Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Isn't it relevant that Iraq,Syria, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon all essentially ethnically cleansed their countries of its Jews in 1948? I'm sure Pruzhany will find the link. Wasn't there roughly a million Jews expelled from those lands in 1948?

Isn't it also true that there are more than 1 million Arabs living in Israel RIGHT NOW with full rights under the law, including the right to vote, own land, hold any job they want - including Arabs? Doesn't the Israeli Knesset (their congress) have Arabs serving on it as full members?

So to call the Jews the ethnic cleansers... I wonder what would motivate such a perversion of the facts? Is hate to think it was anything more nefarious than just misinformation.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:20 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times

Old 07-13-2014, 12:48 PM

610 posts, read 698,892 times
^ thats the stupidest picture. the reason they aren't there anymore is because Israel, which became a nation in 1948, offers open citizenship to all Jews. Given that the government is known for its liberal social welfare programs and gratuitous thirst for foreign aid, standards of living are basically guaranteed high for anyone who moves there, whether you've got a job or not. So Jews have made the choice to move from a third-world minority group to a first world majority. That does not show that there were any pogroms there. That's like saying that because the black populations of Oakland, L.A. and N.Y.C. are declining, there must be ethnic cleansing going on in those cities. Come on, man... use your noodle.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
That still wouldn't put the Arabs anywhere near European ethnic cleansing numbers. Hell, the Ukraine alone can do better than the whole Arab World combined.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,929,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
That's a pretty bold and generalized claim. To call one of the most historic regions on Earth with people who (for those who KNOW and associate with Middle Easterners, travel there, and have lived and experienced the culture) are known for their hospitality towards guests and travelers and their rich tradition of scholastic achievement, just because Faux News (Fox News) or BSMSM (MSNBC) have implanted negative images in your brain that's never physically left the Western World, is not only a blanket statement but, I'm guessing, not based on any personal experience of yours.

I'm not saying Middle Eastern governments are wonderful, or small segments of their people aren't susceptible to doing awful things (as if we aren't, ask the 500,000 Iraqi children that Madeline Albright said it was "worth it" to starve, or the 2000 Yemenis our government has killed in drone strikes, or the 700,000 plus Afghans, or the 1,000,000+ Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians that have lost their lives at the hands of U.S. invasions), but I am saying that to call the entire region a "despotic wasteland" is evidence of a.) a closed mind and b.) no actual experience in the region and c.) someone who listens to the U.S. media way too much (I don't know if you like the right or the left media, but they're really the exact same, they just don't like ach other).
I didn't mean any malice toward the people, culture or history of the region-which I admire. I am speaking only of the Governments and Power Elite-The United States included-that created, fuel and profit from the mess. Outside Governments and Multinational Corporations cannot pick sides and establish rules-we must leave it up the the people themselves. It is long overdue for us to give up the charade and stop invading counties and telling their people what to do. Saudi Arabia and Israel are allies we don't need.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:28 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
[/b]

Well; if it wasn't your home to begin with but you were simply squatting there as a result of no neighbouring Arab country allowing you entrance AND if the original title holder came back into the area after a long time forced exile from that area AND if the rest of the worlds organized committee decided that's where these exiles were going to be dropped rather than accept them themselves, you could hardly blame the people being forced to return to their homeland after your ancestors had sent them into exile could you?

Firstly it would not be called an invasion, it was called a re-settlement, secondly if given the option to share but you refuse based on your commitment to eradication of the returning settlers. Thirdly no other Arab nation has stepped forward to soften the plight of these so-called Palestinians, but rather joined in isolating them to their serving as the pointy end of the stick by which they continue to prod Israel at the retarded "so-called" Palestinian's expense.

One day these "so-called" Palestinians will look to the treatment extended to them by their brethren AAAARABS and wonder; how could we have been so fugging stupid as to waste so many years and lives in serving as the pincushion for our fellow rag-heads?

How is it those Arabs who have chosen to forsake this nonsense and living peacefully within Israel manage to thrive and prosper?

If it's Peace you're truly interested in Brian; show your outrage at those who choose to ignore (such as the U.N.) the strapping of suicide bombs onto the chests of children for decades now and manage to wait until Israel takes the gloves off before getting all faux outraged.
Aahhh, the slippery slope of "It was ours back in the day.." If that's the case, then prepare for the Native Americans to take back their land. (And I'm S-U-R-E that Americans will give up their homes for the Native Americans. RIIIGHT.
So why the double standard, hmmm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So what are you proposing? Israel is NEVER going to give up it's country. You do know that, right? You are not fooling yourself into thinking that one day, they will just leave, are you? There is no hope of that ever happening. Some people think they should, and some think they shouldn't, but opinions mean very little. It is not even in the realm of possibility.

So with that out of the way, what are you suggesting is the peaceful action that Israel should take? Just allow rocket attacks and suicide bombers with no retaliation? Is that the peaceful solution you are looking for?
Actually, I think that someday soon the state of Israel will indeed be peacefully dismantled. Most likely by Jews themselves. Many Jews recognize that peace in the ME is not possible, and that the state was never intended to be. The Jews in NYC don't fly the star of david flag (in fact, I've even seen Jews BURNING the flag). Very strong statements they are making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
This is the same gross oversimplification you keep repeating to everyone.

If someone fires on Israeli soldiers as they try to force an innocent person out of their home, then that's one thing. Launching rockets indiscriminately, or specifically targeting civilians by bombing a bus, or bombing a nightclub, or shooting up a random car driving by, etc., is not "resistance" ... it's terrorism. The people who carry out these acts are terrorists. The people who support these acts are, by proxy, supporting terrorism. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

If you still find violence to be something worthy of attainment, I don't think you should be saying "peace" to people unless it's for the sake of pure irony.
Actually, I'm quite serious about peace. And I think I'm about the only person on this forum who is. I'm not pro-Jew, and I'm not pro-Palestinian. What I'm saying is that the situation needs to be understood for what it is: occupation. It's really that simple. All the smoke screens are nothing more, nothing less. If you take people's land and homes, you'll get blowback. It's been going on for decades, and it seems it will continue. I don't justify the violence in any way from either side. I do, however, understand why the Palestinians are angry: they want their homes and land back. I think that's completely human. Imagine of the tables were turned, and the Palestinians were demolishing Jewish homes. -All hell would break loose! So why should it be any different for them?? It's not.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-13-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There is ONLY a small minority of Jews that think and they are an ultra-orthodox extremist group that don't believe a state of Israel should exist until the Messiah comes.

Meanwhile, more Israelis are being injured from the rocket attacks.

16-year-old heavily injured by rocket blast Ashkelon - Israel News, Ynetnews
The fact that the groups are small just shows how deceived into doing the devils work the zionists are. Better a small group with morals, than a huge crowd of criminals.

As for your news updates, expect more blowback. It's a natural result of forcefully taking other people's property and claiming that it's yours. Kindergarten stuff.

On the other hand, learn to play nice, and people *might* respect you.

And while you're worried about someone who got injured, you should also pray for the hundreds of Palestinian families who have lost children and other family members recently thanks to Israel's offenses.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-13-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the most Merciful)

Insha Allah, May wiser heads prevail and this madness end before more innocents are harmed.
AMEN!

BTW: Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same God, the God of the Bible. Boy, I wish we could get a grasp of that fact! It would really help!

Peace!
brian

Old 07-13-2014, 01:43 PM

78,365 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Actually, I'm quite serious about peace. And I think I'm about the only person on this forum who is. I'm not pro-Jew, and I'm not pro-Palestinian. What I'm saying is that the situation needs to be understood for what it is: occupation. It's really that simple. All the smoke screens are nothing more, nothing less. If you take people's land and homes, you'll get blowback. It's been going on for decades, and it seems it will continue. I don't justify the violence in any way from either side. I do, however, understand why the Palestinians are angry: they want their homes and land back. I think that's completely human. Imagine of the tables were turned, and the Palestinians were demolishing Jewish homes. -All hell would break loose! So why should it be any different for them?? It's not.

Peace.
brian
IF the tables were turned there would be a couple million dead jews.

We can argue right or wrong but on that account....I dare you to tell me any differently.

The Israeli's aren't the good guys nor are the pals the bad guys, I see shades of grey, but when you are talking intolerable religious extremists....both sides have them but there are a whole lot fewer on the Israeli side of the equation.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:52 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
That is not true. The Jewish part of the partition went into effect and soon as the British Mandate expired the newly formed State of Israel was attacked by all the neighboring Arab countries. The result of this war was that Israel gained land and Israel was not destroyed as the Arabs thought would happen. I am tired of others trying to distort facts such as yourself.
The partition plan did not have a "severability" provision for Jews. It was not adopted by the Security Council. It was null and void, and was in any case superseded by many resolutions that actually were adopted by the Security Council and are therefore actually enforceable (in theory; not in practice as long as the U.S. Government is in the clutches of the Israeli defense lobby.)

Last edited by djacques; 07-13-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies