Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

See..I told you people that Papa John's offered insurance to ALL their employees.
Now you see it come from his mouth as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM

724 posts, read 593,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Good. Good for him, I totally agree.

What with that and the recanting of the famous Denny franchise owner's "surcharge" story, the wailing and gnashing of teeth about businesses and Obamacare was all for naught, as I have been saying repeatedly on these threads since they started popping up.

Now I'm sure there are legitimate growing pains that should be discussed and disected, and appropriately concerned about, but this whole "business is going to lay everybody off because of Obamacare" meme wasn't one of them.

Let's not spread anymore lies that undermines the economy's confidence and get on with making America a great and productive place to live, as we can and should. If you have any ounce of patriotism, you'll do the same.
Hear hear. I couldn't agree more. Grow up, grow a pair, and move on. Lets get this country working again. Change is rarely easy, but it is inevitable.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If he never made the claim, then it would not be correct to say he "went political". It seems like the RW used their name to push for their propaganda and ended up sabotaging the reputation of "Tha Papa".
What took him so long to refute the story? In today's era of lighting fast social media these corporate executives are going to have to learn to react a lot faster. The real problem is that the brand has been damaged, and once your brand is associated with something negative in the consumers' minds, it can be near impossible to recover.

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is an excellent case study. They've seen nearly a 55% drop off in donations since January. The damage they did to their brand cannot be undone.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
I want that guy playing safety for my team. His back pedal is better than anything we have in our secondary right now.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What took him so long to refute the story? In today's era of lighting fast social media these corporate executives are going to have to learn to react a lot faster. The real problem is that the brand has been damaged, and once your brand is associated with something negative in the consumers' minds, it can be near impossible to recover.

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is an excellent case study. They've seen nearly a 55% drop off in donations since January. The damage they did to their brand cannot be undone.
Because sometimes they fizzle out on their own.
Sometimes making a statement about it too soon fuels the flames.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Wait, are you trying to tell me that someone engaged in wild hyperbole during a political campaign? And against Obama, nonetheless? Jeez, I thought when some helmet head on Fox said that Obama "sat by while people died", that he actually had something to back it up. Maybe I was wrong?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. He sure has changed his tune and pretty quickly, I might add. Hmmm.
Romnesia.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because sometimes they fizzle out on their own.
Sometimes making a statement about it too soon fuels the flames.
Meanwhile, all the people that ran with the "Obamacare is killing business" theory have run with it to the point where they've scared half the population into thinking that it's true.

And what do you think the result of these scare tactics is? I'll tell you - people are scared for their jobs and will hold onto their money, rather than spending it, which will cause the economy to recover at a slower pace.

Which cuts off everybody's nose to spite our faces.

Although to some people this is not a bad thing, because then they can repeatedly and unabashedly blame Obama for it, which is more important to them than the good of the country they claim to love.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
free market struck quickly? Guess the right is really happy that capitalism is strong and alive.., guess they also learned there are 2 edges to that sword.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Meanwhile, all the people that ran with the "Obamacare is killing business" theory have run with it to the point where they've scared half the population into thinking that it's true.

And what do you think the result of these scare tactics is? I'll tell you - people are scared for their jobs and will hold onto their money, rather than spending it, which will cause the economy to recover at a slower pace.

Which cuts off everybody's nose to spite our faces.

Although to some people this is not a bad thing, because then they can repeatedly and unabashedly blame Obama for it, which is more important to them than the good of the country they claim to love.
People are not hoarding money. The US has an abysmal savings rate compared to other countries.
Our problem is that the cost of goods have gone up as commodities have skyrocketed in the past few years. But food/energy is not included in the CPI so there is a false sense of no inflation.

Wages have not kept up with costs. More people are underemployed making less than what they used to and have to adjust.

Consumerism involves lots of buying toys and gadgets and constant upgrades.
People are just not doing that currently. Paying the mortgage and putting food on the table and keeping clothes on your back is more important.

They are using whatever extra they have to pay down revolving debt. This is a good thing.
When you are high in debt you have very little options for flexibility (job switch or relocation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies