Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You consider Ron Paul a Hamas supporter?
FreakyPubes (FreeRepublic) thinks so. It's impossible to pigeonhole RP as either liberal or conservative so they just shrug their shoulders and claim he's insane.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What you fall to realize is this system is designed to intercept short range threats. This was not designed to protect US soil. We have Mexico bordering us on the south and Canada in the north. That's it. And they are both friendly governments. Our air defense is coordinated by NORAD and is a combination of long range intercepting missiles and fighters. Our geographic circumstances don't require short range interceptors. This was designed solely for our allies and US conquest in unfriendly territory.

So no we are not testing systems in Israel that will eventually protect us but we are building defense systems that were tailored to protect out allies. I only have a problem with our allies not paying the true cost... Especially since we're in a debt crisses...
They could be used to defend US military bases etc, but it turns out the system was designed and built by Israel.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Really. I'm not being sarcastic or narcissistic, but if someone were to stand below the empire state building, and I dropped a penny from the roof, and by luck, it struck the person's head, wouldn't that kill the person?
What if 5 people stood below and I dropped 100 pennies?

If you taped like 20 pennies together it would probably kill someone, but just one penny will just flutter down and give someone a little thwap on the head.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
You consider Ron Paul a Hamas supporter?

No, just someone who would vote against something like that. The Hamas favorites are people like Kucinich, Ellison, Sheila Jackson Lee, Conyers, Dingell, etc.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Mythbusters proved you wrong. It'll sting and that's it. Google terminal velocity.
Oh, ok, I just checked it out, and thank you.
My next question is, what if the pieces of the launched rocket are the sizes of bricks?
I'm beginning to think that a rocket hitting as a single projectile might be better than say the equivalent to 100 or so bricks falling from the sky.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
No, just someone who would vote against something like that. The Hamas favorites are people like Kucinich, Ellison, Sheila Jackson Lee, Conyers, Dingell, etc.
So you're going back on your previous statement. Got it.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They could be used to defend US military bases etc, but it turns out the system was designed and built by Israel.
And we paid a portion of the price... The Abram tank's main gun is German and I don't believe the German's pay a portion of the cost for us.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
And we paid a portion of the price... The Abram tank's main gun is German and I don't believe the German's pay a portion of the cost for us.
This is our way of showing Israel we are with them.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
So you're going back on your previous statement. Got it.

Apparently, you hadn't read the whole thread before shooting your mouth off.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,112 times
Quote:
What you fall to realize is this system is designed to intercept short range threats. This was not designed to protect US soil. We have Mexico bordering us on the south and Canada in the north. That's it. And they are both friendly governments. Our air defense is coordinated by NORAD and is a combination of long range intercepting missiles and fighters. Our geographic circumstances don't require short range interceptors. This was designed solely for our allies and US conquest in unfriendly territory.

So no we are not testing systems in Israel that will eventually protect us but we are building defense systems that were tailored to protect out allies. I only have a problem with our allies not paying the true cost... Especially since we're in a debt crisses...
Your thinking is a little short sited. Alaska?

Also our bases world wide could us it. It would have been very helpful in iraq's green zone.

I do understand its israels technolgy not ours but we share that back and forth alot. To think we would be unable to use this for our good after we paid for some of it is foolish.

I understand your concerns with our debt and i agree with you there. But i would cut in other areas before cutting a program like this. A 10-20% cut in all departments (yes military too) is needed but cutting a program that could be used for anti terror efforts is needed. This is a anti terror shield regardless if its here or afar like in israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.