Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Not only sexist, but completely lacking in any kind of reality! LOL @ the use of "low stress lives" and "take care of children" in the same sentence. What a joke! I'd LOVE to see the shoe on the other foot - men trying to balance work, children, marriage, home, etc like women are expected to do every day.
LOL, too true! Men can't multi-task. That has been documented.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It depends on the person. My father has been known to handle kids, cooking, and work. He's done it and was successful at it. In our family, it's "do whatever is necessary, whenever necessary".

Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Cool! Good for him!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
h
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
So the fact that I wouldn't have been free to express my opinions in the 1950s is a sign that religion is under attack?

You are perfectly free to practice your silly superstitions in your churches and in your home, NOBODY is imposing on those freedoms, no matter how much your deluded mind wants to think.

Actually, that episode of "New Normal" did the exact opposite in that episode. It said "despite the negative stereotypes about Catholicism's acceptance of homosexuality, it's still perfectly fine for a homosexual man to be a Catholic and to accept God into his life".
7th Heaven was about a freaking Preacher's family. They prayed all the time.
Friday Night Lights is about football, yet prayer is a major feature of the show.
The Sopranos was a show about the Mafia and even that had a major focus on prayer, church and confession. Entire episodes revolved around the faith of the characters.

Again, you show massive ignorance due to your insistence that Religion is under attack (actually, not religion, but Christianity) even though there is clearly no evidence whatsoever to support it.

So seriously, get over it. Prayer is perfectly fine for Americans. FORCED Prayer is not. That's what's being fought these days, the moments where kids are outcast because they are being forced to pray in a PUBLIC place.

YES, now it's lets attack religion all we want and try to get rid of it. In the 50s it would have been a non issue. Now religions are being FORCED to accept a secular society and religious people better just sit down and shut up, how fair is that?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What? My husband can multitask more than I can anytime. He does it everyday at work.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
It wouldn't be good for most blacks, most women, most immigrants, most Hispanics, the poor, but I guess angry old white men would be loving it.
Did you ask your mother and aunts about that? I wonder if those women had a husband who lived in the home with them. It seems now the black men have been pushed out and not needed anymore. I am just going by the stats.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yeah, men would never wear tee shirts and jeans in the 1950's

Maybe your three martini suit and tie crowd wasn't wearing tee shirts and jeans, but you'd be wrong if you think the baby boomers were following along.
Please pay attention. I said you didn't see people back then in a restaurant wearing jeans and a T-shirt. At a formal or fancy restaurant. Today, it's common to see people in a semi-formal or formal restaurant wearing very casual clothing.

Quote:
FYI, the KNOWN teen pregnancy rate was 3 times as high in the 1950's, but coat hanger, falling down the steps and back alley abortions were holding those numbers down.
Are those statistics married or unmarried teens? Or both? The rate of teen pregnancy for unmarried teens is far, far higher today than in the '50s.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Did you ask your mother and aunts about that? I wonder if those women had a husband who lived in the home with them. It seems now the black men have been pushed out and not needed anymore. I am just going by the stats.
It is a combination of things. I know what goes on. The way the welfare system is designed is one part of this equation. At least in the housing projects of Chicago, if welfare was being given out, the father couldn't be there. I say the welfare system should be reformed. But this is part of it. Another part of the equation is this. Divorce rates are going up. Black women, on average, are more likely to work outside of the home, and this trend has taken place for a long time, even in the 1950s. I would argue that working women of any ethnicity are more likely to walk away from a bad marriage or an abusive boyfriend.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Not only sexist, but completely lacking in any kind of reality! LOL @ the use of "low stress lives" and "take care of children" in the same sentence. What a joke! I'd LOVE to see the shoe on the other foot - men trying to balance work, children, marriage, home, etc like women are expected to do every day.
I'm sorry but staying home and taking care of children is a low stress job sweety. If raising kids is stressful to you than be glad you don't work 70 hours a week in the corporate world or serve infantry in the marine core. You obviously didn't read my posts or the articles because if you did you would see that this is why most women are mentally broken now days. They have too much on there plates and they're not wired for it. Women in general hate hearing that they're the weaker of the sexes both physically and mentally but there's nothing really sexist about it. It's supposed to be that way.

That's nature...........

Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I'm sorry but staying home and taking care of children is a low stress job sweety. If raising kids is stressful to you than be glad you don't work 70 hours a week in the corporate world or serve infantry in the marine core. You obviously didn't read my posts or the articles because if you did you would see that this is why most women are mentally broken now days. They have too much on there plates and they're not wired for it. Women in general hate hearing that they're the weaker of the sexes both physically and mentally but there's nothing really sexist about it. It's supposed to be that way.

That's nature...........
If it's low stress, then why don't you do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies