Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This is a scary scenario. What would happen if people who use food stamps (Or EBT cards) get cut off? Would they riot? The article brings up that possibility and gives examples of EBT Card systems that have shut down before like in Georgia and Florida leaving millions unable to use their cards. I encourage you to read this excellent article..............The coming EBT riots: What will happen when government entitlements stop?

They'll have to get a job or find some other way to get food. If they riot, lock them up (in FEMA camps if necessary). That will solve two problems at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I totally agree with your post. It would be a situation that would put normal working people in jeopardy. It might would cause martial law to be initiated in areas.

Actually you'd have a lot of non-working people on one side and a lot of working people on the other side.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 PM

114 posts, read 100,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Actually you'd have a lot of non-working people on one side and a lot of working people on the other side.
And that would lead to chaos.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You'd like to see that happen, wouldn't you? They'd simply get their food from local food pantries and the people would donate more to them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

How come there's no ROFL smilie here?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Some of these people that use EBT cards come from parents that used them too. It's become a generational way of life for many of these people. That is the only way of life they understand and it needs to end so they can learn to get a real job and take responsibility for themselves. EBT cards do not encourage responsibility.

Millions of real jobs today pay $8 per hour. Good luck with that.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 PM

415 posts, read 615,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What's particularly galling is the sense of entitlement. How about showing some contrition about having made poor choices that results in you getting help?
How do you know she made poor choices? Does she explain why she is on EBT? I was on EBT for six months after I lost my job. What poor choice did I make? I have a friend who took EBT as well, after she lost her job. She got a new job, but it didn't pay the bills (it was in fast food) so she was still on EBT. What poor choice did she make?

Not everyone on food stamps made poor choices. Perhaps both myself and my friend should have refused to move away from our parents so that we could have avoided the "poor choice" of becoming gainfully employed only to lose the job due to a layoff.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times
They should all just resort to cannibalism and start eating each other.

Problem solved.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A civil war is inevitable on our current trajectory. Two divergent views that are incompatible. One based on redistribution of wealth another based on individual liberty. At some point one group is going to have to exert its will over the other by force. Hopefully it won't happen in our lifetime or things can change.

The middle class redistributes wealth upward to itself every day in this country and conservatives just smile and want more and more. Check your local ordinances.

In Michigan homeowners regularly vote themselves free money by soaking Other People's Property with high taxes (average more than $1,000 per year for every homeowner) while they remain exempt.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Yes, but it's not your money. That is the problem that liberals and government have, they seem to think that every dollar belongs to them and the people who earned it are only allowed to keep what the government thinks is "enough". When someone has "too much" they feel it's their duty to confiscate some and give it to someone else.

The middle class redistributes income to itself every day; consult your local ordinances for details.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Man, I'll be glad when wingnuts get back on their meds because I've never seen a meltdown like this. This country has seen the end of segregation, civil rights, world wars, depressions and recessions, crack epedemics but because a black centrist democrat is in the white house, were going to have civil war?Calm down, take your meds and take a cool scooter spin around walmart.

Since when is he a centrist?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies