Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 07:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,344,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If they got gunpowder first they would have done that very thing. You go shoot arrows all you want and scream and cry about the poor indians. They would have cut your throat if they had the chance back in the day. Something you squealers will never understand.
But some of us "squealers" aren't so gung-ho about imperialism as you are, and would never have chosen that path.

And, some of us believe that someday we will all have to give account to a Creator about how we treated our fellow man.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 08:01 AM

5,716 posts, read 3,224,922 times
I can't believe the logic of the liberal progressives here that are defending Hamas.
Really? so if someone approached your family with a baseball bat and threatened to kill them
you would do nothing?

Palistine has been sending bombs into Israel for years now and is hell bent on its destruction and all you can say is "oh well"?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:02 AM

progessive/liberals rejoice!

Old 07-18-2014, 08:04 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,931,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
But some of us "squealers" aren't so gung-ho about imperialism as you are, and would never have chosen that path.

And, some of us believe that someday we will all have to give account to a Creator about how we treated our fellow man.

Peace.
brian
What are you talking about with this imperialism stuff? US is the US. Now you didn't address my point about your heroes the "native americans' so to say. Why is that? I guess reality is a tough bug to catch.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I can't believe the logic of the liberal progressives here that are defending Hamas.
Really? so if someone approached your family with a baseball bat and threatened to kill them
you would do nothing?

Palistine has been sending bombs into Israel for years now and is hell bent on its destruction and all you can say is "oh well"?
I don't know if your post is in reference to mine, but I don't "defend" anyone. I defend the precept of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." And the belief that one day we will all have to give account for how we have treated other creatures with whom we live. No favorites, no special rights. Regardless of religion, culture, nationality.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 AM

21,398 posts, read 10,461,597 times
Default Moderate Muslim's View of Israeli-Hamas Conflict

Palestine occupied by Islamism as much as Israel: Column

This is a really good article. I hope that all the Israelis-are-committing-apartheid group here read it with an open mind. Yes, there are many moderate Muslims in the world, many fighting these political Islamists because they know they're the ones who suffer the most by them.

It's not a long article, but here's a sample. You really should read the entire article though.

Quote:

Public sentiment in favor of beleaguered Palestinians, however well
intentioned, is rapidly translated into support for Hamas. Western sympathies,
especially European sentiment, embolden Hamas (and similar radical Islamist
groups) towards an incipient crime against humanity which truly threatens not
every Israeli and every Jew with extinction, but also moderate Muslims
everywhere, particularly those within Hamas's current purview — cue the
decapitations and crucifixions now a daily occurrence in ISIS-controlled Iraq,
the escalating persecution of minorities, especially Christians in Iraq and the
wider Islamist Middle east.

Because of the lack of nuance and context in the era of sound-byte
'journalism' and the distracting images of Israeli military might, the
reluctance to see the bigger picture remains entrenched.

Were reality to hit home, adult solutions for regional, and
Israeli-Palestinian peace in particular, would be seen to be truly bleak. Israel
is fighting an impossible battle, on one front with nihilist political Islamists
who willingly lead their populations to slaughter in the interests of
religionized war for fictionalized spiritual gain rather than true political
solutions, and on another front waging other battlers with an international
media reflecting an increasingly ignorant and biased public opinion. The sooner
media commentary can be broadened to explain political Islamism, diplomatic and
political powers globally can begin to plan the true long-term freedom of the
Palestinians — freedom from the Other Occupation and a lasting liberation from
the stranglehold of Hamas' political Islamism.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What are you talking about with this imperialism stuff? US is the US. Now you didn't address my point about your heroes the "native americans' so to say. Why is that? I guess reality is a tough bug to catch.
I don't assume that the Indians would have done the same thing. And I certianly don't use that presumption as justification for further aggression, either.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 08:23 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,611,948 times
Quote:
BS. You and most of the EU never want to get their hands dirty. They want Americans to. No matter what happens on the planet the word on any European street is that the Americans will take care of it. If it weren't for US there would be no EU.

Us Jews have a good understanding of the world and how you didn't give a sheet when only 200,000 survived out of over 6 Million in Europe and still gave us no Peace at the end of that war. You didn't want us in Europe and you didn't want us the Middle East. So this time around WE are going to do what is best for us and not give a sheet of what you think. This time around WE are going to do everything we can to so WE survive.

This is our burned in memory of our past and we all say "Never Again".

Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM

this link is not in violation of a copyright!
See Perfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc.,[6] the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit explained why inline linking did not violate US copyright law:

Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,636,943 times
Quote:
I don't know if your post is in reference to mine, but I don't "defend" anyone. I defend the precept of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." And the belief that one day we will all have to give account for how we have treated other creatures with whom we live. No favorites, no special rights. Regardless of religion, culture, nationality.

Peace.
brian
That's not all that is in Scripture. Not to get into it, but remember that there's also the sin of omission - to him who knows the right thing to do and does it not, it is sin. There are times when we have to stand up for what is right. Pacifism (appeasement) isn't always the right path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies