Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act...

During that same interview, talking about Obamacare I said, though it wasn't widely reported:

"The good news is 100% of the population (full-time workers) is going to get health insurance. I'm cool with that."
"We're all going to pay for it. There's nothing for free."
"And this way I get to provide health insurance and I'm not at a competitive disadvantage ... our competitors are going to have to do the same thing."

...Papa John's, like most businesses, is still researching what the Affordable Care Act means to our operations. Regardless of the conclusion of our analysis, we will honor this law, as we do all laws, and continue to offer 100% of Papa John's corporate employees and workers in company-owned stores health insurance as we have since the company was founded in 1984.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h...b_2166209.html

Now before you go ranting about Huffington Post, Schnatter wrote this himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 08:57 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,570 times
Yeah, that response is decidedly more ACA-positive then what he said in August that got the whole ball of dough rolling... Papa John's: 'Obamacare' will raise pizza prices - POLITICO.com

Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 AM

397 posts, read 257,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act...

During that same interview, talking about Obamacare I said, though it wasn't widely reported:

"The good news is 100% of the population (full-time workers) is going to get health insurance. I'm cool with that."
"And this way I get to provide health insurance and I'm not at a competitive disadvantage ... our competitors are going to have to do the same thing."

...Papa John's, like most businesses, is still researching what the Affordable Care Act means to our operations. Regardless of the conclusion of our analysis, we will honor this law, as we do all laws, and continue to offer 100% of Papa John's corporate employees and workers in company-owned stores health insurance as we have since the company was founded in 1984.

John Schnatter: The Real Scoop on Papa John's and Obamacare

Once you go political and lose customers its hard to get them back.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM

724 posts, read 593,580 times
Let the back peddling begin. To late papa, you lost me as a customer because you couldn't keep your politics and business seperate.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Wow. He sure has changed his tune and pretty quickly, I might add. Hmmm.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

John Schnatter: The Real Scoop on Papa John's and Obamacare

Good. Good for him, I totally agree.

What with that and the recanting of the famous Denny franchise owner's "surcharge" story, the wailing and gnashing of teeth about businesses and Obamacare was all for naught, as I have been saying repeatedly on these threads since they started popping up.

Now I'm sure there are legitimate growing pains that should be discussed and disected, and appropriately concerned about, but this whole "business is going to lay everybody off because of Obamacare" meme wasn't one of them.

Let's not spread anymore lies that undermines the economy's confidence and get on with making America a great and productive place to live, as we can and should. If you have any ounce of patriotism, you'll do the same.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Once you go political and lose customers its hard to get them back.
If he never made the claim, then it would not be correct to say he "went political". It seems like the RW used their name to push for their propaganda and ended up sabotaging the reputation of "Tha Papa".

Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Where are all his loyal RWNJ supporters/servants who were ready to buy extra hustle pies to support his prices gouging and layoffs over 14 cents?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Let the back peddling begin. To late papa, you lost me as a customer because you couldn't keep your politics and business seperate.

You remind me that in a small town close by a gentleman purchased an ongoing business, selling water (where you pull up and fill up your jug, etc).

Almost immediately he put up one of those large white billboard-type signs in which he began posting 'messages', all directed against President Obama (this was mid 2009), things like "Obama Not Natural Born Citizen", and "Obama Enslaving Honest Business Men", and the like.

Well! Not surprisingly, his business went to a certain-place-in-a-hand-basket pretty quick. By mid 2010 he had a 'for sale' sign up, with no takers as yet. He still has his sign up, of course, blaming President Obama for his failing business.

Perhaps in a large, metro area one can get away with that, but no in a town of one or two thousand. Strange behavior.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Yes, but can he make the pizza taste better?

Has anyone tried the new Domino's by the way? How is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies