Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:41 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,447 times

Advertisements

Just reading this thread and most of the CD boards will show you that lefties are FAR less informed. Anyone defending MSNBC as being in reality is just plain freakin off their rocker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Just reading this thread and most of the CD boards will show you that lefties are FAR less informed. Anyone defending MSNBC as being in reality is just plain freakin off their rocker.
According to you -- who thinks he's more informed but may not be at all.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times
I would think most of the new viewers for MSNBC than night were people looking to see those left-wing radicals blow up if Obama lost.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 PM

397 posts, read 257,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
They were assuming that -

1. The American public was intelligent

2. That republicans would show up at the polls

Neither was true

Propaganda shows like MSNBC are appealing to the dull witted, who tend to be more susceptible to propaganda. Intelligent people just laugh at such drivel. Keep in mind that the average IQ of the American public is 96; the results of the election and the IQ measurements confirm that the majority of Americans are idiots.
and your IQ is?

Old 11-21-2012, 12:59 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
If New Jersey is liberal then why did they vote in Christi ? Are you calling Chris christi a liberal ? Oh and to what you said before about fox being fair and balanced because they have a few democrats on every now and then is BS. The so called dems they have on are people who abandoned their party and are now working for FOX or a fox affiliate.
Yes, New Jersey is and always will be a Blue State.

Also....You obviously don't watch Fox enough to make those assertions.

Ever heard of Juan Williams? Alan Colmes? The multitudes of Democratic strategists that are routinely brought on?

You hang your hat on Dick Morris to make your point. That's funny!!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
What the... No, guesses are guesses. A scientific is no more a guess than your opinion is a fact.

So in other words, peer reviewed scientific studies are wrong unless they confirm your personal biases. I'm guessing that there aren't too many of those out there.
Show me these "peer reviewed scientific studies"....i'm waiting.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So, a study can't be correct if it was conducted in a state that voted for Obama? Pathetic.

Another example of the right-wing dismissing facts that happen to disagree with their beliefs. "It's only true if it confirms what you already think is fact."
It has nothing to do with "voting for Obama." It has everything to do with liberalism being 1) entrenched in New Jersey politics, and 2) being entrenched in New Jersey universities.

Find me an objective study (or multiple objective studies as the other poster claims exists) and i'll be glad to concede the point. So far, all that's been drudged up is a poll taken by a University that 99.9% of America has never heard of. That's not the evidence or data that one can or should bank on when making grand proclamations, and you know it.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The more someone puts themselves in the right wing bubble the less informed they become. That is a FACT. People who consume no news are better informed than people who watch Fox. That is also a FACT.

You can stay in the right wing bubble if you want but, no, most people won't consider you to be a "critical thinking person" if you do so because it just won't lead to you being informed on the facts. To compare, yes, the main stream media still uses tried and true journalism standards which are factually based rather than just spin and all the evidence shows that people who watch fact based journalism sources are indeed better informed. Ignore those facts at your peril.
If you would of read my whole response you would of maybe realized I do not watch the MSM for my news, not FOX, not MSNBC none of the MSM. I am not a right wing or even left wing person because I am smart enough to realize that both parties are broken.

Now if you truly did think 4 yourself like your name claims you would not be defending any MSM and you would have agreed with me. But you are nothing but another sheep following the herd thinking you really understand what is going on around you. But there is hope for you because I also was a good little sheep at one time and watched the MSM and believed it.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:08 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I watched about 15 minutes of MadCow last night. The wench was rambling all over the place. And boring. No. Make that BORING!

For fair and balanced content, I'll stick with Fox. When I tire of the female screeching, I'll switch to Animal Planet. Most female pundits and hosts sound worse than animals in heat. Megyn Kelly and Greta are the worst of the bunch.

As a little aside, I wonder how Baracky 0bama pronounces the website that graphic is from. "NewsCorpse".

lol. What a dumb bunny that fool is.
In other words Maddow's intelligence baffles you and you don't get it....

Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If Fox viewers are so intelligent, why did they dismiss people with the track records of Silver or Sabato, and why did they look like such fools the morning of the 7th?
Apparently, you're too dense to know that Sabato was making his little guesses on Fox multiple times daily.

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
In other words Maddow's intelligence baffles you and you don't get it....
MadCow is about as intelligent as a salted slug. She's a prime example of how education doesn't make a person smart. She's dumber than dumb. Seriously dumb. Over the top dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies