Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 02:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You should move to Israel. You're a traitor in my book. Go live in that sick society that brutalizes Arab peasants.

Keep my country out of your bigoted, vile, brutal desires for Israel to murder, and steal land.
Arabs brutalize Arab peasants.

Arabs steal lands -- look how the Arabs are in Africa slaughtering innocent people there. Arabs stole Hindu land and created that hell-hole Islamic Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Arabs brutalize Arab peasants.

Arabs steal lands -- look how the Arabs are in Africa slaughtering innocent people there. Arabs stole Hindu land and created that hell-hole Islamic Pakistan.
Hindu Pakistan? You mean the 1.5% of the people of Pakistan?

Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Arabs stole Hindu land and created that hell-hole Islamic Pakistan.
Arabs didn't create Pakistan. The Punjabis, Sindhis, Pashtun, and other groups aren't Arab.

You do know that not all Muslims are Arabs(and not even all Arabs are Muslims)...

Last edited by Deezus; 11-18-2012 at 02:53 PM..

Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,294,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
its truly extrordinary how when it comes to this issue , all political sides come together as one to profess their deep devotion to the state of israel , pledging undieing devotion to israel appears to be a rite of passage for every american politican or public personality of any kind

my question is this , is their any quater in the usa where an alternative view towards this global issue exists
yes there is, but its mostly restricted to the pseudo-intellectual bleeding heart liberals who think they understand what's going on but actually don't understand anything at all.

Quote:

do american realise how at odds they are with the rest of the world when it comes to this matter
If by "rest of the world" you mean enlightened places like Iran, Egypt, Tunis, Syria and France, then yes we do. However we seem to be more or less on the same page with Canada, Australia, UK, Holland, etc. I would rather be on the second team.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:57 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
yes there is, but its mostly restricted to the pseudo-intellectual bleeding heart liberals who think they understand what's going on but actually don't understand anything at all.

If by "rest of the world" you mean enlightened places like Iran, Egypt, Tunis, Syria and France, then yes we do. However we seem to be more or less on the same page with Canada, Australia, UK, Holland, etc. I would rather be on the second team.
you think the majority of people in the uk sympathise more with israel when it comes to this issue , you havent a clue

Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
thats speculation
No it is not speculation. The Hamas wants the destruction of Israel. When Israel was at the pre-1967 borders, Israel's neighbors planned to attack Israel bent on Israel's erasure. So Israel pre-empted and attacked first in 1967.

Nothing has changed with regards to the extremist Arab terror groups such as Hamas.They don't want to share the area with Israel and are still bent on Israel's destruction.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:08 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,294,625 times
Quote:
you think the majority of people in the uk sympathise more with israel when it comes to this issue , you havent a clue
I don't know, I haven't done a poll. But I do know that the democratically elected government of the UK has spoken out firmly in support of Israel.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
I don't know, I haven't done a poll. But I do know that the democratically elected government of the UK has spoken out firmly in support of Israel.
the democratically elected goverment of the uk sent british troops into iraq in 2003 , do you think the majority of british citizens supported that , that war has almost no support , tony blair destroyed his reputation as a result , americans might like blair , the brits despise him for the most part

i can assure you , sympathy among the general british public rests with the pallestinians , in ireland its even more pronounced towards the pallestinian side

Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Default Christian Zionism

Check out the John Hagee Ministries. He formed Christians United for Israel, the largest pro Israel group in the U.S. He's made 22 trips to Israel over the years and is very connected to Republicans. His organization has gone to Congress professing bibical justification for the defense of Israel.

Hagee had regular access to the Bush whitehouse. RNC Chairs give keynote addresses at regional conferences. And Israel Prime Ministers reguarily check in.

Hagee did however pull back funding of Israel healthcare when Israel decided to fund abortions, but did not allow it to get in the way of the big picture.

A lot of people buy into End of Times prophecies- a belief that Armangeddon is just around the cornor and the true believers will be wisked away to heaven while the non-believers stay oin earth to rot.

The "Left Behind" books and media help spread these beliefs so much so that it is the default doctrine of most Southern Baptists. The mega churches are chock full of people awaiting the end of the world.

Armageddon assumes the final battle between armies, increasingly perceived as Arabs and Russians vs. God's chosen people, Israel. There are about 16 million Southern Baptists in about 48,000 churches in the U.S. Not all are Zionists.

The idea behind Christian Zionists is to align the U.S. with Israel to expedite the final showdown. They also believe in mass conversion of all Jews to Christianity after the final battle, before being wisked away to heaven. Those who don't will experience the mother of all Holocausts.

Baptist Press - Southern Baptist contingent in Congress grows - News with a Christian Perspective

Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
I don't understand why anyone in America would want to support any of those countries or authorities or whatever that stands against Israel. Just take a look at Israel, it is a modern democratic country, etc. Israel is one of our best allies in all the world. Maybe our very best. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies