceived as less than superior to themselves.

The Polish, Arkansans, Texas Aggies, etc. learn to laugh at these pseudo intelligent people.
Pseudo intelligent people? LOL there is a reason why places like Silicon Valley or elite Ivy League schools are in states like California and Massachusetts and not Arkansas or Mississippi.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,144,247 times
Quote:

The "Texas Aggies?" Careful, you now have a few million heavily armed Texans awfully mad at you.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,922,807 times

You are correct.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,109,277 times
Quote:
The Inland Empire is Rural Poverty.
The IE was hit the hardest by the housing bubble in southern CA but I would hardly call it rural. These medium sized citys are comparable to Mississippi's largest City in population, Jackson but they have much higher income and access to services.

Riverside - 297,859
San Bernardino - 198,410
Corona - 151,037
Ontario - 171,602

On a side note the IE have been pretty solid Republican districts until recently. Republican Rep. Bono Mack just recently conceded her race for the 45th district to a Democrat. Mark Takano just won the 41st district against his Republican challenger. Next on our rader is that loser Republican Rep. Darrell Issa and his 49th district. Since he trumpeted Eric Holder's opposition we'll be supporting his Democratic opponent vigorously... Hopefully we'll be singing "Another one bits the dust" after the midterms...

Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,529,455 times
Quote:

You are correct.
This is just payback for red staters who constantly insult blue states and liberals.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is one of those things people like to say to make themselves feel better about something or someone. Yes, of course there are some scenic areas of Oklahoma or Mississippi. I don't know that anyone denies that. In general, are they uglier than Vermont, Maine, Wisconsin, Montana, Oregon? Of course.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
This is just payback for red staters who constantly insult blue states and liberals.
They squeal like little pigs when given tastes of their own medicine. They absolutely hate it and run away as fast as they can with their tails between their legs. There's a lesson in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies