Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears the left thinks it's a big joke. Hell the guy running the fed reserve couldn't find the time to pay his dam taxes. Just as many republicans do it too. Then little old me gets a letter from the IRS claiming I didn't fill out this or that right, which I did, and it takes 8 months of yelling and screaming at the idiots to clear it up.
An IRS agent I knew once told me that they didn't go after big money people very often because those folks could afford to hire attorneys; in other words, it's "easier" to go after average every-day type people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Whose administration do we find all that crap in? Why The Won is who. Since over 400 of them are in the EPA I wonder why we have to allow them to continue regulating us when they can't even get their people to pay their taxes, and I wonder if one in that group may be named Jackson.
Republicans and Democrats fail to pay their taxes. It's not just one party.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Internal Revenue Manual - 5.19.18 Federal Employee/Retiree Delinquency Initiative (FERDI)
"The Federal Employee/Retiree Delinquency Initiative (FERDI) program was developed in 1993 to promote federal tax compliance among current and retired federal employees. The program incorporates the purpose and intent of Office of Government Ethics regulation 5 C.F.R.2635.809, which addresses the responsibility of federal employees to "satisfy in good faith their obligations as citizens, including all just financial obligations, especially those such as federal, state or local taxes that are imposed by law."
So these reports have been issued since the Clinton administration, inclusive of all 8 years of the Bush administration, and suddenly these delinquencies are Obama's fault, or the exclusive domain of people in the Obama administration?

Do you have any idea how utterly ridiculous that is?

So yeah, some of us have a real problem with the invention of fake outrages to pin on President Obama by people who are simply anti-Obama and not pro-facts or common sense.
Did Obama and his party people have any kind of facts about Romney not paying income taxes? Why have they stopped that lie since the election took place? I am just wondering about these things. We all knew that Obama was lying about Romney and yet Romney didn't at all attempt to fight these people who owe more than he could possibly owe. I guess the IRS just doesn't go after government employees like they do the rest of us. Why is that?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
And they would know this how?

[]
Yep. He didn't know in the beginning that Turbo Tax Timmy owed all that money when he appointed him and it seems he will appoint Timmy to be the head man at the Fed when the present bum serves his time. Having one like him and reappointing him is not the same thing, is it?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Who is defending tax cheats as a good thing? The only issue is saying that this is somehow bizarrely off course from other administrations or tying it to this one specifically--well, it's not specific to this administration and we should be expecting better (just as we should have expected better in all administrations not just this one). Yes, they should pay their back taxes. It should be a real sore mark for continued federal employment for not paying taxes in full in all administrations and any irregularities or even technically tax loopholes (not breaks, but loopholes) taken advantage of should be counted and marked out. I hope this administration actually does crack down far harder than previous administrations.
Do you want that crackdown to take place in the first term or the second term? He won't really have time to do it in number 2 and sure as hell didn't do it in 1 so I guess your hope is dashed on the rocks right now.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Look at the primary sources. I posted those. Here is another link for the actual report: Copy of FERDI 2010 Final

You can find FERDI stats from about a decade and a half ago to now. You can also read the actual legislation putting it in practice. Posting someone's blog who doesn't understand what the stats mean or refuses to do any kind of real analytical work on the stats but knows he will get site traffic and ad hits for having put in "Obama" in there is silly, but it is how people operate these days because they are too lazy, non-analytical or technologically inept.
Is what you suggest not a lot like what the Demoncrats did during the campaign about Romney's income taxes? If not then they did a lot more work than they ever showed anybody.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
An IRS agent I knew once told me that they didn't go after big money people very often because those folks could afford to hire attorneys; in other words, it's "easier" to go after average every-day type people.
Hmmmm, I don't think many here didn't know that without having an IRS friend to tell them. I sure could see through all that without any help. Now tell me how those people, 419 in number at EPA were big money people. They sure didn't draw that kind of wages, I don't think. Also, just because Congressmen make an amount that qualifies them as millionaires they aren't so big money that they are layer off from.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Republicans and Democrats fail to pay their taxes. It's not just one party.
That has gone on for sometime but the past 4 years it has been Democrat employed people who are spending our tax dollars and not paying. If Obama were so honest he would have cleaned that up for those in his administration.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The IRS has computers with this info. Government, meet government. Duh!
Fair enough.

[just wanted to make sure that everyone agrees that tax records should be public]

Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,734,709 times
Quote:
Only complete morons would fail to see the connection. No surprise there.
So please explain the connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies