Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
what does that say about the rest of us?
The funny thing is, Paula Broadwell and David Petraeus thought they knew what they were doing. They were careful, more careful than the average American fooling around outside the bounds of marriage tends to be. When Broadwell wanted to warn off the other woman she suspected of messing with her man, she set up an anonymous email account and only used it away from home, usually on the Wi-Fi networks of hotels she was staying in. Broadwell and Petraeus also thought they could avoid having their emails intercepted in transit by technically avoiding “sending” them at all. Instead, they saved their messages to each other as “drafts” in a Gmail account to which they both enjoyed access.

But if they thought they were being smart, they were wrong.
Paula Broadwell’s big mistake - Salon.com
And just how do you protect yourself from the FBI when they come snooping with all the resources of the government backing them up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
For there to be a crime involved, and for the Judicial branch to oversea the process.
Padcrasher, the fbi was dealing with 2 generals (well one) being harassed an potentially stalked. They did what they need to do, given matters of national security might have been compromised. I am pretty liberal, but this seems like a non brainer

Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Padcrasher, the fbi was dealing with 2 generals (well one) being harassed an potentially stalked. They did what they need to do, given matters of national security might have been compromised. I am pretty liberal, but this seems like a non brainer
The excuse you are making in this case just basically is saying the FBI can do anything it wants in terms of snooping if they say so.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
The excuse you are making in this case just basically is saying the FBI can do anything it wants in terms of snooping if they say so.
I work for LE and if matters of national security might have been compromised then yes

Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I work for LE and if matters of national security might have been compromised then yes
" For security reasons" is the only way civil liberties are taken away by corrupt governments. All over the World, it's not done any other way.

Our founding fathers knew this and built in safeguards in our Constitution that are know being ignored by ignorant citizens.

You need "two witnesses" "in court" to convict one of treason, but Obama can put US citizens on a kill list with no Legislative or Judicial oversight.....Pathetic.

Sadly, you have no idea the level of corruption and brutality you are asking for when you give government the means to do anything it wants in the name of "security".

Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM

Padcrasher, are you familiar with stalking and harassment? Both are crimes, and no offense but bunny boiler Bradwell with her Harvard phd and all should have known that more than one communication that is unwanted or derogatory to the receiver can potentially constitute harassment which is a criminal offense.

She harassed dumb bimbo and disclosed she knew where Gen. Allen was, and the fbi got involved. Given the jobs of the people involved, yeah this outcome cannot be surprising. I mean, domestic violence victims get LE involved in cases like this and they are taking very seriously. Let alone if the harassment is directed towards a four star general in charge of national security matters.

I hate big brother, but in this case, this is the expected outcome (and i come from the world where you need a sec. Clearance to work)

Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
" For security reasons" is the only way civil liberties are taken away by corrupt governments. All over the World, it's not done any other way.

Our founding fathers knew this and built in safeguards in our Constitution that are know being ignored by ignorant citizens.

You need "two witnesses" "in court" to convict one of treason, but Obama can put US citizens on a kill list with no Legislative or Judicial oversight.....Pathetic.
While I'm in some agreement with you about privacy concerns and our Constitutional Rights, when someone threatens another, it is usually investigated by authorities.

You just can't go around and threaten people.

You say Obama can put US Citizens on a kill list? You of course can prove or back up that quote I would suppose?

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
While I'm in some agreement with you about privacy concerns and our Constitutional Rights, when someone threatens another, it is usually investigated by authorities.

You say Obama can put US Citizens on a kill list? You of course can prove or back up that quote I would suppose?
Oh yea because I have a record of not backing up what I write?

Here you go. I can't believe how oblivious you are to what is going on...LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/wo...anted=all&_r=0

Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post

Nobody was threatened here. Stop with the MSM and FBI rhetoric!

Old 11-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Nobody was threatened here. Stop with the MSM and FBI rhetoric!
Broadwell send annonymous emails to Kelly, of a threatening nature. That is potentially criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies