U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM

461 posts, read 483,872 times

Advertisements

Simple question. Does being anti-gay marriage mean you hate gays? Do homosexuals in turn feel hated by those who oppose gay marriage legalization?
Rate this post positively

Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM

24,783 posts, read 13,021,447 times
Yes, it means you would really rather see them stoned to death.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM

14,917 posts, read 11,760,916 times
Actively wanting to have gay people treated unequally under the law - to be denied legal rights that you are entitled to - certainly seems pretty hateful to me. Although for people who don't understand laws and how the US works, it often is just ignorance.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Status: "Trump - excepting Jorgensen, the least of multiple evils" (set 13 days ago)

13,802 posts, read 8,478,477 times
Another person's means of sexual gratifcation and sustinence is nobody's business but theirs, and those whom they voluntarily share their lives with.

But marriage evolved for more basic reasons; the recognition that one way or another, we cannot live our personal lives under the assumption that the world begins and ends with us. Two people of the opposite sex and usually close in age, has been the predominate arrngement since the recording of history began, but not the only one. Religious orders, which are certainly not limited to Western societies, are another example.

The state-run societal safety net is a much more recent invention; and access to that safety net, which is already heavily strained, is the principal rationale behind the same-sex marriage "fad".

Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,063,465 times
It doesn't mean you hate gays, just means you're a bigot.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM

6,775 posts, read 10,588,691 times
I really don't give a crap if gays or Liberals think I hate them because I oppose gay marriage. I don't. Those are simply my values and beliefs as a Christian and they will have to accept that. I have never treated any gay or lesbian or transsexual with contempt. Not even in my youth. I have ALWAYS respected them as human beings when most of the other kids and adults didn't and treated them like freaks. But it seems like they now believe I am the enemy because I'm a conservative Republican that stands by my values. Well that is too bad.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:49 PM

488 posts, read 370,729 times
Homosexualists will always propagate that a denial of the "advantages" of 'mirage equality' is homophobic via denial of rights. In reality, most just tow the platform line while vaguely accepting the subconcious fact that attaining government-sanctioned relationships will finally quell the popular truism that all same-sexers are deviant & crazed.

To a homosexualist, joining with another in some tenuous social construct given an official nod by civic authority will bequeath the sought after description of normalcy upon their romantic bonds. The rights they want can and has been granted but with different wording in a number of places, but Civil Unions are considered to be beneath them as it confers that society/church/government has designated it as a form of sexual apartheid. It comes down to baking a cake and eating too, icing courtesy of of the State.

Strangely, homosexualists did much to steer humanity away from the usual ugly trappings of 'marriage' and now must have it if only to roll around in it, to become mundane & accepted thru a hazy concept of equality rhetoric befitting people who have given up uniqueness & variety- a rather popular past-time these days in this world- to be granted the image of sanitized safety to be posted as proof that they are for 'real'.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 11,760,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I really don't give a crap if gays or Liberals think I hate them because I oppose gay marriage. I don't. Those are simply my values and beliefs as a Christian and they will have to accept that. I have never treated any gay or lesbian or transsexual with contempt. Not even in my youth. I have ALWAYS respected them as human beings when most of the other kids and adults didn't and treated them like freaks. But it seems like they now believe I am the enemy because I'm a conservative Republican that stands by my values. Well that is too bad.
I find it pretty damn contemptuous for you to be an active part of denying me equal rights under the law. Put the shoe on the other foot - how would you take it?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM

26,684 posts, read 26,102,581 times
I'm gay, and I don't think it's hateful or even anti-gay to oppose same-sex marriage. I do think it's anti-freedom, however.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:54 PM

7,424 posts, read 8,567,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Simple question. Does being anti-gay marriage mean you hate gays? Do homosexuals in turn feel hated by those who oppose gay marriage legalization?
i dont believe it does

im totally opposed to the idea of gay adoption but im not anti gay

on the issue of gay marriage , im on the fence for now , i can see how traditionalists are opposed

im athiest btw ( raised catholic )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.