Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM

361 posts, read 272,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You have got to be kidding. The whole reason the state of Israel exists is because of their religion, and is certainly used to justify any other reason. The reason why so many Americans support them is because of their own Christian Zionist, apocalyptic religion. Its nothing but about religion, or I might say about the trumped up and bogus interpretation of it.

How do you accuse other people of not seeing reality with a post saying you saw a pink, polka dotted, flying pig?
No israel was founded in the name of seculare socialmism. Jews in diaspora have always maintained that israel is there homeland. There is an unbroken chain of jewish precence in israel dating back thousands of years which acriolagy and history supports. Its about jewish culture not religion.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Why shouldn't I support hummus? It's delicious.
Best. Post. Ever.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And I believe that's wrong... as does the U.S. government, as do most Israelis.

It still doesn't give Hamas the right to shell Israeli civilians.
stop stealing other peoples stuff and they wont chuck stones at you , basic common sense

Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
No israel was founded in the name of seculare socialmism. Jews in diaspora have always maintained that israel is there homeland. There is an unbroken chain of jewish precence in israel dating back thousands of years which acriolagy and history supports. Its about jewish culture not religion.
thats all very well ( and valid ) but where ( quite literally ) do you draw the line as to where the modern state of israel should end

Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 AM

361 posts, read 272,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
thats all very well ( and valid ) but where ( quite literally ) do you draw the line as to where the modern state of israel should end
It sounds like your reffering to the sometime fuzzy border situation. That is a very complex issue and a valid discussion. All i could say is as long as there are Hamas style groups representing palestinian people life will not become easier for the jews or the arabs

Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 PM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Hamas is a terrorist organization that has a political arm that won the free elections in Gaza. The Palestinian people that elected them are paying a very high price for that choice as Hamas is an extremist organization that is not looking to compromise and live in peace with its neighbor Israel.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
I don't support either. We should let the middle east be whatever it wants to be. We should expand all types of energy here in the short term and transition to more and more renewable energies over time. Forget about the middle east. Its nothing but a head ache.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
I am American, Jewish and would be considered a flaming liberal by most on here--

1) Israel has every right to defend herself.
2) Hamas is a terrorist organization
3) If the Palestinian people were to free themselves of Hamas, they should be granted statehood.
4) Israel should stop building settlements in disputed territory.
5) Israel is really in a no-win. Chances are even if they granted everything that Palestinians wanted, some terrorist group would still use gaza as a base to hurl missiles in to Israel.

Stop trying to pigeonhole...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Oh yea... I can see your support for Israel oozing from your pores. I support the Israeli's right to live. I support their right to defend themselves. I support them being proactive, not just reactive to their own self defense. If that means they need to preemptively kill some terrorist leaders by bombing an entire city block or two, so be it. I would expect to be able to do the same if someone consistently threatened to kill my children, then tried to on a regular basis.
Completely agree with you here.

Quote:
Also, if we, the United States, aren't going to step in and annihilate those who would murder every Israeli Jew, then we ought to financially support them in their efforts to defend themselves. Pull every single dime from every other mid-east country over there. Let them that constantly attack or threaten to attack Israel go without. Let them starve for all I care.
Completely disagree with you here. Let THEM work it out, let US stay the hell OUT of it! We always get in everyone's business...let's just stay the hell out of it!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Do you think if you keep repeating a lie that it magically becomes true? How about you come back to reality instead as then maybe your "arguments" will have a chance of actually persuading someone.
This statement seems far more relevant to you sir. You obviously know first hand about repeating lies, and have a history of doing so. Do you subscribe to the belief of the Holocaust being a lie as well? <smirk>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies