Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What's the "Democrat Party"?
It's the party that just elected President Obama.

They believe in redistribution of wealth, confiscatory tax rates, giving free contraceptives to women using other people's money, and are the authors of our current nearly double digit unemplyment rate, $16 trillion debt, downgraded credit rating, the loss of U.S.A. prestige in the world, and the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi and the subsequent coverup.

Oh yeah, also Fast and Furious, Solyndra, the Ft. Hood shooting(which was an act of terrorism, not "workplace violence"), the involvement of U.S. troops in Libya in direct violation of the War Powers Act - not to mention a continuing recession that was caused by Democrat polices.

They suck.

Last edited by Harrier; 11-18-2012 at 06:47 PM..

Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The Vietnam War Moratorium march drew 600,000 demonstrators on November, 15, 1969. (And that was just D.C. There were thousands of people marching across the country.)
The Vietnam War (Second Indo-China War) was begun by the French.

They should have never let their colony defeat them.

But we are discussing the French - what can one expect?

Remember Dien Bien Phu - it was little thought of battle at the time in 1954, but greatly influenced my parent's and my generation's futures.

I wouldn't have been born, if not for the Vietnam War.

(liberals on this forum collective thought - YAY!!!).

Last edited by Harrier; 11-18-2012 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
This is unexpected: growing resistance in France, of all places, to the government's plan to legalize same-sex "marriage" and adoption. Wow. Note the characteristic French bluntness of the protestors - "a child is the result of a man and a woman's orgasm". None of this American "science is doing away with all that" nonsense.
So, WP, which do you think will happen first:
France legalizes same-sex marriage, or another state here in the U.S. does?

My money is on France, though it could well become legal in California again in the next 30 days, so it might be close! What say you?

Also, what do you think the next five states to see same-sex marriage legalized?

My guess is:
California, Illinois, Delaware, Rhode Island, Hawai'i

What do you think?

Cheers!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What's the "Democrat Party"?
It's what illiterate fools call The Democratic Party.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post

Also, what do you think the next five states to see same-sex marriage legalized?

My guess is:
California, Illinois, Delaware, Rhode Island, Hawai'i

What do you think?

Cheers!
My guess is Rhode Island. It is the last little piece of New England that doesn't have Marriage Equality.

I expect in the year 2013 Scotland will be the first place in the British Isles to have Marriage Equality.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
French loving libs don't know what to do now. LOL
Why would a protest by an insignificant percentage of the French people cause anyone to change the way they feel about the French, whether it be like or dislike??

Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The 100,000 is actually total all over France not a single rally. Also, it's not too big of a surprise is it? People aren't big on church attendance anymore, but Catholicism is still a pretty strong force and the majority of non-European migrants to France are Muslim which as an overall group has been more vehement in their denunciation of homosexuality and/or gay marriage rights.
Yeah - but the liberals here love to decry support for marriage(defined as the union between a man and a woman), but are the first to champion Muslims - whom, if you will recall - were responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Go figure.

Liberals just hate religion when it suits them politically.

That translates into their hatred of Christianity - although they celebrate Christian holidays such as Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

Further proof that liberals are hypocrites.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
My guess is Rhode Island. It is the last little piece of New England that doesn't have Marriage Equality.

I expect in the year 2013 Scotland will be the first place in the British Isles to have Marriage Equality.
Rhode Island used to be the place to which Quakers - or anyone who didn't kowtow to the Puritans of Massachusetts, were deported - after the judges in Massachusetts sentenced them to several lashings(50-100 and sometimes more) over several days through many cities on the way to the colony line.

No surprise that they were a bastion of freedom then, and still espouse common sense by supporting marriage between a man and a woman, now.

Not a coincidence that Massachusetts is still Puritan today - only with a liberal bent.

Mitt Romney was the last good governor there. I hope that a Republican succeeds Governor Patrick, but I doubt that it will happen.

Massachusetts has gone to the darkness of liberalism.

Did Massachusetts voters choose Patrick because they thought that he was Irish? LOL!

Kinda like Barack O'Bama?

Sure is interesting how Democrats - who used to be able to claim the solid Catholic vote - have declared Catholicism as their enemy.

And they think that can continue to get the Hispanic vote?

Last edited by Harrier; 11-18-2012 at 07:27 PM..

Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Uh....

1) Catholicism is big in France
2) The French have a tendency to take to the streets and protest, so this doesn't surprise me.
Indeed. 100k? Pffft. That's nothing in France.

Two million protest in France against government austerity policies

100K? In France? What an embarrassingly feeble and impotent bleat of opposition!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Good for France. Of all places they show backbone and resolve standing up to the homosexual militant bullies and are unafraid to do so unlike the spineless wimps over here afraid of going against the grain of the politically correct thought police and being called libelous names. The perpetually angry and unhappy homosexual militants are learning the hard way that everyone is NOT as enthused and excited about homosexuality and the fairy tale notion of homosexual “marriage” as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies