Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:19 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,992,562 times

Advertisements

Just as pro-lifers don't want to pay for BC or abortions....ya know....personal responsibility and all that.....please tell me why I should subsidize your choice to have a child?

Having a child is not a necessity. If you can't afford to pay for it yourself, you shouldn't have one.

The same goes for the mortgage deduction.....if you can't afford a house without it.....why should I subsidize your personal choice to buy a home? Owning your own home is not a necessity.

As a single/no dependent taxpayer.....I have nothing I can deduct.....I can't even deduct the money I give to charity. How about I get to deduct something I would just, you know, like to have? Like a new car or a kitchen remodel? Something I don't need, just something I would like to have.

I pay plenty of taxes for things people do need.....like food and shelter for the poor, education for everyone else's child....though I have none. Isn't that enough?

And yes, I would gladly pay taxes to provide BC and abortions.....because, in the long run.....it will reduce my taxes.....it is the fiscally smart thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,420,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yawn..... yet another delusional feminazi women hating thread

But, the dulusional nature of the demotards as to why they won is quite funny.... they actually believe that the majority was worried about abortions and this kind of retarded thinking is far from reality

Your party of angry hatefilled ignorant fools won because you promised people free things and the state run media protected Obama

Anyways, keep on going with the delusional thinking and believe that people are moving to the left regarding the abortion issue...... those of us with intelligence will continue to laugh at you while you are in line at the DSS office and the health clinic waiting to get those herpes cured.....feminazis....
No, Obama didn't win because of the "war on women." But he also didn't win because of promising people free things. And, while most of the media favored Obama and is too biased, the media is not state-run (with the exception of PBS). This type of talk is really not going to do anything but divide us more.

The main reasons Obama won had to do with people seeing Romney as being an out of touch, rich, greedy "vulture capitalist" as well as his stance on illegal immigration, as well as him running an utterly incompetent campaign and the Obama campaign doing a fabulous job both in their ads and in their ground game.

This being said, the reason Republican candidates did not win the Senate elections in Indiana and Missouri had everything to do with their attitudes towards women.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 PM

38,619 posts, read 26,288,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Instead of finding ways to get Americans back to work, they're still on this defund planned parenthood thing. The House wasted 4 years doing this.

Nope, they don't get it.
Maybe someone should tell them planned parenthood doesn't fund abortions? Nor does the Fed..

"Get Americans back to work"?

After four years of complete failure by this administration and after reelecting Obama in spite of his track record of complete failure, you are actually posting some nonsense about Republicans finding ways to "get Americans back to work"?

"Abortions are available at many Planned Parenthood health centers, clinics, and the offices of private health care providers."

What Happens During an Abortion - In-Clinic Abortion Cost

Doesn't matter if they fund them or not.

They are in the business of abortion.

Can't think of a single reason why my tax dollars should go to such an organization.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,420,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If they would ever so kindly remove the boot-heel from our collective throats then dumping all tax deductions would be fine and dandy. But taxes keep going up so ...

A tax credit for a corporate jet is a lot more ridiculous that a tax credit for having children.
We need flat taxes without deductions or exemptions. Period.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,227,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Right because children don't cost a thing.

General Electric doesn't pay any federal income taxes Now that is ridiculous!

Couples with kids need the tax break. General Electric doesn't.
It's a choice, if you can't afford them without government assistance, you might want to rethink your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies