Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
surely your not suggesting that italy or ireland have as much influence in washington as israel
No, the opposite. The US will always have people representing countries all over the World. My point was that it should never dictate our foreign policy.

The Middle East has been volatile and violent forever. The US was formed to allow for freedom of religion, and it has been going peacefully. In fact Jews in the US are a wonderful success story.
It is time for us to remove ourselves from that horrilble area, or it will destroy us along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Hate it to break it to you. But in this case it is a you or me situation. No time for singing cumbaya.

Maybe the "Jews" don't want to be on the receiving end any longer.

Can't blame them.
Maybe you can't blame them, but I can. Stealing is stealing, no matter what your religion is.

After all, I'm sure you understand that having your home taken away isn't exactly a birthday party.

Peace.
brian

Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
No, the opposite. The US will always have people representing countries all over the World. My point was that it should never dictate our foreign policy.

The Middle East has been volatile and violent forever. The US was formed to allow for freedom of religion, and it has been going peacefully. In fact Jews in the US are a wonderful success story.
It is time for us to remove ourselves from that horrilble area, or it will destroy us along with it.
i fully agree that jews in the usa are a fantastic success story , i happen to admire a lot about the jewish people and how they shook up the old guard establishment in many sectors of america , that said , i completely reject the notion that to be anti israel is to be anti semetic

Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 AM

2,545 posts, read 3,298,204 times
Quote:

i can assure you , sympathy among the general british public rests with the pallestinians , in ireland its even more pronounced towards the pallestinian side
I am not sure why you think we should care what people in Ireland think. But in countries like Germany, UK, Holland and many Eastern European nations you will actually find that more people are pro Israel than you give them credit for. Not that we should bother ourselves too much about Europe on this issue, given its record with Jews.

Quote:
if you steal peoples stuff , they will get angry , you can feign indignation at their response but it makes you both an idiot and a hypocrite
Stop pretending that you understand what's going on there. You don't.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Hate it to break it to you. But in this case it is a you or me situation. No time for singing cumbaya.

Maybe the "Jews" don't want to be on the receiving end any longer.

Can't blame them.
The Israeli mentality is that what happened to Jews during the World War II Holocaust will never happen again. Therefore Israelis will not allow anyone to attack them without responding back.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
I am not sure why you think we should care what people in Ireland think. But in countries like Germany, UK, Holland and many Eastern European nations you will actually find that more people are pro Israel than you give them credit for.
European countries have had problems with Muslims, nothing of the sort seen in the US. Support may come from European countries for different reasons, including the (negative) impact and demands made by Muslims on their countries. You can't discount that factoring in. And you know many think a Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim and all Muslims are terrorists, regardless what Arab country they come from.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The Israeli mentality is that what happened to Jews during the World War II Holocaust will never happen again. Therefore Israelis will not allow anyone to attack them without responding back.
You forgot "Thou shalt not steal" is part of the 10 commandments, just as "thou shalt not covet" and "thou shalt not kill."

peace,
brian

Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
You forgot "Thou shalt not steal" is part of the 10 commandments, just as "thou shalt not covet" and "thou shalt not kill."

peace,
brian
Your comment has no connection to what I wrote. Most Jewish Israelis are secular. I was talking of the historical context of the World War II Holocaust where Jews were led to the gas chambers without very much fighting back. The modern Israeli concept is that it will never happen that they won't fight back. Therefore any time, Israel is attacked it will respond.

But to respond to your remark, Israel hasn't stolen or coveted anything that didn't belong to the Jewish people according to the Bible.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
I am not sure why you think we should care what people in Ireland think. But in countries like Germany, UK, Holland and many Eastern European nations you will actually find that more people are pro Israel than you give them credit for. Not that we should bother ourselves too much about Europe on this issue, given its record with Jews.

Stop pretending that you understand what's going on there. You don't.
pot kettle

Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Maybe you can't blame them, but I can. Stealing is stealing, no matter what your religion is.

After all, I'm sure you understand that having your home taken away isn't exactly a birthday party.

Peace.
brian
The concept of land for peace isn't really working any more. Here is an article from CNN about this:
Why land for peace is dead – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies