Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Women in general hate hearing that they're the weaker of the sexes both physically and mentally but there's nothing really sexist about it. It's supposed to be that way.
Mentally weaker? Do you have any evidence to back that up such as the results of IQ tests showing males always score higher? Inquiring minds would like to know.

P.S. - If you have a wife, I'd love to see her post and hear her take on your comments in this thread.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is a combination of things. I know what goes on. The way the welfare system is designed is one part of this equation. At least in the housing projects of Chicago, if welfare was being given out, the father couldn't be there. I say the welfare system should be reformed. But this is part of it. Another part of the equation is this. Divorce rates are going up. Black women, on average, are more likely to work outside of the home, and this trend has taken place for a long time, even in the 1950s. I would argue that working women of any ethnicity are more likely to walk away from a bad marriage or an abusive boyfriend.
I'm glad you said that. Obama is going right back into what it was before Clinton made it a welfare to work program. You can see the damage welfare costs to ALL families but Obama had to promise freebies to get re-elected again.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Your completely baseless opinion.

Men are far more docile with women now. Men defer to whatever a woman wants. Men stand around holding their purses while they shop. Men carry their groceries (instead of the clerks). Men do far more of the housework now than ever before. Men do much more caring for the children than ever before.

-colored view of the 1950s is laughable.
Not even "I Love Lucy" was that peachy-keen. Lucy got drunk during the day, got hit by Ricky anYour rosed regularly struggled with her role as a doting housewife.

Why is nothing wrong with married teens being pregnant?
They are far too young to be parents as teenagers and obviously too young for marriage too.
Have you met a teenaged girl? They're clearly not mature enough to make a decision that will affect the rest of their life...

HS Girls should not be getting pregnant or married. They should be getting an education and figuring out who they are and what they will do with their lives. Unlike you, I think women have value outside of being baby factories to serve men as their slaves.

Did you ever watch, "I Love Lucy"? Your description of that show tells me you never saw it. I wonder just how much you know or just how old you are. Geesh LOL

I agree with the other statement, girls should be getting an education, etc plus not getting pregnant and becoming baby factories but tell them. A lot of them want to be single mothers without much of a future ahead of them.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What? My husband can multitask more than I can anytime. He does it everyday at work.
Hey I can watch football, listen to a baseball game on the radio and yell at my kids at the same time. On top of that tell the wife to cook dinner. That is multi tasking. I'd like to see a woman do that.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchief25 View Post
hey i can watch football, listen to a baseball game on the radio and yell at my kids at the same time. On top of that tell the wife to cook dinner. That is multi tasking. I'd like to see a woman do that.
hahahahahahahahaha

Old 11-30-2012, 12:53 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Mentally weaker? Do you have any evidence to back that up such as the results of IQ tests showing males always score higher? Inquiring minds would like to know.

P.S. - If you have a wife, I'd love to see her post and hear her take on your comments in this thread.
I wasn't talking about intelligence but since you brought it up here are the facts. Statistically there are more really stupid men then there are really stupid women but there are also 2-3 times more extremely intelligent men than there are extremely intelligent women.

Conclusion.....pretty much everything in the history of the earth that's amazing was thought up by some really smart guy but the bulk of low IQ criminals that flood are prison systems are men as well.

When I say mentally weaker what I'm talking about is nerves and emotional stability. Some women are tough as nails but let's face it most women are made of glass. As stated before as a collective whole women were never intended to be able to handle the stresses and competitive nature of the society that we live in.

As far as my wife/ex goes, she is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. She worked extreme hours at a very stressful accounting job and snapped a 32 years old. She Started taking meds that killed our sex life and became almost impossible to be around the last few years we where together. she wanted to be a career woman with no kids so now she's an absolutely miserable career woman with no kids that"s too old to take it back now.

Last edited by redfish1; 11-30-2012 at 01:11 AM..

Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times

Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but staying home and taking care of children is a low stress job sweety. If raising kids is stressful to you than be glad you don't work 70 hours a week in the corporate world or serve infantry in the marine core. You obviously didn't read my posts or the articles because if you did you would see that this is why most women are mentally broken now days. They have too much on there plates and they're not wired for it. Women in general hate hearing that they're the weaker of the sexes both physically and mentally but there's nothing really sexist about it. It's supposed to be that way.

That's nature...........
Don't condescend to me. This sounds like a load of crap right out of the Misogynists Handbook: How Real Men Should Think. Your post is full of inaccuracies, dated stereotypes and nastiness.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
If you can find a woman who is willing to fit into your idea of what a woman should be...goody for you. What I don't get is why people feel as though every woman on the planet has to fall in line with their ideal.

Quote:
I'm sorry but staying home and taking care of children is a low stress job sweety. If raising kids is stressful to you than be glad you don't work 70 hours a week in the corporate world or serve infantry in the marine core. You obviously didn't read my posts or the articles because if you did you would see that this is why most women are mentally broken now days. They have too much on there plates and they're not wired for it. Women in general hate hearing that they're the weaker of the sexes both physically and mentally but there's nothing really sexist about it. It's supposed to be that way.

That's nature...........

Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
When I say mentally weaker what I'm talking about is nerves and emotional stability. Some women are tough as nails but let's face it most women are made of glass. As stated before as a collective whole women were never intended to be able to handle the stresses and competitive nature of the society that we live in.
Neither were men.

Why Women Are Less Likely Than Men to Commit Suicide
Quote:
Many studies have identified a strong link between suicide and diagnosable mental illness, especially depression. So because women suffer from depression at a much higher rate than men, they would seem to be at higher risk for suicide. But women actually commit suicide about one-fourth as often as men.
The article goes on to discuss the reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies