Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree. I have no issue with having a strong military to protect our borders. I don't condone having military bases all over the globe, or meddling in other nations affairs for the sake of nation building, and playing the world police.
First off- your Browns dissapointed me greatly yesterday. I needed a Dallas Loss!

Secondly- if you think about the costs and benefits of what we have done in the middle east over the last 20 years it will make you sick. Of course the Soldiers who gave their lives are infintely more valuable then any fiscal cost.

But neocons will hollar when other Americans just ask for viable healthcare and improved infrastucture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This.

I see more and more people on both the left and right supporting this sentiment. Too bad neither major party will get behind it and support a more isolationist stance.
if you want to find a huge pot of gold to eliminate the deficit and rebulid America its right there.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This.

I see more and more people on both the left and right supporting this sentiment. Too bad neither major party will get behind it and support a more isolationist stance.
Not so much of an isolationist stance, but more non-interventionalist. I have no disrespect for the military, as I had to grandfathers that served in WWII. However; we have bigger fish to fry in this country, and I just don't feel that we can afford to police the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
First off- your Browns dissapointed me greatly yesterday. I needed a Dallas Loss!

Secondly- if you think about the costs and benefits of what we have done in the middle east over the last 20 years it will make you sick. Of course the Soldiers who gave their lives are infintely more valuable then any fiscal cost.

But neocons will hollar when other Americans just ask for viable healthcare and improved infrastucture.

The Browns beat themselves yesterday! Plain and simple! Our coach is clueless, and more than likely with Jimmy Haslam (the new owner) now firmly in control his a** will be fired! Oh well! Another season in which we're out of the playoff hunt before Thanksgiving!

As for the Middle East, I'm of the belief that not one more drop of American blood should be spilled over there! It's time to get the Hell out of the that a**backward region!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
When will the Neocon GOP Wing realize every tax increase that happens is because we are paying for Wars?
Uh, Necons are for tax increases. If you doubt that, then ask any of the Neocons on Obama's White House Staff.

Or you could ask the Neocons that were advisers to Obama during the 2008 Election (like Tony Lake -- Obama's Neocon foreign policy adviser). Clinton's Neocon advises would tell you the same thing that Bush's and Obama's Neocon advisers would tell you.

And by the way, those wars protect your Petro-Dollar, but silly me, I'm just assuming you want to live in a 1st World State with an high standard of living.

Politically correcting...

Mircea

Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Uh, Necons are for tax increases. If you doubt that, then ask any of the Neocons on Obama's White House Staff.

Or you could ask the Neocons that were advisers to Obama during the 2008 Election (like Tony Lake -- Obama's Neocon foreign policy adviser). Clinton's Neocon advises would tell you the same thing that Bush's and Obama's Neocon advisers would tell you.

And by the way, those wars protect your Petro-Dollar, but silly me, I'm just assuming you want to live in a 1st World State with an high standard of living.

Politically correcting...

Mircea
If you watched the foreign policy debate you witnessed Obama and Romney basically having a love fest over talking about the Middle east and our continued involvement.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The only uncertainty, IMO, is whether everybody gets to keep Bush tax rates under a certain threshold (we'll assume $250K for now). Obama doesn't want that, and republicans want to protect the rich.
oh please

reps want to protect everyone...obama wants to tax the middleclass

Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
When will the Neocon GOP Wing realize every tax increase that happens is because we are paying for Wars?
Its not because Mrs. Jones has a book of food stamps.
since you seem to love spewing that word neo-con...do you even know what a neo-con is

neo-con....a liberal spender with southern baptist evangelical background

neo-cons are religous liberals

Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please
That rhetoric sells well to people who can't think. Try somewhere else.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please

reps dont' want tax increases on everyone. Obama wants to start off with the rich. Notice I said start. When he started off at $250K and calls them millionaires and billionaires that told me that he wants to start low enough so he can move it down the income ladder easily. He knows full well that his starting point is not going to be enough money but has to put on a show for his voters. He is hoping they can't reach a deal so he can tax everyone and then blame it on the repubs.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That rhetoric sells well to people who can't think. Try somewhere else.
try again

people see..and can see quite clearly

liberals.."this new AMT tax will tax the rich"....the truth..it affects the middleclass more than ever

liberals..".tax the rich, you know those households over 250k"....mean whilethe liberals now REDEFINE rich, so a workingclass nassau county cop making 150k , married to a workingclass teacher making 100...is now rich...why because they crossed the magic line

what next...liberals define rich as anyone with a job?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies