Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the store owner supports people who exercise their rights? That would be the first thing I asked him.

It's a private business and he can do pretty much whatever he wants, but shutting people out for exercising a right, while supporting people who elect to exercise a different right, seems contradictory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
It's not such a bad idea. One of the DNCs goals is opposing private gun ownership through highly restrictive gun control laws with the ultimate goal of taking guns away from private citizens. Why cater to a group whose goal will put him out of business? By making such an announcement, he's going to increase his sales.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
That's quite judgmental. Do you typically judge people according to their place of residence? How about skin color? Religion? I'm sure you don't, because that would be...what? Ignorant?
If the silent majority in AZ don't get a handle on this, they are ignorant. Ignorant to what can happen when things get completely out of control. I would call running your husband over with a car because he did not vote in this election ignorant. This happened in AZ too. The wife wanted her husband to vote for Romney. He chose not to vote. He is now fighting for his life. You may be right about ignorance in other places. I think FL may have AZ beat. A man killed himself because Romney lost. A man shot is neighbor in the face because Romney lost, so apparently, ignorant people are popping up in Florida as well.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,223 times
The amusing thing about this is that Obama has been more pro-gun in his actions than W was.

From Talking Points Memo:

"Despite four years of the NRA crowing about the dangers Barack Obama presents to the Second Amendment, his presidency has been remarkably friendly to the pro-gun cause, and persisting fears to the contrary have inspired a golden era of gun rights in the states.
Here are highlights of pro-gun victories since 2009:
— In 2009, Obama enacted legislation permitting firearms in national parks.
— In 2009, Arizona and Tennessee passed laws letting people carry guns in bars.
— In 2010, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 to extend federal gun-rights protections to states.
— In 2010, Louisiana approved a bill letting people carry firearms in houses of worship.
— In 2010, Arizona passed a law letting people carry concealed weapons without a permit. In 2011, Wyoming enacted the same law.
— In 2011, the U.S. House of Representatives passed, with considerable bipartisan support, a bill that makes a firearm-carry permit in one state valid in every other state.
— In 2011, Mississippi enacted legislation allowing people to carry firearms on college campuses, and in bars and churches. Later that year, the measure was expanded to include sporting events, polling places, airports, courthouses and other government localities.
— In 2011, North Dakota and Texas passed legislation to ensure that employees may bring a gun to work, as long as it’s locked in a vehicle.
— In 2011, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and New Hampshire put into effect versions of Florida’s “stand your ground” law, granting people broad latitude to use lethal force when they perceive a threat to their safety."

Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,433,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
“If we lose the whole business it doesn’t matter,” he said. “The bottom line is — my values.”

Gotta give the man credit for standing up for his values even if it costs him his business.

If everybody who voted in America was as dedicated to the values they hold dear as this man is, the election results may have looked quite different.
So what are his soon to be out of work employees going to do? They're obviously Conservative so they won't be going on Unemployment and food stamps.

Oh I see what is going on here. All the Republican business owners are going to fire all their workers so that the unemployment numbers go up and they can blame Obama.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
So what are his soon to be out of work employees going to do? They're obviously Conservative so they won't be going on Unemployment and food stamps.

Oh I see what is going on here. All the Republican business owners are going to fire all their workers so that the unemployment numbers go up and they can blame Obama.
Do you really think the political make up of his area's customers are enough liberals as to put a gun shop out of business? I highly doubt the majority of his customers voted for Obama.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,433,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Do you really think the political make up of his area's customers are enough liberals as to put a gun shop out of business? I highly doubt the majority of his customers voted for Obama.
Why not? Plenty of gun stores in my heavily liberal area.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 PM

420 posts, read 334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
If the silent majority in AZ don't get a handle on this, they are ignorant. Ignorant to what can happen when things get completely out of control. I would call running your husband over with a car because he did not vote in this election ignorant. This happened in AZ too. The wife wanted her husband to vote for Romney. He chose not to vote. He is now fighting for his life. You may be right about ignorance in other places. I think FL may have AZ beat. A man killed himself because Romney lost. A man shot is neighbor in the face because Romney lost, so apparently, ignorant people are popping up in Florida as well.
Ignorant people are everywhere, including the "West Coast."

Running someone over because of an election is a sign of mental instability, not ignorance.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
How so? Do you really think people base their purchasing decisions on presidential politics? Especially in this economy? "Forget dinner, honey. We'll beg for food. I'm gonna give our hard earned money to this Obama hater."

Seriously.
Yes-

Apparently you do not know people who are interested in guns very well. If I saw the owner of the gun shop I use refuse to sell a gun to an Obama voter, I would buy a couple on the spot. If there was a sign put up, many gun owners would patronize that shop over others.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM

114 posts, read 100,214 times
Default Gun Store Bans Obama Voters From Buying Guns. Say's They Are Not Responsible Enough To Own A Firearm

I thought this was a joke when I saw the headline. I think the gun store owner is trying to get a boost in sales in his area. The store owner said:....... “To Whom it May Concern:...........I thought you all might be interested in this. We will try to demonstrate once again that the bottom line for our business is principle, not money. Yes, it has been damaging at times but our values are intact. Effective immediately, if you voted for Obama, your money is no good here. You have proven beyond a doubt that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm. We have just put a sign up on the front door to save you the trouble of walking all the way in here.”..............I doubt this will cost him much business. ......Gun Store: Obama Voters Not Welcome | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies